Arrest Warrant! - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By wat0n
If Stormy Daniels doesn't bring him down, his interference in the Georgia election should. It's too blatant not to.

One thing that brings him down will also trigger all others to materialize.
Potemkin wrote:Truth can be stranger than fiction, @Tainari88. In fact, it usually is stranger than fiction, because fiction writers try hard to make their fiction sound plausible. Reality is under no such restriction. Lol. But yeah, it would be ironic if Stormy Daniels turns out to be the one who brings Trump down, after so many have tried and failed.

You don't mess with wealthy hookers.
MadMonk wrote:The ICC has a history of being biased and chasing low-hanging fruit perhaps, especially in regard to Africa. I do find it funny though, that they launched a major investigation in 2020 into war crimes that have been committed in Afghanistan and it would focus on all parties involved. This provoked the United States and the Trump Administration to the point of attacking and sanctioning the court and its members.

Maybe they do have some spine after all.

Well, When I said spineless I was kind of intimating it has no will to work universally because it's obviously a Western European court subject to full US-WE control and/or works for those bodies.

I've only seen it used by the West against literally anyone else. Still, it would be promising to see that buffoon Trump in handcuffs, I assure you.

This is also probably the latest reason why "conservatives" like Rich think they feel the way they do.
By Rich
Morgan Le Fey wrote:This is also probably the latest reason why "conservatives" like Rich think they feel the way they do.

I'm hardline Republican, as in anti monarchy, so hardline that I'd probably vote Sinn Fein, if they stood in my constituency. I'm hardline pro abortion, support at least moving towards a national basic income and a universal (ie world wide) basic income. I support increased corporation, capital gains, mansion and land taxes. I would like to see tax advantages for marriage abolished. I oppose making people stateless based on where their parents were born. I opposed Brexit and support rejoining the EU at the earliest opportunity. I oppose Christianity and Monotheism.

I don't see how any half way objective person could describe me as conservative. In 2016 I was rooting for Hilary. It was only when she won the nomination and went full Neo Con and wanted to go to war in Syria that I switched my support to Trump. In 2020 I was backing Sanders until he dropped out.
I mean that just shows you've been all over the place!

Going from Sanders to Trump shouldn't be possible once one has refined ones politics.

I was raised by Dems, thought I was rebelling against them by turning conservative in my late 20s and early 30s, then found PoFo and my whole world broadened.

Dropped conservatism when I discovered how many bodies it must dismiss thin order to remain relevant, went far left, flirted with the reds but not seriously.

Then stayed apolitical until the far right organized in Charlottesville, and my duty to oppose that horse patootie became clear.

The lie that "social conservatives" are family values people, and the lie that any Republican was ever "small government" turns my stomach.

Dems are reformers, and reform is a dirty word!
By QatzelOk
If Madeleine Albright were still alive, she would be sickened to hear that Russia has taken in 100s of thousands of Ukrainian orphans. Instead of killing them.

No one ever threatened to arrest Ms. Albright because... the banks make the laws?
By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:If Madeleine Albright were still alive, she would be sickened to hear that Russia has taken in 100s of thousands of Ukrainian orphans. Instead of killing them.

I guess she's talking about Yugoslavia / Serbia under Milosovic. It was a pro-Russia dictatorship for God's sake. She was doing it to relieve those poor souls from living a miserable and potentially wicked life, as Igor Antunov had demonstrated before his (deserved) death. (of course, yours also qualify, but apparently he's actually from Yugoslavia)
By ingliz
@Patrickov

She's talking about Iraq, a pro-American dictatorship until the US shit on them.

:lol:
By QatzelOk
ingliz wrote:@Patrickov

She's talking about Iraq, a pro-American dictatorship until the US shit on them.

Her famous reply, about USA-lead sanctions killing up to 500,000 Iraqi children was "We think it's worth it."

Patrickov, if you want to know more about Western wars on resource-strategic countries, there's a whole gamut of 20 Year Anniversary of the (Second) Iraq War out there.

Here's one article about it with lots of quotes from the political class and media:

Jeffrey St. Clair wrote:...“Right now, Iraq is expanding and improving facilities that were used for the production of biological weapons.”

– George W. Bush, September 12, 2002...

Lots more lies where that came from... Read the article and it will put the unprovoked invasion of UkraineTM into perspective.
By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:Her famous reply, about USA-lead sanctions killing up to 500,000 Iraqi children was "We think it's worth it."

Actually my response is the same. It's twisted mercy but it's mercy no less.

It's better to have 1 more dead person than 1 more Igor Antunov or you.
By Patrickov
ingliz wrote:She's talking about Iraq, a pro-American dictatorship until the US shit on them.

It's the other way round actually. Saddam shit on the US.

My response remains the same -- see above.

That said, I seem to be seeing two people on PoFo whose worth of humanity is actually lower than those children who sadly died.
(three if Igor Antunov is counted, but as I said elsewhere I assume he's already dead)
By ingliz
@Patrickov

It's not.

Like a good little president of a client state, he had asked his patron for permission to sort the problem out, and it was given.

The American ambassador told Saddam that the United States did not take a stand on Arab-Arab conflicts, such as Iraq's border disagreement with Kuwait.

After invading Kuwait, Saddam found out they did.

By Patrickov
ingliz wrote:It's not.

Like a good little president of a client state, he had asked his patron for permission to sort the problem out, and it was given.

The American ambassador told Saddam that the United States did not take a stand on Arab-Arab conflicts, such as Iraq's border disagreement with Kuwait.

After invading Kuwait, Saddam found out they did.

Saddam got too far and the Old Bush administration was taken aback.

Old Bush was incompetent, not backstabbing.

You are twisting the context.
By Puffer Fish
wat0n wrote:If Stormy Daniels doesn't bring him down, his interference in the Georgia election should. It's too blatant not to.

One thing that brings him down will also trigger all others to materialize.

The media might be misrepresenting how strong the case actually is.

Could, theoretically, a legal argument be made that these two things constituted illegal things? Yes. But that being true does not automatically mean it is logical and reasonable to treat it as a crime.
By wat0n
Puffer Fish wrote:The media might be misrepresenting how strong the case actually is.

Could, theoretically, a legal argument be made that these two things constituted illegal things? Yes. But that being true does not automatically mean it is logical and reasonable to treat it as a crime.

It is a felony to pressure officials to find "missing" votes like Trump did

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/52/20511
By QatzelOk
Patrickov wrote:Saddam got too far and the Old Bush administration was taken aback.

Were you born when this happened?

Because now you are showing absolutely no insight into this particular war crime, or the multiple bombings-sanctions-coup d'etat's that Iraq has seen, all sponsored by oil-needing nations in the colonial west.

Your antagonism against China is now much easier to understand. China wants economic development and peace, while you love to see bombs fall in countries you find "evil" without having a clue about their histories or politics.

Thanks for your closing statements. I will attempt to interact with posters who have a bit more depth.
By Rich
So if Russia, China or Iran arrested the American President I wonder how the Liberals would react. i would hope they would consider it an act of war. It seems to me that Dmitry Medvedev has acted wisely in making his remarks. The cretinous narcissists of the international Criminal Court need to be dealt with firmly. The great danger would be if a someone took these jokers seriously and tried to act on their orders and we sleep walked into World War 3.
By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:Were you born when this happened?

Yes. To be specific, I was 6 or 7.

It's history so I don't think my age is a matter.

QatzelOk wrote:Your antagonism against China is now much easier to understand. China wants economic development and peace, while you love to see bombs fall in countries you find "evil" without having a clue about their histories or politics.

If you think China wants economic development and peace you are at best mistaken.

They are just robbers! Thugs!

Didn't you see what that did to Hong Kong, and what they have been sponsoring across Asia?
All those wanting freedom and human rights are brutally suppressed because of the undeserved illusion of 'development' of China!!

I am Chinese and Chinese history was my compulsory study. I know what China is much, much more than you do. Fuck off.
By Patrickov
Rich wrote:So if Russia, China or Iran arrested the American President I wonder how the Liberals would react. i would hope they would consider it an act of war. It seems to me that Dmitry Medvedev has acted wisely in making his remarks. The cretinous narcissists of the international Criminal Court need to be dealt with firmly. The great danger would be if a someone took these jokers seriously and tried to act on their orders and we sleep walked into World War 3.

Do you think WW3 can be avoided, seriously?
QatzelOk wrote:Because now you are showing absolutely no insight into this particular war crime, or the multiple bombings-sanctions-coup d'etat's that Iraq has seen, all sponsored by oil-needing nations in the colonial west.

I don't think he understands the Ottoman history of the land, the Mongol invasions, nor the Islamic Golden Age either. He probably celebrates the Crusades, tho I can't claim they really affected what is now called Iraq directly.

He appears to be one of the "They've [Middle-Easterners... vaguely] always been at war" types but with no actual historical context into why.

I can tell he knows nothing (John Snow) of the post-Ottoman British occupation up to the end of WWII when the relative decline of the British empire enabled the US to become established as Iraq's colonial master. But even that is just one layer of the Iraqi Colonial Onion. When OPEC and the oil supply are analyzed in these contexts the conclusion is obvious if you aren't partisan.

Not saying anyone has to approach Iraq from a non-partisan point-of-view, but at some point when you can't own basic history or don't even know it relative to the opinion you insist is valid, you [Not you mi amigo Qatz, the user in question] come across as another partisan drone who doesn't understand how to ruthlessly pursue their own best interests as the "colonial powers" [wealthy nation-driving men] do.

Control of Iraq in turn means more control over OPEC in an era when US influence over OPEC's Overlord in Saudi Arabia has waned and Iran has been entrenched as an opposition force to Western Oil Markets.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]