Where do you guys score on the Moral Foundations Test? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.
#15312404
Skynet wrote:There were always migrations, the scientists can differentiate between R1b Teutonic or Slavic.

Image


Can you provide some newer data about genetics and heritage?


Lol well it should just be sufficient to say haplogroup only comes from a single chromosome. Race involves more than one chromosome. So they just will not map onto eachother well. But it is good to follow migrations because it doesn't change as much as other genes.
#15312417
Skynet wrote:@FiveofSwords

What is race? How to define it?

The different haplotypes prove any Nation is mixed even the nordic.


Sacrilege! Blasphemy!

Skynet don't you feel altruistic just by having white skin and looking white with every white looking person on planet Earth?

Sing that Michael Jackson Paul McCartney song....say say say what you want...



These snake oil salesmen are always out there....saying say say say...
#15312434
Pants-of-dog wrote:@FiveofSwords is unable to provide a scientific basis for race.

He has claimed genetic clusters are a method of defining race. The website he cited describes clusters as arbitrary, variable, and incapable of being organized into distinct subgroups.


Lol this is just very stupid. If this were true, nobody could visually identify white people from black people.
#15312435
FiveofSwords wrote:Lol this is just very stupid. If this were true, nobody could visually identify white people from black people.


You specifically said that white skin is not a criterion for determining whiteness.

Now you are saying it is. This arbitrary, variable, and opaque nature of your argument supports the notion that race is a social construct rather than a biological reality.
#15312436
Pants-of-dog wrote:You specifically said that white skin is not a criterion for determining whiteness.

Now you are saying it is. This arbitrary, variable, and opaque nature of your argument supports the notion that race is a social construct rather than a biological reality.

No,I'm not saying that lol. This is so stupid. White skin is only one difference between white and black people and it isn't an important one. There are albino black people, fyi. And you cannot actually turn black by painting your skin because your genes would be the same. I really don't understand how people get so stupid lol. This is all such a freak show.
#15312439
Pants-of-dog wrote:@FiveofSwords

On e again, you fail to provide a scientific basis for whiteness. Thank you for providing yet another example of the inability to show such a thing.

And you prove you don't even know what the word science means. Observing that people will tend to agree based on a picture whether a person is white or black is a valid scientific phenomenon. You don't even need to know genes exist. Science is just observation.
#15312444
@FiveofSwords

You still haven't told us how you choose what cluster is important.

For example, would you have been looking at Neanderthal DNA?

One of the main genetic variants linked to COVID-19 severity is associated with a genomic region of around 50 kilobases in size humans inherited from Neanderthals.

Granted, Bangladeshis are most affected, but 16% of Europeans carry the gene segment.


:)
#15312463
ingliz wrote:@FiveofSwords

You still haven't told us how you choose what cluster is important.

For example, would you have been looking at Neanderthal DNA?

One of the main genetic variants linked to COVID-19 severity is associated with a genomic region of around 50 kilobases in size humans inherited from Neanderthals.

Granted, Bangladeshis are most affected, but 16% of Europeans carry the gene segment.


:)


Hold up. Are you admitting that clustering does exist?
Last edited by FiveofSwords on 18 Apr 2024 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
#15312467
@FiveofSwords

When have I denied it?

I've said clusters are arbitrary, variable, and incapable of being organized into distinct subgroups.

And the clustering validity techniques used are open to bias, of course.


:)
#15312469
ingliz wrote:@FiveofSwords

When have I denied it?

I've said clusters are arbitrary, variable, and incapable of being organized into distinct subgroups.

And the clustering validity techniques used are open to bias, of course.


:)

Well let me ask this...does the presence of a tiny vestige of Neanderthal DNA prevent such clustering? And if not, why did you bring it up? Red herring?
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 7

@FiveofSwords https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[…]

Getting back to the topic: The new law going thr[…]

Taiwan-China crysis.

@JohnRawls You might be right but Taiwan is no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Since the Israeli government is not charging them […]