Trump Officially Indicted, Facing Criminal Charges - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Looks like Trump is facing up to 30 charges related to business fraud.

John Miller of CNN wrote:Former President Donald Trump faces more than 30 counts related to business fraud in an indictment from a Manhattan grand jury, according to two sources familiar with the case.

Earlier Thursday, a spokesperson for Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg said the office has contacted Trump's attorney to "coordinate his surrender" for arraignment on "a Supreme Court indictment, which remains under seal."

"Guidance will be provided when the arraignment date is selected," it added.

Trump will likely appear in court early next week, his defense attorney said.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... e86cc10026
@Politics_Observer, Trump is rich. He is also an ex-President. It is unlikely, to say the least, that he will face anything more than a few fines. @wat0n, and @Saeko are just speaking facts.

Should he be punished(if found guilty)? Yes.

Will he? Doubtful.

Trump won't have to flee. He's too much of a narcissist to think he won't get away with it. He probably will.
Politics_Observer wrote:business fraud

Translated...

The grand jury voted to indict Donald over the hush money payment made to Stormy Daniels.

:lol:
Prosecutors throwing lots of charges at someone does not necessarily mean they have a strong and logical case.
This is a very common tactic used by prosecutors. They try and throw as much as they can and hope at least one or two things stick. Or try to scare the defendant into a plea bargain.

From what I understand, the case against Trump is based on a combination of very a weak case, stretched & questionable legal logic, and relatively flimsy evidence.

They're probably hoping that this will help distract the public, vindicate all those who claimed Trump should go to prison, and hopefully take him out of the race during the next election, since with legal matters hanging over his head, even if he's not in prison, it will make him be seen as a less desirable candidate.

Most candidates have strong support in the states where they are from, so the issue of a state trying to sabotage someone's presidential bid through criminal charges has never been an issue in American history. Trump has the unusual misfortune of being from an area that hates him. (Someone from NYC getting endorsed by the Republican party to be their Presidential candidate is almost unthinkable)
I think it's even possible that New York's recent decision to remove the statute of limitations on all sexual crimes might have actually had to do Trump, trying to open up other possible avenues to get him.
@Politics_Observer

You don't find it amusing? The man who tried to bring down the US government gets indicted for paying off a sex worker and not sedition.

:lol:
late wrote:I see.

Unlike some other people, I can think on my own, and pull up facts.
Some other people are too mentally lazy to do that and rely on the TV to spoon-feed them all their thoughts and perceptions.
(media commonly wraps up all the facts into pre-packaged characterisations, to make it easy to digest and take in. If you doubt this, notice how they rarely tell you what the details are of all the actual evidence)

Unfortunately, in complicated cases, it's easy for the media to control the perception of reality by selective presentation of facts. (You aren't actually shown all the facts that matter)
They can paint a very different picture of reality by deciding which facts to focus on. It's even very possible to lie, even though all the facts you cited were true.
Last edited by Puffer Fish on 01 Apr 2023 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
Puffer Fish wrote:
Unlike some other people, I can think on my own, and pull up facts.
Some other people are too mentally lazy to do that and rely on the TV to spoon-feed them all their thoughts and perceptions.
(media commonly wraps up all the facts into pre-packaged characterisations, to make it easy to digest and take in. If you doubt this, notice how they rarely tell you what the details are of all the actual evidence)

Unfortunately, in complicated cases, it's easy for the media to control the perception of reality by selective presentation of facts. (You aren't actually shown all the facts that matter)
They can paint a very different picture of reality by deciding which facts to focus on. It's even very possible to lie, even though all the facts you cited were true.

BS isn't steak.

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]