Coffee: Strong vs. Weak - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Coffee

Strong
50%
Weak
13%
Other
38%
By orphan
Strong: productionism by mean of agorism
Weak: privacy by virtue of freedom

Traditionally, coffee associated with colonies, e.g. Africa, and coordinated decision seen as treason promoting defeatism.

Strong is resistant to Iran preserving upper hand over Muslims while neutral about Croatia.

Weak is perhaps anti-catholic, and fits America's popular view (anti-war in the Indo-China).

Insights?
Other.

You're a lunatic. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

Why don't you just make a proper topic listed as such and not a click-baity thing?

Now. I prefer my COFFEE strong if it's espresso. Otherwise, I like it medium. I actually prefer mocha frappes.

I am talking about coffee and no euphemism for something else. I just wanted that to be clear. :D
As for my preferences with coffee, I've already said it before, I pretty much just like an espresso. Otherwise I'll make one of those instant coffees at home with almond or coconut milk.
By late
We use a French Press. It's a great choice if you like a medium roast, and can't afford the best.

If you use an espresso machine, try brewing medium roasts. At the very least, try Northern Italian brown espresso...

If you like coffee, here is a website you might like:

https://www.youtube.com/@jameshoffmann

Light roasts don't get the attention they deserve, because they are expensive, and demand good brew technique. Actually, each light roast will demand it's own method, because it is depressingly easy to overwhelm the delicate flavors like fruity.
late wrote:We use a French Press. It's a great choice if you like a medium roast, and can't afford the best.

If you use an espresso machine, try brewing medium roasts. At the very least, try Northern Italian brown espresso...

If you like coffee, here is a website you might like:

https://www.youtube.com/@jameshoffmann

Light roasts don't get the attention they deserve, because they are expensive, and demand good brew technique. Actually, each light roast will demand it's own method, because it is depressingly easy to overwhelm the delicate flavors like fruity.

I have a Nespresso machine. I never used to brew my coffee one cup at a time with a capsule. But a friend suggested I try it and I liked the frothy milk part of it. So I tried it. I liked it a lot. So now I have a one-cup-at-a-time machine. I stick my little capsule in and brew my coffee in the morning.

For me the best coffee is Puerto Rican. People rarely think of Puerto Rican coffee because it is very hard to find in the USA. You can get it online. Alto Grande grows it. Let me see if I can get some native Puerto Rican coffee growers for you?

Lares, Jayuya, and Utuado, Orocovis among other mountain towns in Puerto Rico grow really great coffee, if you can find it. It usually is presold for a very steep price though. Just like Jamaican Blue Mountain and Kona from Hawaii. It is the best of the best.

Puerto Rican based coffee growers were nearly extinct. But, Puerto Rican natively grown coffee like this brand called 787 in NYC is the best kind of coffee!

You should buy it @late here is the link:

https://www.787coffee.com/shop

By late
Tainari88 wrote:
I have a Nespresso machine. I never used to brew my coffee one cup at a time with a capsule. But a friend suggested I try it and I liked the frothy milk part of it. So I tried it. I liked it a lot. So now I have a one-cup-at-a-time machine. I stick my little capsule in and brew my coffee in the morning.

For me the best coffee is Puerto Rican. People rarely think of Puerto Rican coffee because it is very hard to find in the USA. You can get it online. Alto Grande grows it. Let me see if I can get some native Puerto Rican coffee growers for you?

Lares, Jayuya, and Utuado, Orocovis among other mountain towns in Puerto Rico grow really great coffee, if you can find it. It usually is presold for a very steep price though. Just like Jamaican Blue Mountain and Kona from Hawaii. It is the best of the best.

Puerto Rican based coffee growers were nearly extinct. But, Puerto Rican natively grown coffee like this brand called 787 in NYC is the best kind of coffee!

You should buy it @late here is the link:

https://www.787coffee.com/shop

Cool, we go to NYC every couple of years to see my nephew, I'll try it then.

Now that I've retired, I don't buy much fancy coffee, but this business sounds good:

https://www.almokha.com/
By Skynet
Coffee is stone age. I drink energy drinks :rainbow:

The strongest I can get are "Monster Ultra" and "Tiger Power."

Monster Ultra contains Panax Ginseng, and "Tiger Power" has zinc.

Vegeterians should drink energy drinks because they have a lot of Vitamine B12

BTW Coffee was a military drug of the Ottomans, they lost some bags at siege of Vienna.
Other.

I like medium roasts. I especially love the smell of coffee beans. There's this cute coffee shop near the public library. When you leave the shop, the aroma clings to all your clothing and hair. Shower time!

I also love some teas. I like a good chai or green tea.
By late
Sandzak wrote:

Vegetarians should drink energy drinks because they have a lot of Vitamin B12

BTW Coffee was a military drug of the Ottomans, they lost some bags at siege of Vienna.

No one should drink energy drinks, some of them are quite bad for you.

There are catacombs underneath Vienna, rooms neatly stacked with one kind of bone. A room of skulls, a room of thigh bones, etc. The siege was a grim time.
By Skynet
late wrote:No one should drink energy drinks, some of them are quite bad for you.

Energy drinks contain nearly the hole vitamine B complex except biotine, caffeine is also in coffee, and Monster Ultra (my favourite) has no sugar.
By late
Sandzak wrote:
Energy drinks contain nearly the hole vitamin B complex except biotin, caffeine is also in coffee, and Monster Ultra (my favourite) has no sugar.

It has 4 stimulants, coffee has one... that much can mess you up, esp. if you keep using it.
late wrote:It has 4 stimulants, coffee has one... that much can mess you up, esp. if you keep using it.

Indeed it can….

MistyTiger wrote:Darn. It's blocked in the US.

Then install a VPN. :)
Energy drinks are terrible for you and they lie about what's in them! Criminy sakes! Have a coffee or tea! A little B vitamin doesn't counteract all the negatives.

Consuming too much of the drinks can result in high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, anxiety, and insomnia, and the drinks are particularly dangerous for adolescents, said Frank Hu, Fredrick J.
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hsph- ... edrick%20J.
By Skynet
@Godstud same counts for coffee

Coffee and Health
Coffee is an intricate mixture of more than a thousand chemicals. [1] The cup of coffee you order from a coffee shop is likely different from the coffee you brew at home. What defines a cup is the type of coffee bean used, how it is roasted, the amount of grind, and how it is brewed. Human response to coffee or caffeine can also vary substantially across individuals. Low to moderate doses of caffeine (50–300 mg) may cause increased alertness, energy, and ability to concentrate, while higher doses may have negative effects such as anxiety, restlessness, insomnia, and increased heart rate. [2] Still, the cumulative research on coffee points in the direction of a health benefit. [3,4] Does the benefit stem from the caffeine or plant compounds in the coffee bean? Is there a certain amount of coffee needed a day to produce a health benefit?

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritions ... art%20rate.
They add a ton of sugar to power drinks. They don't to coffee.
World War II Day by Day

March 29, Friday Mackenzie King wins Canadian el[…]

Hmmm, it the Ukraine aid package is all over main[…]

The rapes by Hamas, real or imagained are irreleva[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia coul[…]