Moscow stalinsits did it again : Dnieper dam blown up by Moscow in 1941 I Moscow dam blown up Kakh - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

the main reason why putin did it, cos he knows that he can get away with it, much like the stalinists got away with all unspeakable crimes against humanity. Once this war is over we must force Moscow war- criminals to pay for the war -crimes which thaey have commented in U. Georgia , Belarus, Moldova, Chechenya etc.

Moscow stalinsits did it again : Dnieper dam blown up by Moscow in 1941 I Moscow dam blown up Kakhovka Dam

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/ ... sians-1941

https://www.dw.com/en/live-updates-ukra ... a-65833125
litwin wrote:can SOMEBODY explain to me this : The flood is expected to subside and drain into the Black Sea within 10-11 days. So what military benefit does blowing the dam provide other than to delay a possible Ukraine assault for 2 weeks? I don't get DOG-PIGS 's logic...

Destroying the dam makes no military sense for either side. It was either an accident, due to damage and neglect from the war, or somebody on one side or the other has been incredibly stupid.
litwin wrote:can SOMEBODY explain to me this : The flood is expected to subside and drain into the Black Sea within 10-11 days. So what military benefit does blowing the dam provide other than to delay a possible Ukraine assault for 2 weeks? I don't get DOG-PIGS 's logic...

The dam serves as a bridge. Russia destroyed the other bridges over the Dnipro river. Can you destroy the bridge without destroying the dam? Mabye not.

On top of that, Russia is constantly attacking Ukrainian infrastructure. Why stop at the dam?
Potemkin wrote:Destroying the dam makes no military sense for either side. It was either an accident, due to damage and neglect from the war, or somebody on one side or the other has been incredibly stupid.
It seems to be a deliberate attack/sabotage, not damage from neglect or an accident. Attacking or sabotaging dams can have a military purpose, mostly prohibited but with some exceptions. Neither party claims responsibility. It could be either Russia (denying access/passage to Ukrainian military, collective punishment against civilians in Russian-occupied territories, false attribution, etc) or Ukraine (cutting Crimea off from water supplies, collective punishment against civilians in Russian-occupied territories, false attribution, etc). Given Russia's systematic violations of international law, neglect for life, and rampant destruction of Ukrainian infrastructure, it seems the more obvious culprit. But I wouldn't brush off a less likely possibility that it could also be Ukraine. More facts are needed to reach anything conclusive about this.
Potemkin wrote:Destroying the dam makes no military sense for either side. It was either an accident, due to damage and neglect from the war, or somebody on one side or the other has been incredibly stupid.

I call it TYPICAL Moscow MESS

is a New October coup on the way ? GRU Prigozhin blames Moscow Ministry of War for not protecting Belgorod. “I give the Ministry of Defense two weeks to defend Belgorod .

Utkin looks like a new Lenin to me, do you agree?

EU is not prepared on nuclear war, but Russia,[…]

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]