Why You'll Never Achieve the American Dream - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15316680
FiveofSwords wrote:You should run for office. You really know how to use a lot of words to say nothing.


No Five Man. Someone from my political column is going to win the elections in the country I am currently living in. The people in your column struggle to even go to a local city council meeting and be heard and not rejected outright. Your group's only hope for taking over is violence and craziness.

If you can't appeal to the normies out there? You are in deep shit. And if Derek Black gave up on the Nazi National Socialist Dream of the USA? And he is the one who coined White Genocide of which you claim to never have known it was him? Then you are sunk.

And all the screaming about white people disappearing is sheer nothing. :violin:

Go back to If You Could Only Understand Me--Si Me Comprendieras.
#15316700
Tainari88 wrote:No Five Man. Someone from my political column is going to win the elections in the country I am currently living in. The people in your column struggle to even go to a local city council meeting and be heard and not rejected outright. Your group's only hope for taking over is violence and craziness.

If you can't appeal to the normies out there? You are in deep shit. And if Derek Black gave up on the Nazi National Socialist Dream of the USA? And he is the one who coined White Genocide of which you claim to never have known it was him? Then you are sunk.

And all the screaming about white people disappearing is sheer nothing. :violin:

Go back to If You Could Only Understand Me--Si Me Comprendieras.

You are completely wrong. The vast majority of people are not dedicated to making white people go extinct. In fact, most people would call such a policy genocidal
#15316705
FiveofSwords wrote:You are completely wrong. The vast majority of people are not dedicated to making white people go extinct. In fact, most people would call such a policy genocidal


Is it happening to you right now? Bring on the video. You do not. SO what is the screaming about?
#15316706
Tainari88 wrote:Is it happening to you right now? Bring on the video. You do not. SO what is the screaming about?


Lol and thr ink hasn't even tried on your dumb post admitting that it is happening, but only b4cause white women are bored of childbirth. Try getting your story straight.
#15316723
FiveofSwords wrote:Lol and thr ink hasn't even tried on your dumb post admitting that it is happening, but only b4cause white women are bored of childbirth. Try getting your story straight.


What the hell are you talking about? The women aborting white fetuses are doing it to themselves. Why? Go and ask white women what is happening that they do not want white babies? Ask them.

There are no Black men with guns forcing the white community to not have more children. It is the capitalists who want both parents working all damn day and who want profits. Then when the run low on workers they get them from other countries. Why? Because they are loyal to profits. But most white people love the current system. If they did not? They would change it.

They do not. They are angry about what?

Your way of thinking is severely short term memory loss Five. :lol:
#15316730
Tainari88 wrote:What the hell are you talking about? The women aborting white fetuses are doing it to themselves. Why? Go and ask white women what is happening that they do not want white babies? Ask them.

There are no Black men with guns forcing the white community to not have more children. It is the capitalists who want both parents working all damn day and who want profits. Then when the run low on workers they get them from other countries. Why? Because they are loyal to profits. But most white people love the current system. If they did not? They would change it.

They do not. They are angry about what?

Your way of thinking is severely short term memory loss Five. :lol:

You have no clue what my thinking is, lol.

But here you go again admitting that the white population is in decline...both in absolute numbers but especially our relative population especially in our own homelands. And if anyone was bothered by that and wanted to do something about that, you woukd support throwing them in prison. Basically, you agree with the state using force against anyone who cares about the survival of white people. That is itself an obvious admission of genocide.
#15316737
FiveofSwords wrote:You have no clue what my thinking is, lol.

But here you go again admitting that the white population is in decline...both in absolute numbers but especially our relative population especially in our own homelands. And if anyone was bothered by that and wanted to do something about that, you woukd support throwing them in prison. Basically, you agree with the state using force against anyone who cares about the survival of white people. That is itself an obvious admission of genocide.


FiveofSwords you are severely misinformed about history. I do mean severely. The reality is that Black people in the USA, Latin Americans and many others who live in low income neighborhoods all over the USA live next to toxic dumps and bad lead filled water like Flint, Michigan. Among other dumps in the world in the USA. Toxic depleted uranium is killing children and adults in communities that are not white also. It is a global issue that affects a lot of people. Not just white people with hardly any resources.

it is not about white genocide. It is about a total lack of conscience polluting the environment and the atmosphere for short term thinking and short term profit. Your problem is you think the only people suffering are whites. It is ridiculous shit what you believe.

Really.

You have no clue about what has happened in other places in other communities. You only care about the 9%. That is dumb. It really is super super dumb. Humanity is EVERYONE. Not just one small percentage. You can't hide from what is going on with the problems.

It is like the Malibu fires. They live in a very exclusive community. But they get hit with fires, earthquakes an d the same disasters everyone else gets hit with and they are surprised by it. Because they PAID to be free from risk. There is no such thing as being free from risk and let all the other races, countries and peoples go down in flames but only my little niche survive. That is just DUMB with a capital 'D'.

All of us are interrelated.

That has always been the case.

I find the way you think extremely narrow and just invalid in everything.

Why did the Haitian Revolution happen? People got tired of being slaves. Angry about not having a family of their own, a house of their own, a life of freedom. They are not objects. So they burned down the system.

What happened with Harriet Tubman? She did not want to live in slavery.

That happened with the Mayans and the Spanish, the French and the Haitians, the Cubans and the Spanish, the French and the Vietnamese, the Algerians and the French, the British and the Irish, and the list is endless. Rebellion happens because the reality is humans do not like being objects to be exploited. Who does?

Go and deal with that lost cause of yours. It is sunk. Because instead of being humane it does the opposite. It is bound to fail. Simply because it does not see the humanity in EVERYONE.

#15316739
Tainari88 wrote:FiveofSwords you are severely misinformed about history. I do mean severely. The reality is that Black people in the USA, Latin Americans and many others who live in low income neighborhoods all over the USA live next to toxic dumps and bad lead filled water like Flint, Michigan. Among other dumps in the world in the USA. Toxic depleted uranium is killing children and adults in communities that are not white also. It is a global issue that affects a lot of people. Not just white people with hardly any resources.

it is not about white genocide. It is about a total lack of conscience polluting the environment and the atmosphere for short term thinking and short term profit. Your problem is you think the only people suffering are whites. It is ridiculous shit what you believe.

Really.

You have no clue about what has happened in other places in other communities. You only care about the 9%. That is dumb. It really is super super dumb. Humanity is EVERYONE. Not just one small percentage. You can't hide from what is going on with the problems.

It is like the Malibu fires. They live in a very exclusive community. But they get hit with fires, earthquakes an d the same disasters everyone else gets hit with and they are surprised by it. Because they PAID to be free from risk. There is no such thing as being free from risk and let all the other races, countries and peoples go down in flames but only my little niche survive. That is just DUMB with a capital 'D'.

All of us are interrelated.

That has always been the case.

I find the way you think extremely narrow and just invalid in everything.

Why did the Haitian Revolution happen? People got tired of being slaves. Angry about not having a family of their own, a house of their own, a life of freedom. They are not objects. So they burned down the system.

What happened with Harriet Tubman? She did not want to live in slavery.

That happened with the Mayans and the Spanish, the French and the Haitians, the Cubans and the Spanish, the French and the Vietnamese, the Algerians and the French, the British and the Irish, and the list is endless. Rebellion happens because the reality is humans do not like being objects to be exploited. Who does?

Go and deal with that lost cause of yours. It is sunk. Because instead of being humane it does the opposite. It is bound to fail. Simply because it does not see the humanity in EVERYONE.



So please tell me when you heard me say 'there are no poor black people'? Or actually, since of course you never heard me say that, just explain why you lie so much?
#15316744
Tainari88 wrote:It was the dream of millions of people who came from poverty and hard circumstances and they thought endless consumption was the key to happiness.

In the past, many other societies also thought consumption and being materialistic were the key to success but only for the upper classes. The American Dream for the working classes was seen as a fake thing and if you were born into poverty you died in poverty. All this socially mobile stuff was never achievable in the old rigid systems of Europe for example. That is where the 'bring us your huddled, tired, etc comes from:

They do not give you the details of what they do with the tired huddled masses yearning to breathe free though Potemkin. That is the issue. :D

Definition of the American Dream:

The American dream is the belief that anyone, regardless of where they were born or what class they were born into, can attain their own version of success in a society in which upward mobility is possible for everyone. The American dream is believed to be achieved through sacrifice, risk-taking, and hard work, rather than by chance.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/american-dream.asp

I think its still alive and well. But I think rising income inequality is making that somewhat harder, and is making things a lot harder for the middle class and regular working people and the poor.

The US is a very consumerist country, but I don't think that is necessarily the crux of the American Dream. I know people who have achieved this and they aren't materialistic. They went from poor refugees with no money to their children attending an ivy league school and having a successful career, and they worked their butts off for it.
#15316748
Unthinking Majority wrote:Definition of the American Dream:


https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/american-dream.asp

I think its still alive and well. But I think rising income inequality is making that somewhat harder, and is making things a lot harder for the middle class and regular working people and the poor.

The US is a very consumerist country, but I don't think that is necessarily the crux of the American Dream. I know people who have achieved this and they aren't materialistic. They went from poor refugees with no money to their children attending an ivy league school and having a successful career, and they worked their butts off for it.


The videos say otherwise UM.

Too many young people graduate with student loan debt. If you have student loan debt even a modest amount of say $1000 they disqualify you for approval for a mortgage. You have to rent. If you rent you are not an owner of a house. Not an owner of a house you will not see your money after paying rent only for years. You get married and you can't own your own home. You have children to support.

It snowballs UM on purpose. You have to pay child care and make too much to qualify for reduced child care costs. So a lot of married couples choose to be without children. You do not have children where are the future taxpayers and future workers paying in to the system for social security to support the older workers getting out of the workforce and retiring?

All the choices have consequences. It only serves banks that make a killing from charging usury interest rates for student loans. Many parents can't afford to pay cash for their children's college educations. Even the state schools do not cover a lot of the costs.

No. The entire system is rotten UM.

It does have some people who are immigrants making it in America. But they are vulnerable.

Like all people who work for a living and are not multi-millionaires. Most people are not multi-millionaires UM. Trying to get to that status without access to large credit amounts or investments and not understanding well how the system works? Is hard.

Many people who make shitty and low wage salaries for years are also immigrants. And they also work very hard. In fact, most people who work hard their entire lives wind up dying without any real money to show for it. I know a lot. Agricultural workers for example. They work in dairy farms, meat packing plants, picking food crops during the season. It is backbreaking work. So is office janitorial, landscaping, diner and food cooks and people working the night shift picking up trash and or doing deep sea fishing for major seafood companies. It is all hard work. Low paid.

Teachers get paid shit in most counties and cities in the USA.

They work very hard. It does not mean they will have a good middle class guaranteed life.

It does not matter if they are Black public school teachers, or White public school teachers or Latino ones either. They get paid badly.

I live in Mexico. The buses are full of people who are good and hard workers. They get paid shit month after month. I have a couple now working here because the husband wants to buy an electric fan in the heat to avoid feeling suffocated in the heat wave in his small town. He has made $8000 Mexican Pesos a month. That is the equivalent of $450 US dollars a month for working Monday through Saturday. Sundays off only.

That has to feed the family, clothe the kids and so on.

It is nothing really. He asked his boss after a whole year of being a good solid responsible employee if he could get a small raise. The man said NO.

They get desperate. They consider leaving the country to get a raise because their families are eating noodles every night.

It is not about how hard you work really sometimes. It is a big combination of life circumstances. Mexico for years only had available for most of its people a standard 8th grade public school education in most of its rural towns. No free high schools for many many years. No one got beyond middle school. Without a well educated workforce with training and a decent income? You are stuck in poverty. And so is your family. Your kids.

This drives immigration to nations that are paying their workers more. But even in the US the wages have stagnated for the US working classes. They have very little ability to socially and economically climb. It is a lot more complex than what many think it is about. Just work hard, after immigrating, learn English, assimilate, and follow the rules. The rules are not working for the people who already have lived there for generations.

Now, the immigrants are motivated people. No doubt about it. But if they have very little formal education? In a world full of technology and a need for further education to navigate it? Where are the lower skilled workers from places like Mexico?

It is very very hard. Though you work very very hard.
#15317358
My opinion is that it is still "achievable", but not for everyone. And it has become a lot more difficult to achieve.

The more difficult it is to achieve, the more out of reach it becomes to more people.

I believe things are so bad, that expectations about what is "normal" are beginning to change.
Although that takes a long time.

Older people who grew up in different times always assume things in the world are exactly the same as they have been. People's perceptions about how the world works typically don't change unless they've personally experienced it.

And I believe the younger generation has had a worse experience than the older generation.

We can see this in the fertility rates of American women, how they have dropped so far (especially for white women). The younger generation is having a difficult time being able to afford to start a family, or even get into a financial position where they are prepared for marriage, or be able to the type of housing that would be appropriate to start a family.

The rates of college attendance finally starting to go down a little bit is indicative that Americans may be starting to feel the payoff at the end of the tunnel is no longer as much worth it as it once was. Or worse, it's becoming harder to afford college, and Americans are growing more skeptical about how much benefit it will accrue.

It's taking the younger American generation a lot longer to achieve certain adult markers in life, and a larger portion of that population is not reaching them.
Trump shot (grazed) at rally

Really glad nothing happened to Trump. Not so gl[…]

Someone in another thread brought up an interestin[…]

68% of voters find it more concerning that a presi[…]

The fertility rate and the economy

I know a lot of Americans might not realize this, […]