Israel-Palestinian War 2023 - Page 191 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The evidence of executions has already been presented in this thread.

You have not.

Pants-of-dog wrote:That has been addressed.

A timeline of events showing IDF culpability has been presented. So far, there has not been a single criticism of this timeline.

Not given that the IDF did not control the hospital until February 15. And blaming the deaths of everyone on the IDF when Hamas and the other factions use shielding - as proven in this very thread - is also incorrect, plus this also does not consider those Palestinians killed by failed rocket launches or outright shot by Hamas and the factions.
If the only gambit is ignoring the timeline that has been presented, we can move on.

-----------

Now even the USA is describing the food situation in Gaza as a famine. More than that, they are claiming that “Israel-imposed administrative challenges are preventing the delivery” of food.

This was in a report by USAID to determine if Israel is still eligible for aid funding.
Pants-of-dog wrote:If the only gambit is ignoring the timeline that has been presented, we can move on.

I'm not ignoring the timeline.

I'm showing you are making assumptions that you have yet to substantiate.

Pants-of-dog wrote:-----------

Now even the USA is describing the food situation in Gaza as a famine. More than that, they are claiming that “Israel-imposed administrative challenges are preventing the delivery” of food.

This was in a report by USAID to determine if Israel is still eligible for aid funding.

Fortunately, the seaport is almost ready to start receiving aid if you're so concerned about this.
wat0n wrote:I'm not ignoring the timeline.

I'm showing you are making assumptions that you have yet to substantiate.

Show me.

Fortunately, the seaport is almost ready to start receiving aid if you're so concerned about this.

Not important.

Israel’s strongest ally is openly saying that the Israeli government and the IDF have deliberately caused a famine.

Zionists should not worry, since the USA is already very accustomed to working with regimes that commit crimes against humanity.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Show me.

You have yet to show why is it impossible that those who were buried at the Nasser hospital were killed by Israel, let alone executed by it.

You are assuming they were, even though it is not obvious that's the case. You would first need to show the IDF did not allow any wounded civilians to get to the hospital.

Pants-of-dog wrote:Not important.

Israel’s strongest ally is openly saying that the Israeli government and the IDF have deliberately caused a famine.

Zionists should not worry, since the USA is already very accustomed to working with regimes that commit crimes against humanity.

How is it not important to open a route that would be out of reach of Hamas? Indeed, it's why Hamas has threatened to attack those operating that port.
wat0n wrote:You have yet to show why is it impossible that those who were buried at the Nasser hospital were killed by Israel, let alone executed by it.

You are assuming they were, even though it is not obvious that's the case. You would first need to show the IDF did not allow any wounded civilians to get to the hospital.

No. You misread.

Quote my post and show where I made the error.

How is it not important to open a route that would be out of reach of Hamas? Indeed, it's why Hamas has threatened to attack those operating that port.

It is irrelevant to the argument I am making. If you want to talk about the port, go ahead but there is no need to quote me.

At this point, it seems clear that Israel is a western nation in the same vein as the UK. the USA, Canada, and other countries that have intentionally wiped out ethnic minorities in the quest for land. We see this is. the way these nations also commit atrocities, also do it openly, also have these atrocities recognized as such by the other countries on said list, and also experience business going on as normal.
Pants-of-dog wrote:No. You misread.

Quote my post and show where I made the error.

All of it.

Pants-of-dog wrote:It is irrelevant to the argument I am making. If you want to talk about the port, go ahead but there is no need to quote me.

It is certainly relevant since Israel is allowing, indeed encouraging, the establishment of that route.

Pants-of-dog wrote:At this point, it seems clear that Israel is a western nation in the same vein as the UK. the USA, Canada, and other countries that have intentionally wiped out ethnic minorities in the quest for land. We see this is. the way these nations also commit atrocities, also do it openly, also have these atrocities recognized as such by the other countries on said list, and also experience business going on as normal.

Sounds like begging the question here, heh?
The declaration that the IDF and Israeli government are causing a famine was mentioned in a USAID memo.

An excerpt:

“Adequate health, nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene … interventions, an immediate cessation of hostilities, and sustained humanitarian access will be required,” the memo states. “Absent these conditions, all available evidence indicates rising acute food insecurity, malnutrition, and disease will lead to a rapid increase in non-trauma deaths, particularly among women, children, the elderly, and persons with disabilities.”

The “deterioration of food security and nutrition in Gaza is unprecedented in modern history, exponentially outpacing in six months the long-term declines that led to the only other two famine declarations in the 21st century: Somalia (2011) and South Sudan (2017),”

https://www.devex.com/news/exclusive-us ... aid-107545
Speaking of, the OCHA website shows that 69 truckloads/day of food crossed into Gaza on February 2024 (slightly up from 68* truckloads/day on February 2023) and 122.5 did on March 2024 (up from 82 on March 2023).

If we include other essential goods as well, so we count human food, non-edible food, medicine and hygiene products (99% of Gaza imports since the war began), the figures are 99 truckloads/day on February 2024 (up from 98 truckloads/day on February 2023) and 159.5 truckloads/day on March 2024 (up from 116.5 on March 2023).

The difference in the overall truckloads entering into Gaza is explained largely by those containing construction materials.

https://www.ochaopt.org/data/crossings

What were your predictions in this regard, @Pants-of-dog?

* Corrected a typo.
Last edited by wat0n on 30 Apr 2024 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Whether or not some random person on the web thinks it is justified is completely irrelevant to Hamas and its goals and the fact that settler colonialism is going to keep fuelling October 7 attacks.

That's just a cop-out and a dodge of the question. Do you think we're idiots? The fact that you won't answer the question, and the fact that you have tried to justify the video of 2 Muslim student protestors glorifying Oct 7 makes it pretty clear that you believe that Oct 7 was a "legitimate form of resistance". Unless you tell us otherwise and condemn the Oct 7 attacks.

@wat0n is right, you don't even have the balls to admit your support of Oct 7. Stay classy bud.

If there's one good thing to come from this awful war it's that a ton of terror and genocide-supporting a-holes have exposed themselves for what they are. Some of the same people I stood with protesting atrocities against Arab civilians & even terrorists (Abu Ghraib/Gitmo) during the Iraq & Afghan wars etc are supporting those very things.
Unthinking Majority wrote:That's just a cop-out and a dodge of the question. Do you think we're idiots?

I think it is idiotic to ignore the actual topic to focus on the feelings of a random individual.

What possible intelligent reason could there be for whining about my opinion instead of looking at the wsr?

The fact that you won't answer the question, and the fact that you have tried to justify the video of 2 Muslim student protestors glorifying Oct 7 makes it pretty clear that you believe that Oct 7 was a "legitimate form of resistance". Unless you tell us otherwise and condemn the Oct 7 attacks.

@wat0n is right, you don't even have the balls to admit your support of Oct 7. Stay classy bud.

If there's one good thing to come from this awful war it's that a ton of terror and genocide-supporting a-holes have exposed themselves for what they are. Some of the same people I stood with protesting atrocities against Arab civilians & even terrorists (Abu Ghraib/Gitmo) during the Iraq & Afghan wars etc are supporting those very things.

Oh noes. @Unthinking Majority thinks I am Big Bad Poopyhead.

Who cares?

Do you have an argument that is on topic?
Pants-of-dog wrote:I think it is idiotic to ignore the actual topic to focus on the feelings of a random individual.

What possible intelligent reason could there be for whining about my opinion instead of looking at the wsr?

What intelligent reason is there to support Oct 7? This is just another deflection.

Do you have an argument that is on topic?

Yes: protestors supporting Oct 7 are disgusting so stop defending murder and rape of civilians.
Unthinking Majority wrote:What intelligent reason is there to support Oct 7? This is just another deflection.

Yes: protestors supporting Oct 7 are disgusting so stop defending murder and rape of civilians.

You and @wat0n can accuse me of positions I do not hold without quoting me. Leave me out of your name calling.

———————

The USAid memo also says that while things like the pier could reduce the level of famine, it is now impossible to avoid famine and the famine has already started.
Pants-of-dog wrote:You and @wat0n can accuse me of positions I do not hold without quoting me. Leave me out of your name calling.

Was October 7 a form of legitimate resistance?

Pants-of-dog wrote:The USAid memo also says that while things like the pier could reduce the level of famine, it is now impossible to avoid famine and the famine has already started.

No declaration to that effect has been made AFAIK.
The question of whether or not October 7 was “justified” is irrelevant and irrational.

The people resisting the occupation think it was. The occupying nation does not, nor do their supporters. It is subjective based on context. So if you think resisting occupation is legitimate then you will think October 7 was so. If you think occupying territories is legitimate, you will think the attack was Bad.

But it is all irrelevant, since the perpetrators do not care about the opinion of a random person on the internet. At most, people who do not want to face Israeli war crimes can use this to deflect the conversation towards irrelevancies like feels.

—————

The USAID memo has the following subject heading:
“Famine Inevitable, Changes Could Reduce but Not Stop Widespread Civilian Deaths.”
Pants-of-dog wrote:The question of whether or not October 7 was “justified” is irrelevant and irrational.

The people resisting the occupation think it was. The occupying nation does not, nor do their supporters. It is subjective based on context. So if you think resisting occupation is legitimate then you will think October 7 was so. If you think occupying territories is legitimate, you will think the attack was Bad.

But it is all irrelevant, since the perpetrators do not care about the opinion of a random person on the internet. At most, people who do not want to face Israeli war crimes can use this to deflect the conversation towards irrelevancies like feels.

Ah, I see. So alleged Israeli war crimes against Palestinians are relevant but actual war crimes against Israelis are not.

Got it, then as usual - as for the left in general - it's not about "what" but about "who".

Pants-of-dog wrote:—————

The USAID memo has the following subject heading:
“Famine Inevitable, Changes Could Reduce but Not Stop Widespread Civilian Deaths.”

Still not the same as declaring a famine started.
Some people go to great efforts to feel victimized by the left.

-------------

So it is agreed that aid agencies think famine is inevitable, even those that are allied with the Israeli government.

The Famine Early Warning Systems Network, known as FEWS NET, has found that about 30% of Gaza is at the most severe level of famine. Another 39% is at the second highest level of famine.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Some people go to great efforts to feel victimized by the left.

-------------

So it is agreed that aid agencies think famine is inevitable, even those that are allied with the Israeli government.

The Famine Early Warning Systems Network, known as FEWS NET, has found that about 30% of Gaza is at the most severe level of famine. Another 39% is at the second highest level of famine.

They need to stop that famine! I wish I could feed everyone there nutritious food. But after a lot of months without adequate food the body to get it off famine mode is tricky.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Some people go to great efforts to feel victimized by the left.

No, just showing the dishonesty and hypocrisy of the left in general and you specifically.

Pants-of-dog wrote:-------------

No, it's not. The FEWS NET was forecasting that on March, and has yet to make a reassessment of the situation given the changes on the ground.

Are you speaking about yourself defending October […]

I informed you that [S]ombart was not focused on […]

bad news for Moscow impelrism , Welcome home […]

I think that the wariness of many scientists to p[…]