Trump Officially Indicted, Facing Criminal Charges - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Steve_American

I am not an economist, and I am not interested in watching CNN specifically for economic news. Rather, I watch CNN simply to get somewhat up to date on current events. I will occasionally watch the local news as well.

IMHO, it doesn't matter why you watch CNN. If there is an economics story, like how the Fed is raising interest rates, and you see it, then you are seeing propaganda. Why, you ask? Because they didn't show you the alternative theory that says that it is a terrible idea for the Fed to raise interest rates now to cause a recession, that will help the Repuds in the 2924 election. Doing tha will not help reduce inflation until there is a recession, because it doesn't have a direct effect on the current drivers of inflation, i.e. price gouging by corps.
. . . So, if CNN is at all positive about the Fed raising interest rates, then its bias is showing.

Steve_American wrote:I truely hope it doesn't come to that.

The Repud Party can avoid this by not nominating someone who already has a legal storm cloud hanging over his head.

Right now we need functional parties and functional government, because we are seeing massive flooding in Calif. and other problems that most scientitst say are being caused by climate change. We need to help those people now. We can't with the current non-functional gov. we currently have. It's just a thought.

Climate change problems in California used to be drought, now it's flooding. Years from now there will be no water again because no capacity to take advantage of a rainy period seems to have been built.

IMHO you are also missing the point, which is that merely not nominating Trump would not solve the problem anyway if they keep doing this. But of course, Trump will be the nominee because if this is all they have after 8 years of investigations, it will only help Trump that they are doing this. Frankly it seems to be a gross repeat of their mistake in 2016, which was giving Trump massive amounts of free publicity.
Wulfschilde wrote:Climate change problems in California used to be drought, now it's flooding. Years from now there will be no water again because no capacity to take advantage of a rainy period seems to have been built.

IMHO you are also missing the point, which is that merely not nominating Trump would not solve the problem anyway if they keep doing this. But of course, Trump will be the nominee because if this is all they have after 8 years of investigations, it will only help Trump that they are doing this. Frankly it seems to be a gross repeat of their mistake in 2016, which was giving Trump massive amounts of free publicity.

Can this man get more publicity? He stands in Waco and howlers against the machine. His next step must be channeling David Koresh's spirit and leading a stand-off on Tuesday at his Mar-A-Lago compound, surrounded by cultists against the federales. I wonder what his Secret Service detail will be thinking then. :D

This is beyond embarrassing, that this man is still considered a messiah. Are there no other leaders that the America First crowd can produce? Of course there isn't. You've stopped making shit long ago and the billionaire class sold you out, Trump very much included. :lol:

PBS

Trump’s outrage over outsourcing doesn’t apply to his own merchandise
Trump has done quite a bit to bring production jobs back to America. More than enough to be called a racist, which is obviously a low bar these days.

If there's one feeling I get from the smarter leftist talking heads lately, it's fear. They've spend about eight years calling for an indictment but they didn't actually want one.
Another rumor is that they will charge the leading Presidential candidate with a dubious decade-old crime, then place a gag order on him so that he can't talk about his arrest or prosecution heading into election season.

He will of course talk about it anyway if this happens, with hilarious results. The more intelligent leftists know what is wrong with all of this but they don't have the courage to stand up to the mob. You get what you ask for sometimes, they obviously never learned this.
Wulfschilde wrote:Another rumor is that they will charge the leading Presidential candidate with a dubious decade-old crime, then place a gag order on him so that he can't talk about his arrest or prosecution heading into election season.

He will of course talk about it anyway if this happens, with hilarious results. The more intelligent leftists know what is wrong with all of this but they don't have the courage to stand up to the mob. You get what you ask for sometimes, they obviously never learned this.

I'll fix that for you.

"Repuds don't have the courage to stand up to the mob. You get what you ask for sometimes, they obviously never learned this."
. . . That is, Repuds, at least after Jan. 6th, didn't stand up against the mob that the entire MAGA base had become. The Repuds had with the help of FOX"News"[or was it FOXLies] convinced the Repud base to believe a lot of BS/lies. Especially the Big Lie. Now, the Repud Party has the tiger by the tail and doesn't know how to let go without being eaten alive.

wat0n wrote:Huh, I do clearly see which law is Trump alleged to have violated. What are you talking about?

I misread something, someone was noting that there was no federal law cited. Apparently they want to apply a state business law to a federal election.

I would note that after Hillary did something similar with the "Russia dossier" she only had to pay a fine to the FEC, not face any felony counts.
Wulfschilde wrote:I misread something, someone was noting that there was no federal law cited. Apparently they want to apply a state business law to a federal election.

I would note that after Hillary did something similar with the "Russia dossier" she only had to pay a fine to the FEC, not face any felony counts.

I think this is going to be one of the key parts of the trial, given Michael Cohen went to jail because of the payment.

The law cited by the DA is §175.10:

§ 175.05 Falsifying business records in the second degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the second degree when, with intent to defraud, he:

1. Makes or causes a false entry in the business records of an enterprise; or

2. Alters, erases, obliterates, deletes, removes or destroys a true entry in the business records of an enterprise; or

3. Omits to make a true entry in the business records of an enterprise in violation of a duty to do so which he knows to be imposed upon him by law or by the nature of his position; or

4. Prevents the making of a true entry or causes the omission thereof iin the business records of an enterprise.

Falsifying business records in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.

§ 175.10 Falsifying business records in the first degree.

A person is guilty of falsifying business records in the first degree when he commits the crime of falsifying business records in the second degree, and when his intent to defraud includes an intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal the commission thereof.

Falsifying business records in the first degree is a class E felony.

What happens to someone who's aiding or concealing the commission of a crime by someone else? Am I supposed to believe this law doesn't cover that case? To me at least it seems "to aid or conceal the commission thereof" also covers crimes committed by a third party, but I may be totally wrong here.
I've been reading articles about it today and the majority opinion seems to be that it's a really weak case.

1) Statute of limitations has expired.

2) State laws usually don't punish federal crimes.

3) Already litigated by Stormy Daniels whom currently owes Trump $600,000 over it.

4) Prosecutor's office illegally leaked the indictment, or else Trump had people on the inside who illegally leaked it :lol:

5) Various other more obscure violations such as an argument for malicious prosecution.

I think it's a no-win for them. If they drag out something this weak they'll be a laughing stock, or they can add it to the pile of failed extrajudicial moves made against Trump. Their choice at this point :roll:
Puffer Fish wrote:I know someone like you may have trouble understanding this, but a question like that does not always have a plain simple 'yes' or 'no' answer.

Sometimes the truth can be somewhere in the middle.

Not when it comes to a trial, where you can't cop out.

We will find out soon enough, though.
We aren't even sure if Cohen is relevant because the DA hasn't explicitly described what the crime is yet. It literally says things like "an illegal transaction took place in June 11th" but it doesn't say what the transaction was or even who did it, unless we are to assume that Trump does his own accounting for his giant business empire.

Really the whole thing just strikes me as evil, plain and simple. When I was young, there was an outlier argument which said "you don't have a right to defend yourself, wait for the police to show up." But now that the left want to largely get rid of the police too, the argument is apparently to wait for the day of slaughter, take your "meds" if that bothers you. This isn't just not conservatism, it's not liberalism either, or communism or even anarchism. It's just a weird evil drone that seems to finally be losing its last vestiges of commonality with language.

I'm not aware of a single country that seriously […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

We don't walk away from our allies says Genocide […]

@FiveofSwords Doesn't this 'ethnogenesis' mala[…]

Britain: Deliberately imports laborers from around[…]