Trump Officially Indicted, Facing Criminal Charges - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
@Godstud

That's bullshit. Look at China and Russia. They are not working towards freedom at all. They have authoritarian governments and have attacked other countries actually fighting for their freedom and their democracy. I mean, this should be pretty obvious to you. Look at how Russia attacked Ukraine when it opted to have a democratic government. Look at how China threatens democratic Taiwan.

All you have to do is watch the news once in a while or do just a tiny bit of research online to understand that. So, you know, I don't know why you all of a sudden felt the need to make such a statement. It sounds like you are anti-American and maybe have some envy or jealousy towards the United States. We are holding our leaders accountable, unlike, say, Russia or China. You know, the sorts of things a free society does that Russia and China and perhaps others, do not do.
ingliz wrote:@Politics_Observer

You don't find it amusing? The man who tried to bring down the US government gets indicted for paying off a sex worker and not sedition.

:lol:

You can't make this stuff up Ingliz. Real life is stranger than fiction.

The man has committed terrible things as the prez of the USA, but Stormy is his Achille's heel.

It is very funny. :lol:
I really wonder if this won't become the new normal in American politics. As a New Yorker etc., Trump was probably pro-gay rights decades before Obama was. The left only hates him because he's patriotic and rude, yet the guys coming after Trump will have actual track records on anti-leftist things, plus they will also be rude since Trump has set the expectations for that.

As such, we might see indictments coming at every Republican Presidential candidate going forward. And since these guys are likely to be governors, they will (like Ron DeSantis already did) refuse to extradite themselves. So what happens then?
Wulfschilde wrote:I really wonder if this won't become the new normal in American politics. As a New Yorker etc., Trump was probably pro-gay rights decades before Obama was. The left only hates him because he's patriotic and rude, yet the guys coming after Trump will have actual track records on anti-leftist things, plus they will also be rude since Trump has set the expectations for that.

As such, we might see indictments coming at every Republican Presidential candidate going forward. And since these guys are likely to be governors, they will (like Ron DeSantis already did) refuse to extradite themselves. So what happens then?

I truely hope it doesn't come to that.

The Repud Party can avoid this by not nominating someone who already has a legal storm cloud hanging over his head.

Right now we need functional parties and functional government, because we are seeing massive flooding in Calif. and other problems that most scientitst say are being caused by climate change. We need to help those people now. We can't with the current non-functional gov. we currently have. It's just a thought.

OK, @Politics_Observer. I was speaking in generalities. My bad.

Also, have you BEEN to China? I seem to get a VERY different impression of China from the people who have actually been there, than what the Western propaganda would have you believe. Why the disconnect between what MSM reports and actual personal account? :?:

China stands to lose too much compared to what it would gain, when it comes to Taiwan.

Why China doesn't actually want to invade Taiwan
https://www.businessinsider.com/xi-bide ... ia-2022-11
Last edited by Godstud on 01 Apr 2023 11:14, edited 1 time in total.
Puffer Fish wrote:
But it is the media when it comes to Trump.

Whining about the media is you telling us you don't like reality.

Now that's not exactly news around here. A bunch of people have already gone to jail, been disbarred, or received some other penalty for doing what Trump said. That's the reality.

And now his time comes around at last, a rude beast slouching towards NY...
You have only awakened the Trump base. Democrats and liberals will be struck down by him. He will only come back stronger.

No president should ever see punishment, ever. How would you progressives like it if we jailed Nixon for interfering with an election or put Clinton in prison for being a rapist? Yeah, I bet you wouldn't like that.

Wulfschilde wrote:I really wonder if this won't become the new normal in American politics. As a New Yorker etc., Trump was probably pro-gay rights decades before Obama was.

Lmao
Every president for the past five decades, minimum, deserves to be in prison. This is just a healthy start. Maybe if we indict, but never even jail, the one president dumb enough to write "FOR CRIMES" in the memo space of his own check book we can build toward sending every president alive to jail forever for the crimes they have committed during their tenure in office.

Bring it on. You Trump supporters are just stupid bitches under the thrall of the dumbest man to ever walk the earth. Every American president you have ever lived under has killed hundreds of thousands of people outside the contiguous 48 states and prison is too good for them.
@Godstud

Godstud wrote:OK, @Politics_Observer. I was speaking in generalities. My bad.

Also, have you BEEN to China? I seem to get a VERY different impression of China from the people who have actually been there, than what the Western propaganda would have you believe. Why the disconnect between what MSM reports and actual personal account? :?:

China stands to lose too much compared to what it would gain, when it comes to Taiwan.

People are people anywhere you go. Nobody wants a war except for maybe powerful people who do not pay the price for starting a war. There are good people in China and Russia, and I am sure, some would want freedom and democracy. Unfortunately, the dictatorships in their governments have too much power and suppress them or brainwash them.

Others, just like here in the U.S. too, are OK with having dictatorship. Trump supporters are examples of people in the U.S. who support having a dictatorship and the suppression of the rights of the citizenry. They are also brainwashed. They have those people too in China and Russia and, I guess, everywhere.
SpecialOlympian wrote:Every president for the past five decades, minimum, deserves to be in prison.

I've said this on pofo before. There should be automatic prison sentences for all politicians once they are out of office.
Politics_Observer wrote:Unfortunately, the dictatorships in their governments have too much power and suppress them or brainwash them.
This also happens in democracies where MSM does that work for them. (eg. USA, Canada, UK, Australia, etc.) If you think brainwashing is limited to dictatorships, then you're truly naive.

Yes, some people like a dictatorship, but many democracies are so close as to be indistinguishable from actual dictatorships.
@Godstud

Godstud wrote:If you think brainwashing is limited to dictatorships, then you're truly naive.

*Sarcastically* REALLLY? I didn't know that. *Sarcastically* Come on Godstud, you should know from reading all my posts in the past that I know Fox News is a propaganda network. So why would you say that to me?
Godstud wrote:@Politics_Observer CNN and MSNBC are ALSO propaganda outlets. They just push a left-wing post-modernism ideology that is just as bad.

IMHO, all mainstream media spouts propaganda in support of mainstream economics. They are all owned now by the rich or corp, and so they support the 'religion' that is MS Econ. Why? Because it justifies the rich getting richer at the expense of the other 90% to 98% of people in the advanced nations.

@Godstud @Steve_American

I don't see CNN as a propaganda network. Nor do I see the BBC as a propaganda network. They both seem by and large to practice solid, objective journalism. I mean, I will also do my own research on topics that matter to me, but I don't have the time to always do that. I won't watch news sources like Fox News for example that have a poor reputation for practicing objective journalism. Furthermore, I generally like to choose news outlets that steer away from liberal or conservative bias and instead simply practices objective journalism and will give me the facts despite any of my own biases.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Godstud @Steve_American

I don't see CNN as a propaganda network. Nor do I see the BBC as a propaganda network. They both seem by and large to practice solid, objective journalism. I mean, I will also do my own research on topics that matter to me, but I don't have the time to always do that. I won't watch news sources like Fox News for example that have a poor reputation for practicing objective journalism. Furthermore, I generally like to choose news outlets that steer away from liberal or conservative bias and instead simply practices objective journalism and will give me the facts despite any of my own biases.

PO, you don't see the economic propaganda that I see, because you believe the totally false mainstream theories of economics. It is as simple as that. See my posts in "Economics and Capitlism" from today and yesterday for examples.

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]