Hollywood Writers Afraid They Will Be Replaced by Artificial Intelligence - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

@Fasces

It seems that many companies are embracing AI. Especially when it comes to replacing more expensive Hollywood writers I imagine. The companies say we should embrace AI. I can only assume it's because it's a cost-saving tool for companies to increase their profits.
Hollywood writing has been so bad in the last few years, that they could have already been replaced by AIs.

The writing in these big movies and TV shows has been mostly terrible. Good writing can't be replaced with an AI. Bad writing can.
If you saw Rings of Power, a $billion series, you'd know this needs to be the case. It was horrifically written and most of these Hollywood "blockbusters" that are failing, suffer from the same problems.

Push diversity, identity politics, and inclusivity, at the expense of story, plot, and acting. :knife:

An AI cannot mimic empathy and other emotions that make us feel connected to characters and become invested in them.
There lately was an article in the NY Post about a sci-fi writer who wrote several books in one year using chatGPT. This is of course controversial. But I can see that this would save time. He did say he still did edits but AI did most of the writing for him. And writers can use Midjourney to generate the book art.

AI could replace writers but not totally. Someone still needs to review the work and make sure that no copyrights are violated. AI cannot recognize copyrights...yet. This is a major concern.

@FiveofSwords What is race? How to define it[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Define died first? Are missing in action for mo[…]

Left vs right, masculine vs feminine

…. the left puts on the gas pedal and the right […]

@QatzelOk DeSantis got rid of a book showing chi[…]