US Presidential election 2024 thread. - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15304976
Blaming capitalism for failures of socialism and communism is a common practice among leftists. It is more comical that they don't take any lessons from failures of 80-90 years of socialism and communism.

They think that South American countries failed because there wasn't enough socialism and communism. :lol:
#15304978
@Istanbuller

I think South American countries failed because the USA went out of their way to fuck them up.


:)
#15304981
Drlee wrote:It is FAR to easy to blame the US for the mess in Central and South America. It seems people want us to keep our hands off of these countries and leave intervention to China and Russia. For I will tell you without fear of contradiction that they will not keep their hands off.

So while we are keeping our hands off of these countries should we stop law enforcement, military and human aid to the countries as well? Perhaps the corrupting US money should be stopped. We can do that you know. We can stop remittances to these countries instantly. Mexican families can do without the $60 billion of our money that is sent to them by mostly undocumented people in the US. Guatemala can easily forgo the 20% of their GDP that is coming from mostly undocumented people in the US. And even if we let these people stay in the US there is absolutely no good reason to allow them to export our wealth at the same time. They want to live here, they can spend here. Mexico can easily do without the 245 million in humanitarian aid we send them directly from our taxpayers as can Guatemala which gets about the same amount.

We can seal off our border and prevent undocumented people from working in the US. Easy enough to do. Then Mexico and Central American can easily deal with the flood of people returning home.

For I will tell you that the US people are getting pretty tired of this amnesty nonsense. If these countries can't control crime, tell me again why we should be left holding the bag? Some fruit company conspiracy? I think not. It will not fly with me and it is not flying with the American people.

There is a middling chance that the inability of these banana republics to control crime may lead to a Trump presidency. And I can assure you that the people of Central and South America will not find that pretty.


@Drlee the reality is low labor costs is what motivates the problem with immigration in the USA. But that might be a moot point in the future because of AI and so on.

It might be that the low skilled jobs are going to drying up. At the same time Drlee, you severely underestimate how ambitious that Pacific Rim is China, Japan, South Korea, and Malaysia, Singapore, etc are in moving on. The EU is not going to be dependent solely on the USA for sustenance. In an interdependent world, everyone is going to suffer unless there is a real movement for cooperation on a fair basis.

You create a lot of misery in Latin America? You will get the backlash. Guaranteed. What is the backlash? Uncontrolled borders. If 50 million show up overnight there from China, India, Latin America and Africa and the Middle East and RUN into the empty quarters what is the US government going to do?

Shoot them all? Kill mass amounts of people? Separate families and throw them in cages and in prisons? Spend money on 50 million airline tickets? Deport 30 million Latin American undocumented types and millions of Chinese as well. They can't. It is over. Sit your ass down and negotiate and accept that the future is NON WHITE. It will also be non-Republican because those good old days of white men ruling the USA are OVER. Demographically speaking most kids in kindergartens all over the USA are not white kids. They are the future workforce. They speak other languages, they need an education and they are going to be working and paying taxes.

So no matter how much shit is talked about? The demographic war is LOST. LOST.

Now, the issue is going to be how many of those young Latinos, African immigrants, Middle Eastern Arabic immigrants in Michigan and Dearborn, etc, and all the rest from India, China, Mexico, and Cuba are you going to recruit to be singing the praises of a party full of fucking hardcore MAGA racists? What is the strategy?

Are you going to shoot them? Concentration camps? Mass deportation?

That requires basically a civil war. How is the PRC going to see that? Are they going to clap their hands nd say goody goody, the US is over with. Go and make a deal happen with the Mexicans for a massive bullet train system in Mexico and send them tons of engineers for more oil refineries. Go and give them the 245 Billion they require and lost from the American racist government. Replace the money.

What should be happening across the board is HUMANE governance and non trying to keep superiority. Fuck the status loss Drlee. Concentrate on mutual cooperation.

Trump if elected will be a disaster. But if that is what the fearful types want to happen for the USA? Then so be it. Deal with the disaster that will be for the US in an international order that is changing anyway. With or without the USA in the lead.
#15304982
Drlee wrote:It is FAR to easy to blame the US for the mess in Central and South America. It seems people want us to keep our hands off of these countries and leave intervention to China and Russia. For I will tell you without fear of contradiction that they will not keep their hands off.

So while we are keeping our hands off of these countries should we stop law enforcement, military and human aid to the countries as well? Perhaps the corrupting US money should be stopped. We can do that you know. We can stop remittances to these countries instantly. Mexican families can do without the $60 billion of our money that is sent to them by mostly undocumented people in the US. Guatemala can easily forgo the 20% of their GDP that is coming from mostly undocumented people in the US. And even if we let these people stay in the US there is absolutely no good reason to allow them to export our wealth at the same time. They want to live here, they can spend here. Mexico can easily do without the 245 million in humanitarian aid we send them directly from our taxpayers as can Guatemala which gets about the same amount.

We can seal off our border and prevent undocumented people from working in the US. Easy enough to do. Then Mexico and Central American can easily deal with the flood of people returning home.

For I will tell you that the US people are getting pretty tired of this amnesty nonsense. If these countries can't control crime, tell me again why we should be left holding the bag? Some fruit company conspiracy? I think not. It will not fly with me and it is not flying with the American people.

There is a middling chance that the inability of these banana republics to control crime may lead to a Trump presidency. And I can assure you that the people of Central and South America will not find that pretty.


Look at this...

https://youtube.com/shorts/h_TqO9EqMhY? ... EGeziRww3a

Vote for Trump. Civil War. And then you will see if there is a Civil war in the US?

The rest of the world is not going to be paused waiting for that narcissist freak to make decent decisions. The world is 95% of humanity. They are not living in stasis waiting for Yankee leadership to be at the helm. They will do what needs to happen to solve their own issues. Whether it is Greece, the UK, France, Italy, Russia, China, India and so on....no one sits on their ass paralyzed because the Yanks are not in charge anymore. All the ones who refused to face realities to their bad politics got to MOVE ON....

That is called LIFE.
#15304986
Rancid wrote:The study found that an insurrectionist was most likely to live in a county that used to be majority white, and now has seen a huge shift toward it being non-white. The more rural and more red the county, the less likely they were an insurrectionist.

It's basically white people that see the world changing around them, and they become scared of what's happening. God forbid some non-white people find success. The success they always told us we were supposed to lift ourselves up the the boot strap for. Looks like they want to change the rules.


That is what happened in Oklahoma in the 1920s Rancid. The African Americans became successful using the formula for success that they saw White Americans follow. Their houses, businesses and and so on prospered and became a threat to power. What did the Whites do? Burned it all down to the ground and massacre hundreds of peaceful residents of the town. Buried the crime and refused to deal with the illegal acts they committed.

They basically would rather kill the Blacks than acknowledge they can be a successful group using the same paradigm the Whites taught them to use.

It is loss of status. The Whites controlled the state and the law. So they never paid for their crimes. They are trying to get a hold of the SCOTUS and the Congress and the Senate and then if they lose the elections, take it back by force. And the next step of these scared chicken shit people is to kill the competition. And like your video illustrated, who are they? CEOs, well off people who lived in whiter areas and saw a change in demographics they do not like.

It is about loss of status. You are dealing with racist fearmongering people. And people who want to think they are losing control of their society because what makes them superior in their own minds is being threatened. Hell, if that Dominican guy who looks kind of black with an afro can make more than me and my son? And he is not really an American or his kids either because they are threatening my hegemony? They need to be burned to the ground.

It is this incident all over again:





I happen to think this is the last of the hardcore racists in the USA Rancid? If the USA can get past the racists and their demands for supremacy via these dumb backing of Trump and his ilk? I think the USA will become a much better nation.

It is the last hooray for the racism problems. They are on the ropes and on the run. Just got to kick them in ass one last time politically and the problems are OVER. For good. But if they seize power and get crazy? Do another coup attempt? And are successful? All hell is going to break loose.

You can still go to another country Rancid. Lol. Just hope Austin does not get crazy. Lol. :lol:
#15304998
Tainari88 wrote:Hell, if that Dominican guy who looks kind of black with an afro can make more than me and my son? And he is not really an American or his kids either because they are threatening my hegemony? They need to be burned to the ground.


Yea, if MAGA takes over, it's not out of the question that my house could get burned down.
#15305007
JohnRawls wrote:
This anger against immigrants and Republicans/Trump insurectionist is a complicated topic. This is not just in the context of America also, this applies to Europe to large degree in the same way just with different political ideas that are both similar and not at the same time(Brexit, Weird alt-right or alt-left spinoffs etc)

The people that are complaining are usually people that were not able to benefit from the system basically. As you said, they don't like that xxx people are finding success in our system that was arguably always the point from the begining. The problem is that they think that if those people didn't exist then they would have success or better job or better whatever. Reality is a bit more crueler though:

1) One way you could view this is that the people complaining didn't actually do enough to achieve success. Be it go to university or start their own business or put extraordinary amount of time to specialise in to something etc etc etc. Arguably this is "You are a looser" argument that they can't accept.

2) The system didn't provide enough opportunities or soscial mobility for them. Basically this spins the argument the other way around that it is not that the individual didn't put enough effort in to work, education, habits and so on and instead it is the system to blame. But I usually argue that we already have the best system possible opportunity and structure social mobility wise.

Basically there is no answer here or no factual answer. It will always be very subjective even if we have a superior system compared to the rest of the world. We can regress obviously as a society by prioritising one group but that will hardly solve anything in my book. This doesn't apply just to black vs white but also to employer vs employee or parent vs child wise.

Counterfactually, I would also add if all XXX bad people were removed then would the people complaining find success? I mean having not benefited from the system means that your skills were not sufficient at least in the modern times so if people are removed that you don't like then you will not necessarily will have the skills if they are gone. At best this lowers the skill criteria of sorts but then everything else suffers which is also not good.


1) is what they've told to everyone for decades. Now they can't accept it themselves it looks like.
2) Maybe defending billionaires isn't such a good idea.
#15305010
late wrote:Yes, absolutely, but it's non-Whites gaining status that really cheeses them off.

This is not a new thing. It's why the Black Wall St was burned. It's why a Black man with a Purple Heart was hung after WW1.



What I don't get , regarding what you , @Rancid , and @Tainari88 have mentioned , are the Trump supporters who have family that eithet are people of color , or are romantically involved with someone who is . Take my sister for instance . She , like the rest of my household , except for me of course , is a dyed in the wool Republican Trump supporter . Yet she has of late been going out with a Black African foreign resident in the United States, who is from the same sort of religious sect as they are all involved with . The only thing that I can gather , from what I have overheard her saying to him , when he visited us , was that she regards him as being "one of the good ones" , unlike the others whom supposedly are lazy and just want the government to give them transfer payments . https://www.yourtango.com/self/problem-being-one-good-ones

This I imagine could be the real great replacement . A select number of coolies will be imported from such places as African nations , whose immigrants are products of evangelical missions , and therefore have a colonial mentality . This would then form the basis for what might in time become a servile underclass , in subjection to their ruling class elite masters , whom would either be white , or if the United States were to become more widely admixed , in like manner to a number of Latin American nations , " high yellow" . Meanwhile , free minded , forward thinking , secular leftists , such as myself , may be forced to go into exile , to escape from persecution at the hands of the despotic , theocratic , Christian Republic , which the United States would have become . I don't like thinking the worse about things , and all things being equal , I am not opposed to interracial marriage . But admittedly , I just fear that I as an apostate from Christianity , more specifically the Holiness movement , I could possibly become estranged from my own homeland of birth , and even perhaps my own family , whom might wind up feeling more kinship with their like minded counterparts from other lands and peoples than with that of myself , their own flesh and blood whom stands opposed to their religio-political ideology , as a matter of heartfelt principle . It has been my impression that where the rubber meets the road , Christian religious nationalism may take precedence over white ethnic nationalism . I just wanted to get that off my chest . I do wholeheartedly hope that I will be shown to be wrong about the way that events might unfold , lest worse case scenario , even though we are just as much Americans , natural born , and naturalized citizens alike , I might get deported along with the family of @MistyTiger . Them for being supposedly part of the "yellow peril" , and I the red scare .
#15305011
Rancid wrote:Yea, if MAGA takes over, it's not out of the question that my house could get burned down.


It is fear of change. It really is.

Fear of loss of status. These people have good jobs, a lot of security, married with kids, lots of stability and so on. But, they fear change of status or position. The whiteness is not enough. The ones who are not white are a threat to privileges. Got to burn the society to the ground for that. That is what I meant by fascism and what that means. They would rather destroy their own society Rancid and burn it to the ground than share power with people they fear because it means that they are no longer the group in charge.

Hitler near the end sent out children to fight. 11 and 12 year olds to fight off adult Allied soldiers. How the hell can you sacrifice your children trying to defend a lost war?

They are like that. They do not have poverty as an excuse. It is fear of the people they never really understood. That is the problem.

Again back to the post I did on who the MAGA people are....selfish people who live in fear. That is who they are Rancid.
#15305012
Istanbuller wrote:Blaming capitalism for failures of socialism and communism is a common practice among leftists. It is more comical that they don't take any lessons from failures of 80-90 years of socialism and communism.

They think that South American countries failed because there wasn't enough socialism and communism. :lol:


No Instanbuller, the problem is that the capitalists have to use force to topple governments that they fear all the time. Why spend money on toppling governments that have failed fucked up systems and philosophies? No need to topple failures. Leave them alone. Let them fail. They can't leave them alone. Why? They need something from us. Oil, cheap labor, land, goods, water, trade, and the beat goes on. They need something but they do not want to treat us with humanity. Violence is the solution and toppling. Why?

Ask the Middle East. You once did say British Imperialism knows no bounds eh? Why do they know no bounds? Greed I guess. What is greed? I guess greed has nothing to do with capitalism at all does it?

:lol: :lol:

Wasn't greed a mortal sin in the Bible?

One of the Seven Deadly Sins?



Greed is good.

Liberation through Satanic Greed and Worship of Greed. Greed is Right. Greed in all of its forms is the upward search of makind.

Greed is gonna save the USA.

LOL.

It is going to piss off a lot of people Instabuller. Especially when they can't make a living and make a dash for the border. For where GREED IS THE ANSWER.
#15305013
@Tainari88 It is over. Sit your ass down and negotiate and accept that the future is NON WHITE. It will also be non-Republican because those good old days of white men ruling the USA are OVER.


I see. It is all about racism. We are all racist. I am a racist because I do not think that we ought to allow open borders. Never mind that, as you say, the future of labor is more than unsure. I am a racist because I do not like hundreds of billions of dollars to be sent to other countries by people who should be spending it here.

Sorry. I am just not buying it. But yours is a typical tactic of the left. Everyone who disagrees with them is a racist.

Just tired of it.


Oh. And do you have a single shred of evidence that white men are through ruling the US? I ask because for the time being we are most certainly ruling the US. And most of the world outside the US by the way. Be very careful who you pick fights with.

Of course the left has to cast this as an us against them battle. Really smart to say to white men who are, at least for the moment, holding all the cards and very frightened, (We all ought to be.) "we brown people are going to take you down". Who exactly is being the racist here? Very smart. :roll:

I tell you I could see myself voting for Trump on this one issue alone. And I am not alone on this. I know educated, progressive/moderate people like myself who are genuinely conflicted about this issue. As I said in my post. You may think that the draconian solutions you outline cannot happen. Think again. Get a book on Germany during the 30-40's and then tell me what cannot happen. There are forces in the USA that are very dangerous. Nice people like me and my friends may not be able to hold them at bay. Be very careful about wishing for a race war. And that is exactly what you are doing.
#15305016
Drlee wrote:I see. It is all about racism. We are all racist. I am a racist because I do not think that we ought to allow open borders. Never mind that, as you say, the future of labor is more than unsure. I am a racist because I do not like hundreds of billions of dollars to be sent to other countries by people who should be spending it here.

Sorry. I am just not buying it. But yours is a typical tactic of the left. Everyone who disagrees with them is a racist.

Just tired of it.


Oh. And do you have a single shred of evidence that white men are through ruling the US? I ask because for the time being we are most certainly ruling the US. And most of the world outside the US by the way. Be very careful who you pick fights with.

Of course the left has to cast this as an us against them battle. Really smart to say to white men who are, at least for the moment, holding all the cards and very frightened, (We all ought to be.) "we brown people are going to take you down". Who exactly is being the racist here? Very smart. :roll:

I tell you I could see myself voting for Trump on this one issue alone. And I am not alone on this. I know educated, progressive/moderate people like myself who are genuinely conflicted about this issue. As I said in my post. You may think that the draconian solutions you outline cannot happen. Think again. Get a book on Germany during the 30-40's and then tell me what cannot happen. There are forces in the USA that are very dangerous. Nice people like me and my friends may not be able to hold them at bay. Be very careful about wishing for a race war. And that is exactly what you are doing.


WTF are you talking about Drlee?

Race war?

I come from a culture that most of us are ALL MIXED RACE people. Most of the Spanish speaking Caribbean islands are mixed race folk. Africans, Spanish and Indians all mixed for centuries. Centuries of the strange idea that all of us are ONE RACE. The human race.

The issue is not the white people who do not want the Black ones. The real issue is what the MAGA crowd are thinking. The video Rancid posted is powerful. The dude who analyzed the problem hit the nail on the head. They will not replace us.

Who is paranoid about replacement shit? They are.

Was I shitting in my pants in fear because I lived in the USA run by a bunch of racist people who shot out my mother's car windows (the KKK) because the damn darkies and wetbacks were taking over Oklahoma?

No. You got to confront those people and you have to change policies and politics. Not only in the USA but all over the world. Politics based on GREED and wanting to control every resource, every government and every group of people on Earth.

Borders are about territorial control. But if you do not have cooperative international policies that are not about exploitation but about FAIR trade, fair humane laws and respect and a lack of militarizing the damn world with threats of nukes being thrown if you do not obey the powers that be? You are rushing to a world full of desperate poor people looking for bread and a job.

That is who those people are.

Do you want to ignore their needs forever? Or grow up and start believing the Lefties when we say inequality is a serious problem. Lack of food is a serious problem. Environmental degradation is a serious problem. Dividing people into the haves and the have nots is a serious problem. Lack of human rights is a problem.

No one owns this world we live in Drlee. It is borrowed for a short time for our ability to live off of it. If we mistreat it because the system we use all over the world that is the most common (capitalism) refuses to set limits on itself. It is constant greed and expansion without any sense of limits.

It is internationalist in scope. Some economies are set up to be exploited (Latin America) and others are set to be the receivers of the exploitation via cheap Latino labor. That is why E-Verify never got any traction. GREED by the powers that be.

Be a realist Drlee. Every bad policy has a time of reckoning. MAGA shit is the time of reckoning.

You are tired of the racism? It is not half as tiring the racism for you as it has been for ME. Not at all.

Go try and raise a Black son from foster care in a society that puts a huge percentage of those kids in jail, and they drop out and never make it past their fifties.

Take responsibility for what is wrong in US society and do something about injustice. Human Rights for ALL PEOPLE is the answer. It always has been.
#15305029
wat0n wrote:
There's a sector in the left saying Trump wouldn't be worse than Biden and even that they'd rather try their luck with him.



What guys like that usually feel is that they will take their ball, and go home. Few are dumb enough to think Trump wouldn't be worse, and most of them are kids.

If Trump can't run, the MAGA crowd will do the same thing.
#15305030
Drlee wrote:
I see. It is all about racism. We are all racist. I am a racist because I do not think that we ought to allow open borders. Never mind that, as you say, the future of labor is more than unsure. I am a racist because I do not like hundreds of billions of dollars to be sent to other countries by people who should be spending it here.

Sorry. I am just not buying it. But yours is a typical tactic of the left. Everyone who disagrees with them is a racist.

Just tired of it.


Oh. And do you have a single shred of evidence that white men are through ruling the US? I ask because for the time being we are most certainly ruling the US. And most of the world outside the US by the way. Be very careful who you pick fights with.

Of course the left has to cast this as an us against them battle. Really smart to say to white men who are, at least for the moment, holding all the cards and very frightened, (We all ought to be.) "we brown people are going to take you down". Who exactly is being the racist here? Very smart. :roll:

I tell you I could see myself voting for Trump on this one issue alone. And I am not alone on this. I know educated, progressive/moderate people like myself who are genuinely conflicted about this issue. As I said in my post. You may think that the draconian solutions you outline cannot happen. Think again. Get a book on Germany during the 30-40's and then tell me what cannot happen. There are forces in the USA that are very dangerous. Nice people like me and my friends may not be able to hold them at bay. Be very careful about wishing for a race war. And that is exactly what you are doing.



We are in a historic resurgence of racism, and Republican politicians are up to their neck in it.

Been a problem for a long time.. first place Reagan went after he became candidate was a dog whistle to racists. Trump worked his way into Right wing politics with the Birther issue, remember that? Obama is a stump turtle???

Time to clean house.
#15305032
Deutschmania wrote:
What I don't get , regarding what you , @Rancid , and @Tainari88 have mentioned , are the Trump supporters who have family that eithet are people of color , or are romantically involved with someone who is . Take my sister for instance . She , like the rest of my household , except for me of course , is a dyed in the wool Republican Trump supporter . Yet she has of late been going out with a Black African foreign resident in the United States, who is from the same sort of religious sect as they are all involved with . The only thing that I can gather , from what I have overheard her saying to him , when he visited us , was that she regards him as being "one of the good ones" , unlike the others whom supposedly are lazy and just want the government to give them transfer payments . https://www.yourtango.com/self/problem-being-one-good-ones

This I imagine could be the real great replacement . A select number of coolies will be imported from such places as African nations , whose immigrants are products of evangelical missions , and therefore have a colonial mentality . This would then form the basis for what might in time become a servile underclass , in subjection to their ruling class elite masters , whom would either be white , or if the United States were to become more widely admixed , in like manner to a number of Latin American nations , " high yellow" . Meanwhile , free minded , forward thinking , secular leftists , such as myself , may be forced to go into exile , to escape from persecution at the hands of the despotic , theocratic , Christian Republic , which the United States would have become . I don't like thinking the worse about things , and all things being equal , I am not opposed to interracial marriage . But admittedly , I just fear that I as an apostate from Christianity , more specifically the Holiness movement , I could possibly become estranged from my own homeland of birth , and even perhaps my own family , whom might wind up feeling more kinship with their like minded counterparts from other lands and peoples than with that of myself , their own flesh and blood whom stands opposed to their religio-political ideology , as a matter of heartfelt principle . It has been my impression that where the rubber meets the road , Christian religious nationalism may take precedence over white ethnic nationalism . I just wanted to get that off my chest . I do wholeheartedly hope that I will be shown to be wrong about the way that events might unfold , lest worse case scenario , even though we are just as much Americans , natural born , and naturalized citizens alike , I might get deported along with the family of @MistyTiger . Them for being supposedly part of the "yellow peril" , and I the red scare .



One swallow does not a summer make..

Republican politicians cater to racists, and they've been doing it for most of my life.
#15305053
late wrote:What guys like that usually feel is that they will take their ball, and go home. Few are dumb enough to think Trump wouldn't be worse, and most of them are kids.

If Trump can't run, the MAGA crowd will do the same thing.


I can actually see the logic if you believe in accelerationism
#15305055
Rancid wrote:Yea, if MAGA takes over, it's not out of the question that my house could get burned down.


Your house is not going to get burned down but your economy will be in the shitter. Prolonged presence of Trump like candidate in power is basically what Rei wanted and what Rei wanted long term turns you in to Argentina or Russia basically. Take your pick.
#15305056
Drlee wrote:I see. It is all about racism. We are all racist. I am a racist because I do not think that we ought to allow open borders. Never mind that, as you say, the future of labor is more than unsure. I am a racist because I do not like hundreds of billions of dollars to be sent to other countries by people who should be spending it here.

Sorry. I am just not buying it. But yours is a typical tactic of the left. Everyone who disagrees with them is a racist.

Just tired of it.


Oh. And do you have a single shred of evidence that white men are through ruling the US? I ask because for the time being we are most certainly ruling the US. And most of the world outside the US by the way. Be very careful who you pick fights with.

Of course the left has to cast this as an us against them battle. Really smart to say to white men who are, at least for the moment, holding all the cards and very frightened, (We all ought to be.) "we brown people are going to take you down". Who exactly is being the racist here? Very smart. :roll:

I tell you I could see myself voting for Trump on this one issue alone. And I am not alone on this. I know educated, progressive/moderate people like myself who are genuinely conflicted about this issue. As I said in my post. You may think that the draconian solutions you outline cannot happen. Think again. Get a book on Germany during the 30-40's and then tell me what cannot happen. There are forces in the USA that are very dangerous. Nice people like me and my friends may not be able to hold them at bay. Be very careful about wishing for a race war. And that is exactly what you are doing.



This is complicated and what happening in US in this regard is a bit insane. The reality in the rest of the world is a bit different. Europe is much more milder with this whole race war thing and overthrowing the white folk or whatever you guys call it. Like 99% of Europe sees this as some kind of American weirdness, very similar to the MeeToo movement of some kind of American puritanism.... You guys like to self flagilate yourself too much on such topics.

In general, immigration is obviously a problem, since people tend to move from shithole places to places with rule of law. US is not unique in this way but self flagilation on the topic is a very unique US thing apparently.
#15305059
JohnRawls wrote:Your house is not going to get burned down but your economy will be in the shitter. Prolonged presence of Trump like candidate in power is basically what Rei wanted and what Rei wanted long term turns you in to Argentina or Russia basically. Take your pick.


You do not know if his house might get burned down or not. Texas is weird. But Austin is a blue city. Hee hee. A bunch of eccentric University of Texas at Austin international techies. Hee hee.

The USA has powerful people in the background manipulating both parties in their favor @JohnRawls.

The issue with the Venezuelans, Hondurans, Guatemalans, Colombians, etc people running for the border is very interesting.

Did you know that Mexico and the Mexican government just reported on the news here in Mexico that over 3 million immigrants who are not Mexican nationals have applied for asylum and want to remain in Mexico. They are going to accept work visas and help and remain in Mexico. There are a lot of Haitians in Tijuana now because they never got permission to cross into the USA. Mexico offers a better deal for them than remaining in Port-au-Prince and dealing with that chaotic anarchistic gang infested mess. The US government intervened a lot in Haiti too replacing Leftist presidents with people like Papa Doc Duvalier. You should read up on Haitian politics. It is bad.

Anyway, the Mexicans took on 3 million in one shot. What is the US going to do with a lot more MONEY than Mexico and so many of them running through holes in fences and catch and release policies and orders of deportation but not enough money to go and track people down, cuff them and then send them packing on a bus, a plane or an automobile? It is expensive.

The USA's neighbors are Mexico and Canada. Canada is a relatively wealthy nation and they are giving out a lot of work visas to Mexican young people with a great education. Also adults who have skills they have a deficit for. So a lot of Yucatecans are moving to Toronto, Ottawa, Ontario, Montreal, etc. For the idea of the Canadian migration for making higher wages.

If you want to stabilize Latin America that shit for salary has to go up John. It does.

The minimum wage for the Yucatan is:

Por tanto, el salario en México 2024 será de $374.89 por jornada diaria de trabajo en el área geográfica de la Zona Libre de la Frontera Norte (ZLFN) y para el resto del país, el salario mínimo general será de $248.93 por jornada diaria de trabajo.Jan 1, 2024


Translated for you:
Therefore, the salary in Mexico 2024 will be $374.89 per daily work day in the geographic area of the Northern Border Free Zone (ZLFN) and for the rest of the country, the general minimum wage will be $248.93 per daily work day. .Jan 1, 2024


The US Dollar to Mexican Exchange Rate is

https://www.google.com/search?q=Cambio+ ... s-wiz-serp

So near the border you are making about $20 US dollars for an entire work day. 8 hours. $20 divided by 8=2.5 Yes folks, $2.50 cents an hour.

In the Yucatan you will be making $1.75 cents an hour. Less than the border states. Border states are more expensive to live in. But in general you won't be making rent, water, electricity, groceries, transportation and costs for a lot of basics with that kind of salary. The average rent in the Yucatan is about $6000 Mexican pesos a month. Which is about 3 and a half weeks of your salary. You won't make it on that salary. You have to have two jobs and both people more than the minimum wage or you are in trouble financially in Mexico.

That is the problem.

The US has a high cost of living. Their own working class is having trouble keeping up with the bills as well. It means the system is not dealing with flat wage problems. Across many nations.

It is problematic.
  • 1
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 33
World War II Day by Day

A popular song from early war. https://www.youtub[…]

Islam is indeed a “real religion”, but does its d[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Tainari, make a separate thread for that boring c[…]

There are intelligent and stupid ways to retain p[…]