Races aren't real, but 'black' is real - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

FiveofSwords wrote:1. Black parents always have a black child and white parents always have a white child. Very strange for a 'social construct'.

They don't always, though.

Ben and Angela Ihegboro, a black Nigerian couple, gave birth to a white baby with blonde curly hair and blue eyes.

Albinism - one of the most common recessive disorders in Nigeria - has been ruled out.

:)
FiveofSwords wrote:
As is usually the case, I am right.

I was a Vietnam protester.

From the beginning, my goal was to reduce the level of violence.

One of my core beliefs is "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

See where I am going with this?
late wrote:I was a Vietnam protester.

From the beginning, my goal was to reduce the level of violence.

One of my core beliefs is "Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent".

See where I am going with this?

All of your beliefs are cliche platitudes and uninformed. I already knew that. You don't have to 'go' anywhere.
@FiveofSwords

About 12 different genes control the amount of melanin produced in the skin.

Black parents who carry light-skin variants inherited from unknown white ancestors can produce a white child.

Similarly, white parents who carry dark-skin variants from unknown black ancestors can produce a black child as in the recently filmed biopic of Sandra Laing, the black baby born to Afrikaner parents at the height of apartheid in the mid-1950s.

ingliz wrote:@FiveofSwords

About 12 different genes control the amount of melanin produced in the skin.

Black parents who carry light-skin variants inherited from unknown white ancestors can produce a white child.

Similarly, white parents who carry dark-skin variants from unknown black ancestors can produce a black child as in the recently filmed biopic of Sandra Laing, the black baby born to Afrikaner parents at the height of apartheid in the mid-1950s.

Why are you suddenly acting like you believe genes are heritable?
@FiveofSwords

Genes are heritable but phenotypic genes make up such a tiny percentage of the human genome - 0.00528% - that they can be ignored for taxonomic purposes.

@ingliz he ignores mixed-race people with unpredictable results of the kind that does not fit the Nazi neat package criteria.

The mixed race people are out there and according to the information I already presented are going to increase in the future. Simply because it is easy for people to travel, and communicate. For example Ingliz you are in Malta and I am in Mexico. But we can communicate here and through emails and private messages, etc. Easily.

Can even do video calls. So human communication is rapid and instant now. Most people used to meet through dances, bars, churches, schools, jobs, and so on. Locally. But people are doing a lot of stay-at-home work and now they can date online or meet people from all over the world. Even language barriers can be overcome now with AI programs that do instant translations and interpretations.

So what happens now and in the future? A lot of people might like marrying people who are very different than they are. In terms of looks, skin color, hair type, and even language and culture. The truth is one should marry someone who shares the same VALUES in life. Not necessarily the same phenotypic look or somatic looks, or even the same ethnic background, or language or cultural matrix. But the same value system. That works.

For some people, religion is the primary thing. Two Roman Catholics who are serious about RC values fall in love and marry eh? Like Mexican RC women and Haitian RC men. One Mexican indigenous and Haitian French Creole-speaking man who learned Spanish in Tijuana and he shared the RC value system with his Mexican wife. They have kids and live in Tijuana. He tried to get to the USA but it got complicated. He wound up getting a job as a teacher in Baja California Norte and that was that. End of the story. New genes in the pool in Mexico.

It will happen that way in the US, Europe, Africa, and every other continent including Australia and even the Scandinavian nations where the Nazis wanted to remain pure and so on. They wind up with refugees from many other nations and the ones there start speaking Swedish and other languages from the neighboring Nordic nations, and voila, even they get the mixed-race children whom the Nazis have a hard time saying that the neat package is the norm and the only thing that is worth rallying around.

Again, values are inherited through your parents. Or taught socially and culturally and have some kind of individual basis? What are family values, and cultural values? Are they fixed for all time? Or do they change constantly through generations? If they change? Then is it possible to have mixed-race progeny and mixed cultural and value systems within families that produce fertile offspring in future generations?

That is what would be interesting.

But if Nazi thinking in the Twilight Zone continues to ignore that mixed-race people exist and are increasing? Then where is he left in his limited boxed-in scientific racism theories? Nowhere. So he ignores it.

Or he can say, 'Those people do not count. They violated the sacred rules of having sex with your own kind only.' Can you tell who is racially pure just by looking at their faces and bodies? That is the issue with the racists. Genes are funny that way. You have to examine beyond somatic looks to get to the DNA story. And peoples' DNA stories are not that neat. They never have been.

;)
Tainari88 wrote:
@ingliz he ignores mixed race people

I brought up the history of the American South (think Brown Sugar, Rolling Stones) and he had a bad reaction to that.

But we have those personal genetic test kits now, and that gets routinely confirmed on a daily basis. Although I imagine they are less popular in the South than the rest of the country..
late wrote:I brought up the history of the American South (think Brown Sugar, Rolling Stones) and he had a bad reaction to that.

But we have those personal genetic test kits now, and that gets routinely confirmed on a daily basis. Although I imagine they are less popular in the South than the rest of the country..

Why do Latin Americans ignore completely race categories in all their official documents? They (the Mexican government officials) do not do it. They never asked me about my race. They take pictures and fingerprints to identify who you are. But they never ask me a damn question once in their Census stuff. A Census worker came and got all my information. Unlike the USA they never asked if I was white non-Hispanic, white Hispanic, or African not Hispanic, or African Hispanic, etc. The Latin Americans all assume the vast majority are MIXED race. All the time. And they are.

Most Latin Americans even the very elite do have some Indian or Jewish or African DNA. In Mexico only about less than 10% of Mexicans are homogeneously only one group of people. The vast majority with the exception of Indian groups that still speak their own languages, live in their ancient tribal lands, and so on, and do not really socialize with the rest of Mestizo Mexican society. Mexicans do not think you are an Indian race person because of your looks or skin color. It is strictly about CULTURE. You can look very Indian (Aztec, Tarascan, Mayan, Otomi, Zapotec like Benito Juarez the Mexican president who spoke Zapotec as his native language). If you speak Spanish as your primary language, adopt Mestizo cultural aspects and no longer are a practicing Indigenous culture person? You are not Indian. The looks do not matter.

The US is stuck in one-drop rule shit invented by white slaveowners who had to keep a hold of their mixed-race slaves whom many times they themselves were responsible for procreating. If you acknowledged them as culturally English-speaking, Christian, and culturally Protestant and as assimilated as the Master who fathered them? Then where would your profits go and free labor?

WASP Southern culture is not universal in the world. They think it is. But it is not.

That entire lie that mixing did not occur between different races is just not true.

In fact, many human civilizations thrived on multiculturalism. And they still do to this day. To think multiculturalism is a failed experiment shows they never studied most great human cultural civilizations. Not in the past or the present. They neither have studied the history of port cities. The lifeblood of the most advanced trade system networks in the whole world.

It does not surprise me. It does fit that neat package of purity that is in their heads. They have to insist on lies or their entire theories are invalid.

Again, it is hard to hold on to lies. But if they want to remain in the USA and try to get a hold of the power seat and try to deport everyone who is not on their agenda? It is going to be very hard.

Again, they keep thinking humans are neat and packaged and that is the ideal. When humans are messy and men in particular when they have no access to women of their own group? Wind up having sex with any women who are available to them. Questioning the racial purity of that woman is not of interest to them if they are sailing around the world looking at other smelly men in a ship full of hierarchical rankings and having to deal with duties without much access to some fun and games. Lol. They got scurvy too. Lack of vitamin C and it was a lack of fresh fruit and veggies.

First they did in ports was eat lots of fruit and vegetables and go and find women. Of any race. :lol:
Last edited by Tainari88 on 23 Apr 2024 18:35, edited 1 time in total.
Tainari88 wrote:Why do the Latin Americans ignore completely race categories in all their official documents. They do not do it. They never asked me about my race. They take pictures and fingerprints to identify who you are. But they never ask me a damn question once in their Census stuff. A Census worker came and got all my information. Unlike the USA they never asked if I was white non Hispanic, or white Hispanic, or African not Hispanic, or African Hispanic, etc. The Latin Americans all assume the vast majority are MIXED race. All the time. And they are.

Most Latin Americans even the very elite do have some Indian or Jewish or African DNA. In Mexico only about less than 10% of Mexicans are homogeneously only one group of people. The vast majority with the exception of Indian groups that still speak their own languages, live in their ancient tribal lands, and so on and do not really socialize with the rest of Mestizo Mexican society. Mexicans do not think you are an Indian race person because of your looks or skin color. It is strictly about CULTURE. You can look very Indian (Aztec, Tarascan, Mayan, Otomi,Zapotec like Benito Juarez the Mexican president who spoke Zapotec as his native language). If you speak Spanish as your primary language, adopt Mestizo cultural aspects and no longer are a practicing Indigenous culture person? You are not Indian. The looks do not matter.

The US is stuck in one-drop rule shit invented by white slaveowners who had to keep a hold of their mixed-race slaves whom many times they themselves were responsible for procreating. If you acknowledged them as culturally English speaking, Christian, and culturally Protestant and as assimilated at the Master who literally fathered them? Then were would your profits go and free labor?

WASP Southern culture is not universal in the world. They think it is. But it is not.

That entire lie that mixing did not occur between different races is just not true.

In fact, many human civilizations thrived on multiculturalism. And they still do to this day. To think multiculturalism is a failed experiment shows they never studied most great human cultural civilizations. Not in the past or the present. They neither have studied the history of port cities. The lifeblood of most advanced trade system networks in the whole world.

It does not surprise me. It does fit that neat package of purity that is in their heads. They got to insist on lies or their entire theories are invalid.

Again, it is hard holding on to lies. But if they want to remain in the USA and try to get a hold of the power seat and try to deport everyone who is not into their agenda? It is going to be very hard.

Again, they keep thinking humans are neat and packaged and that is the ideal. When humans are messy and men in particular when they have no access to women of their own group? Wind up having sex with any women who are available to them. Questioning the racial purity of that woman is not of interest to them if they are sailing around the world looking at other smelly men in a ship full of hierarchical rankings and having to deal with duties without much access to some fun and games. Lol. They got scurvy too. Lack of vitamin C and it was lack of fresh fruit and veggies.

Firs they did in ports was eat lots of fruit and vegetables and go and find women. Of any race. :lol:

I'd say this depends a lot on the country. Race is very much relevant in countries like Brazil or Colombia.

In Chile, the Census does ask whether you're indigenous (which is the closest thing to asking race). And it's asked in the same way it is in the US i.e. through self-identification since race is a social construct.
wat0n wrote:I'd say this depends a lot on the country. Race is very much relevant in countries like Brazil or Colombia.

In Chile, the Census does ask whether you're indigenous (which is the closest thing to asking race). And it's asked in the same way it is in the US i.e. through self-identification since race is a social construct.

Well in Mexico they never asked me. And they never asked that in Puerto Rico at all. So maybe in Chile it is about trying to figure out how many people identify as Mapuche culturally? Lol.

In Colombia there is racism but is it the one drop rule stuff. No. It is not.

It is a separate system, the person can look kind of African but if they have a lot of money and inherited businesses and so on? The whiter they 'become'. Lol. Chile did not get as many Nazis fleeing WWII as Argentina either.
Tainari88 wrote:Well in Mexico they never asked me. And they never asked that in Puerto Rico at all. So maybe in Chile it is about trying to figure out how many people identify as Mapuche culturally? Lol.

In Colombia there is racism but is it the one drop rule stuff. No. It is not.

It is a separate system, the person can look kind of African but if they have a lot of money and inherited businesses and so on? The whiter they 'become'. Lol. Chile did not get as many Nazis fleeing WWII as Argentina either.

It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous peoples too although the Mapuche are like 7/8 of all of them if we go by survey/census identification.

You should have definitely been asked about race in Puerto Rico. The American Community Survey does.

This is also only done through self-identification, the one-drop rule is not used anymore.
late wrote:I brought up the history of the American South (think Brown Sugar, Rolling Stones) and he had a bad reaction to that.

I always wondered how truly accurate those race kits were?

I never bought one or did one on myself or my children. I think my older son got tested out of curiosity. He is adopted.

My younger son is my biological child. And I never tested him genetically. Only when he was in the womb for Down or other genetic diseases. They give the mother the option of aborting a child with severe genetic defects or even Down syndrome.

My sister did get tested. She was surprised. Lol. Most people are. They rarely understand that what you think you are is about cultural matrix and how you were socially conditioned. Your genes can contradict an entire history that you thought you had. My husband was raised by an African Puerto Rican woman. He thought she was his biological parent his whole life. His father was short and swarthy looking with black wavy hair and honey colored eyes. He was a lot taller than either parent. And very white of skin, dark hair kind of balding, and dark eyes that were with an almost almond shaped eye shape, and full lips like an African and he was over six feet tall. He did not know he was not their child by DNA. Only after they were dead.

He found out eventually who his bio parents were. But genetically it still is a mystery for him. Never tested himself. He says his parents were his adoptive parents who raised him since he was an infant.

He is loyal to them. He does not care about the biological inheritance.

People really should pay attention to culture, values and their own truths in regards to how they identify in the world.
wat0n wrote:It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous peoples too although the Mapuche are like 7/8 of all of them if we go by survey/census identification.

You should have definitely been asked about race in Puerto Rico. The American Community Survey does.

This is also only done through self-identification, the one-drop rule is not used anymore.

Lol. The Puerto Rican government makes up its own rules and most Puerto Ricans do not really like being asked about race.

In Puerto Rico you say to someone affectionately '¿Oye negrita como estas hoy? ¿Te sientes bien negra?'

Negra and negro are terms of endearment. They mean in the colloquial culture that you are of humble origins and are likable and lovable. Easy going. If you are arrogant or standoffish or cold to other people what do they use to describe you? Blanca. Or Blanquita or Blanquito. White. Because they associate it with the slavery days and the ones who thought themselves the owners of the world.

In the culture then there exists a dislike for colorism. Which is very common in the USA. The PR government tries to avoid it. The Census in Puerto Rico is well documented. It started in the 18th century. There are documents of Alejandro O'Reilly an Irishman sent by the Spanish crown to collect data on the Puerto Ricans. The Irishman said back then, 'These people are really into common-law unions, they have a need for more clergy and priests, and they marry people of starkly different races. All of them do this. It is very different than in Europe. I am wondering if it is about the beautiful weather and the lack of winter eh? O'Reilly the Spanish-speaking Irishman taking in data eh?

'¿Te crees mucho eh? ¿Sigues así blanquita que vas bien mal? Blanquita eres ahora eh...that kind of thing.
late wrote:Me too, I have seen Docs be critical of them.

I am sure over time they will improve.

You said you are from the state of Maine? Did you know @jimjam? I worry he is deceased. He was feeling badly physically and he no longer posts at all. He was Hungarian American and very blonde and blue-eyed. Such a nice man. I liked him a lot.

A lot of people from Maine are of Scotch-Irish descent and English. German too. All sorts of people. But a lot of European background Americans are in Maine. Jimjam invited me to visit him in Maine. I never could go. I had so many things to do in Mexico. My kid is in elementary school still. And I had to be on top of my jobs here.

I have visited a lot of states though Late. Let me see the ones I have visited or lived in or stayed in for more than a day or two in my life? Colorado, New York, California, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Virginia, Maryland, Georgia, North Carolina, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, Arizona, Indiana, Michigan, Wyoming, Illinois, Florida, Delaware, and Washington DC which is not a state.

So I have seen my fair share of the USA. Lower 48. Alaska and Hawaiian Islands? No, never been there. And Maine is one of the states I have never visited before. Montana, Idaho I only drove through Pocatello never stayed overnight there. Montana never been or Washington state or Oregon either. Never been there. Ohio I do not recall ever being there either. Canada was way too cold for my taste. Even though most of Canada is occupied or populated by Canadians who live very close to the US-Canadian border. Most of Canada is just inaccessible tundra and forests that trying to create highways and so on to access is almost through an engineering perspective very hard to accomplish. So it is empty mostly.
wat0n wrote:It's not just Mapuche, there are other indigenous peoples too although the Mapuche are like 7/8 of all of them if we go by survey/census identification.

I got curious about them Wat0n. So I watched this video.

Some of them have disappeared as a culture.

But some of them I have heard of that group in Peru or Bolivia too? Hmm.

ingliz wrote:@FiveofSwords

Genes are heritable but phenotypic genes make up such a tiny percentage of the human genome - 0.00528% - that they can be ignored for taxonomic purposes.

Your nonsense doesn't even qualify as pseudo science lol. It doesn't even try to be internally consistent

And the question you need to ask yourself, whos f[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The article IS the source, dumbnut. And its sourc[…]

Right, for instance the "settler colonialism&[…]

From the link in the previous post: Note that […]