Columbia faculty members walk out after pro-Palestinian protesters arrested - Page 51 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15318469
KurtFF8 wrote:This is a lie.


No, it's not. SJP does participate in the IAW.

KurtFF8 wrote:So you've just admitted that you would side with the segregationists.


Wrong, I'm enforcing the law against them.

Antisemitic protesters are not Civil Rights activists.

KurtFF8 wrote:And now you're contradicting the first part of your sentence. You must not have understood what I wrote or as usual you're just being bad faith and contradictory.


No.

I'm calling out your segregationist project to bring numerus clausus back.
#15318499
wat0n wrote:No, it's not. SJP does participate in the IAW.


They may participate it, that's obviously not what I was claiming is a lie.

Wrong, I'm enforcing the law against them.

Antisemitic protesters are not Civil Rights activists.


You're enforcing the law? Are you a cop? That would explain a lot about your attitudes towards people who are anti-racist.

And another lie by you. Claiming that anyone who opposes Israel is antisemitic is so discredited at this point, it's not worth taking seriously (and never was)

No.

I'm calling out your segregationist project to bring numerus clausus back.


You're just a liar when it comes to this. The idea that anti-apartheid activists are somehow segregationists is a lie. You have zero evidence to back it up. It's based on not only a total fabrication of the facts, but even after your lies you still have to stretch to get to that conclusion.

Enough with the lies.
#15318503
KurtFF8 wrote:They may participate it, that's obviously not what I was claiming is a lie.


It is not a lie to say IAW has been allowed to go on with little institutional opposition, let alone police presence.

KurtFF8 wrote:You're enforcing the law? Are you a cop? That would explain a lot about your attitudes towards people who are anti-racist.


No, I'm not a cop.

But the cops are, in fact, simply enforcing the law.

KurtFF8 wrote:And another lie by you. Claiming that anyone who opposes Israel is antisemitic is so discredited at this point, it's not worth taking seriously (and never was)


Yet another straw man here, but in any event the antisemitism in the pro-Palestine movement is quite evident and I already posted several examples of it.

KurtFF8 wrote:You're just a liar when it comes to this. The idea that anti-apartheid activists are somehow segregationists is a lie. You have zero evidence to back it up. It's based on not only a total fabrication of the facts, but even after your lies you still have to stretch to get to that conclusion.

Enough with the lies.


Oh really? Then why do they condone the harassment of Jewish and Israeli students?

Why do they subject them, and only them, to special ideological litmus tests?

You aren't fooling anyone, although we know lying is just part of the revolutionary praxis.
#15318508
wat0n wrote:It is not a lie to say IAW has been allowed to go on with little institutional opposition, let alone police presence.


What's your point?

No, I'm not a cop.

But the cops are, in fact, simply enforcing the law.


Well you just claimed to be enforcing the law.

And the idea that that cops are "just enforcing the law" is naive at best, but more likely you're just being dishonest.

Like I said earlier, you likely would have cheered on the police as they arrested people like MLK Jr.

Yet another straw man here, but in any event the antisemitism in the pro-Palestine movement is quite evident and I already posted several examples of it.


No strawman at all. You constantly equate the entire pro-Palestine movement to being antisemitic. Almost all you post about it is that lie.


Oh really? Then why do they condone the harassment of Jewish and Israeli students?

Why do they subject them, and only them, to special ideological litmus tests?

You aren't fooling anyone, although we know lying is just part of the revolutionary praxis.


As I've said before, almost all violence and harassment against Jewish students during these protests has been from police against anti-Israel Jewish students. This is not disputable, it is a fact.

No where do the anti-Israel protesters call for segregation in universities. This is simply not something being said and it is a lie you keep repeating so I'm going to keep pointing out that it's a lie.
#15318511
KurtFF8 wrote:What's your point?


It proves they're not being repressed because of their politics, but because of their disruptive behavior.

KurtFF8 wrote:Well you just claimed to be enforcing the law.

And the idea that that cops are "just enforcing the law" is naive at best, but more likely you're just being dishonest.

Like I said earlier, you likely would have cheered on the police as they arrested people like MLK Jr.


Well, I'd have actually cheered on the police arresting the segregationists at Little Rock Central for sure.

KurtFF8 wrote:No strawman at all. You constantly equate the entire pro-Palestine movement to being antisemitic. Almost all you post about it is that lie.


No, just the leftist and far-right ones. Because, you know, antisemitism is rampant there.

Again, the very examples I posted in this thread illustrate that.

KurtFF8 wrote:As I've said before, almost all violence and harassment against Jewish students during these protests has been from police against anti-Israel Jewish students. This is not disputable, it is a fact.


No, they have not been harassed. They, like the other leftists, are getting some valuable education if anything: You can't trespass or disrupt instruction just because you feel entitled to.

Harassment against Jewish students for being Jewish has come solely from the pro-Palestine protesters.

KurtFF8 wrote:No where do the anti-Israel protesters call for segregation in universities. This is simply not something being said and it is a lie you keep repeating so I'm going to keep pointing out that it's a lie.


They don't need to explicitly call for it, their actual behavior says it all.
#15318536
Potemkin wrote:All Gods are more or less fake, @QatzelOk. The Bible is great literature and great mythology, but anyone who takes it as an accurate record of actual historical events needs to have their bumps felt.


Brahman = Abraham?
Saraswati = Sara?
Ghaggar = Hagar
Ishaak = Isaac?

Yes, but the above list makes it look like Judaism is actually plagiarized from Hinduism. Likewise, the monotheism aspect is plagiarized from Zoroastrianism.

Imagine killing millions of people throughout history for a plagiarized religion. Reality has never been more fake. Debating whether "the cult members of a plagiarized religion" should commit genocide or not... is a very empty thread subject.
#15318567
wat0n wrote:It proves they're not being repressed because of their politics, but because of their disruptive behavior.


This does not prove that in the slightest.

Well, I'd have actually cheered on the police arresting the segregationists at Little Rock Central for sure.


What arrests are you referring to here? Most of the arrests during the Civil Rights movement were against anti-segregationists. Not surprising you have this wrong too.


No, just the leftist and far-right ones. Because, you know, antisemitism is rampant there.


This is false. Nothing other than a blatant lie by you.

Again, the very examples I posted in this thread illustrate that.


Nope!


No, they have not been harassed. They, like the other leftists, are getting some valuable education if anything: You can't trespass or disrupt instruction just because you feel entitled to.

Harassment against Jewish students for being Jewish has come solely from the pro-Palestine protesters.


More of you self owning here. Literally all the violence and harassment has been by police (and counter protesters) against the anti-Israel protesters. Pitching a tent is not violence.

They don't need to explicitly call for it, their actual behavior says it all.


Okay I'm glad you've finally conceded that your claim here has no basis. We can finally move on from this absurd lie of yours.
#15318573
KurtFF8 wrote:This does not prove that in the slightest.


Yes it does. If it was about their politics, the IAW would have been banned in 2005.

KurtFF8 wrote:What arrests are you referring to here? Most of the arrests during the Civil Rights movement were against anti-segregationists. Not surprising you have this wrong too.


I am referring to the arrests of segregationists, who also happen to have violently rioted in universities.

KurtFF8 wrote:This is false. Nothing other than a blatant lie by you.


Just because you can't accept the fact that pro-Palestine leftists sound like the KKK it doesn't mean it's false.

KurtFF8 wrote:Nope!


Yes they do, indeed, you have not addressed them because you can't.

KurtFF8 wrote:More of you self owning here. Literally all the violence and harassment has been by police (and counter protesters) against the anti-Israel protesters. Pitching a tent is not violence.


Wrong again, as shown by the harassment also shown in this thread.

KurtFF8 wrote:Okay I'm glad you've finally conceded that your claim here has no basis. We can finally move on from this absurd lie of yours.


No.

Plenty of racists don't have the balls of spelling what they want outright. Just this week Nick Fuentes and his ilk, including David Duke, were in Detroit chanting rhetoric very similar to that of the pro-Palestine leftists.
#15318576
wat0n wrote:Yes it does. If it was about their politics, the IAW would have been banned in 2005.


That does not follow in the slightest. And there has consistently been a movement to ban things like BDS in the USA for some time. Even prior to this conflict there have been attempts to make boycotting Israel illegal for example.

I am referring to the arrests of segregationists, who also happen to have violently rioted in universities.


Which incidents are you referring to?

Just because you can't accept the fact that pro-Palestine leftists sound like the KKK it doesn't mean it's false.


It's not about what I "accept" or not. It's about the fact that you're just lying.

Yes they do, indeed, you have not addressed them because you can't.


They just don't. Your double standard is so glaring that your opinion on this isn't valid anyway.

Wrong again, as shown by the harassment also shown in this thread.


Another lie.

Plenty of racists don't have the balls of spelling what they want outright. Just this week Nick Fuentes and his ilk, including David Duke, were in Detroit chanting rhetoric very similar to that of the pro-Palestine leftists.


David Duke and far right people do not protest alongside Leftists. That is yet another lie by you. It's telling that your examples of what the Left does are always not actually Leftist. This is because you're just outright making up what you claim the Left is saying since you have no actual examples to back it up.
#15318587
KurtFF8 wrote:That does not follow in the slightest.


It totally does. It's proof by counter-example.

KurtFF8 wrote: And there has consistently been a movement to ban things like BDS in the USA for some time. Even prior to this conflict there have been attempts to make boycotting Israel illegal for example.


BDS wasn't banned on campus.

It also wasn't banned from operating.

What's banned in some states is to fund organizations that are part of BDS, not BDS advocacy itself.

KurtFF8 wrote:Which incidents are you referring to?


The ones here.

KurtFF8 wrote:It's not about what I "accept" or not. It's about the fact that you're just lying.


It is about you refusing to accept the facts, lie about them and then project it on me.

KurtFF8 wrote:They just don't. Your double standard is so glaring that your opinion on this isn't valid anyway.


I don't have any double-standards here. I am totally happy to see pro-Israel trespassers being arrested for that too.

And you still have not addressed the incidents I posted earlier.

KurtFF8 wrote:Another lie.


Footage still showing otherwise.

KurtFF8 wrote:David Duke and far right people do not protest alongside Leftists. That is yet another lie by you. It's telling that your examples of what the Left does are always not actually Leftist. This is because you're just outright making up what you claim the Left is saying since you have no actual examples to back it up.


You share the same goals as far as the Jews, particularly Israeli Jews, go.

And of course there are connections between the far-left and the far-right.
#15318616
wat0n wrote:It totally does. It's proof by counter-example.


That's not how that works. You can point to a Civil Rights protest in the 1960s that wasn't repressed by police and say "see! they weren't repressed!" even though later ones were. Just becuase a particular event/protest/etc wasn't repressed doesn't mean that a movement doesn't face repression. There are countless examples of this.

BDS wasn't banned on campus.

It also wasn't banned from operating.

What's banned in some states is to fund organizations that are part of BDS, not BDS advocacy itself.


Your last sentence here makes it not worth taking the first two seriously of course.

The ones here.


I suspect that you genuinely forgot what this part of the conversation was about. Go back and try to follow along before responding to the wrong thing.

It is about you refusing to accept the facts, lie about them and then project it on me.


Another non response.

I don't have any double-standards here. I am totally happy to see pro-Israel trespassers being arrested for that too.

And you still have not addressed the incidents I posted earlier.


You consistently only oppose the anti-Israel protests and don't mind the police violence against them or the violent and racist counter demonstrators who attack the anti-Israel (aka anti apartheid) protests.

Footage still showing otherwise.


Non response.


You share the same goals as far as the Jews, particularly Israeli Jews, go.

And of course there are connections between the far-left and the far-right.


More blatant lies by you. It's so sad that you have to keep making things up instead of bringing up things that Leftists actual think. It shows how pathetic your argument is.
#15318618
KurtFF8 wrote:That's not how that works. You can point to a Civil Rights protest in the 1960s that wasn't repressed by police and say "see! they weren't repressed!" even though later ones were. Just becuase a particular event/protest/etc wasn't repressed doesn't mean that a movement doesn't face repression. There are countless examples of this.


Nonsense.

Those are protests that have been done yearly since 2005, with acceptance by schools. It's not a random one off thing.

The difference between the IAW and the encampments is that those were not disruptive of university operations like encampments are.

KurtFF8 wrote:Your last sentence here makes it not worth taking the first two seriously of course.


Not at all.

You can still advocate for BDS, which is what freedom of expression is.

State governments have no reason to comply however. Their refusal to do so does not infringe on your right to demand them to.

KurtFF8 wrote:I suspect that you genuinely forgot what this part of the conversation was about. Go back and try to follow along before responding to the wrong thing.


Irrelevant, the examples are wholly applicable here.

KurtFF8 wrote:Another non response.


More projections and lies.

KurtFF8 wrote:You consistently only oppose the anti-Israel protests and don't mind the police violence against them or the violent and racist counter demonstrators who attack the anti-Israel (aka anti apartheid) protests.


I actually said I was happy with seeing violent pro-Israel protesters at places like UCLA being arrested too.

If you disagree, prove otherwise. Quote me.

KurtFF8 wrote:Non response.


On the contrary, it's the truth. I'm still waiting for you to show how the footage is false.

KurtFF8 wrote:More blatant lies by you. It's so sad that you have to keep making things up instead of bringing up things that Leftists actual think. It shows how pathetic your argument is.


Not a lie, simply a reality. Even the rhetoric against Israel and Jews is the same.

It's not my fault you're objectively allied with neonazis on this topic.
#15318621
wat0n wrote:Nonsense.

Those are protests that have been done yearly since 2005, with acceptance by schools. It's not a random one off thing.

The difference between the IAW and the encampments is that those were not disruptive of university operations like encampments are.


The IAW seems to have been a conference, not a protest. You're comparing apples to oranges here and are failing to make a coherent point. Also just because a protest is not violently repressed doesn't mean that an institution endorses or "accepts" it. This is quite obvious and it's sad that this needs to be spelled out for you.

Not at all.

You can still advocate for BDS, which is what freedom of expression is.

State governments have no reason to comply however. Their refusal to do so does not infringe on your right to demand them to.


As I said before, there are continued efforts to actually ban BDS as a form of expression. These efforts are supported by leaders in both of the ruling parties. And you yourself claimed that funding some BDS organizations is banned. Make up your mind.

Irrelevant, the examples are wholly applicable here.


You're just showing more than you're getting confused now.

I actually said I was happy with seeing violent pro-Israel protesters at places like UCLA being arrested too.

If you disagree, prove otherwise. Quote me.


How many pro-regime protesters have been arrested compared to the anti-regime protesters?

Not a lie, simply a reality. Even the rhetoric against Israel and Jews is the same.

It's not my fault you're objectively allied with neonazis on this topic.


A blatant lie. You continue to provide zero evidence to back this claim up. The reason you can't is because it doesn't exist and because you're lying.
#15318626
KurtFF8 wrote:The IAW seems to have been a conference, not a protest. You're comparing apples to oranges here and are failing to make a coherent point. Also just because a protest is not violently repressed doesn't mean that an institution endorses or "accepts" it. This is quite obvious and it's sad that this needs to be spelled out for you.


IAW is a protest. A yearly protest at that.

Colleges are clearly accepting those protests if they don't call the police to forbid them on campus grounds.

KurtFF8 wrote:As I said before, there are continued efforts to actually ban BDS as a form of expression. These efforts are supported by leaders in both of the ruling parties. And you yourself claimed that funding some BDS organizations is banned. Make up your mind.


Taxpayer funding of BDS is indeed banned in some states and that is their taxpayers' right to, is the entitlement of antisemitic leftist segregationists such that they expect taxpayers to fund their nonsense?

KurtFF8 wrote:You're just showing more than you're getting confused now.


No.

That post has examples of antisemitic leftists being violent and racist in several schools. You have yet to provide any counterargument to it.

KurtFF8 wrote:How many pro-regime protesters have been arrested compared to the anti-regime protesters?


How many pro-Israel protesters have gotten violent compared to pro-Palestine ones?

KurtFF8 wrote:A blatant lie. You continue to provide zero evidence to back this claim up. The reason you can't is because it doesn't exist and because you're lying.


I also provided examples, you have yet to show they are not applicable.
#15318627
wat0n wrote:IAW is a protest. A yearly protest at that.

Colleges are clearly accepting those protests if they don't call the police to forbid them on campus grounds.


From the Wiki

Israeli Apartheid Week (IAW) is an annual series of university lectures and rallies held in February or March.


So there are some rallies and lectures. Very different from the current protest movement. This isn't the major point you think it is

Taxpayer funding of BDS is indeed banned in some states and that is their taxpayers' right to, is the entitlement of antisemitic leftist segregationists such that they expect taxpayers to fund their nonsense?


There's no such thing as the "antisemitic left segregationists." You're just trying to throw out a bunch of curse words without meaning now. Another self own by you.

BDS has been under attack by the state for a long time now. Bizarre that you're denying this reality. Although you consistently deny reality so it's not surprising.

No.

That post has examples of antisemitic leftists being violent and racist in several schools. You have yet to provide any counterargument to it.


Another embarrassing post by you. Since you've started realizing that you have no point you're just resorting to petty name calling now.

How many pro-Israel protesters have gotten violent compared to pro-Palestine ones?


Significantly more. The pro-Palestinian protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful (as has been proven multiple times) yet they themselves have been under attack by the police and pro-Israel genocide apologists.

I also provided examples, you have yet to show they are not applicable.


Nope! You have not. Just a series of lies and self owns.
#15318630
KurtFF8 wrote:From the Wiki



So there are some rallies and lectures. Very different from the current protest movement. This isn't the major point you think it is


"Rallies" as in protests. Yes, it is different because they don't disrupt university operations.

Hence, they are not banned.

KurtFF8 wrote:There's no such thing as the "antisemitic left segregationists." You're just trying to throw out a bunch of curse words without meaning now. Another self own by you.

BDS has been under attack by the state for a long time now. Bizarre that you're denying this reality. Although you consistently deny reality so it's not surprising.


Yes, there are antisemitic left segregationists. It is clear when seeing how they attempt to limit the access of Jewish students to common areas college campuses, telling them just avoid "their" spaces - exactly like in segregation.

Refusing to use taxpayer money for BDS isn't "harassment". It seems that parasitism is common among the left.

KurtFF8 wrote:Another embarrassing post by you. Since you've started realizing that you have no point you're just resorting to petty name calling now.


No. I'm calling you out for your inability to show the examples I posted are false, and your insistence to deny leftist antisemitism.

KurtFF8 wrote:Significantly more. The pro-Palestinian protests have been overwhelmingly peaceful (as has been proven multiple times) yet they themselves have been under attack by the police and pro-Israel genocide apologists.


Zero proof of this.

Please post at least as many incidents of violence by pro-Israel protesters as I have done for pro-Palestine protesters. Furthermore, please prove evidence that pro-Israel protesters have killed anyone like pro-Palestine protesters have.

KurtFF8 wrote:Nope! You have not. Just a series of lies and self owns.


Still not beating the allegations of the tankie-neonazi alliance, because you can't.

Whining about how truths in footage form are lies doesn't cut it.
#15318636
wat0n wrote:Here's just another example of random antisemitic harassment by pro-Palestine individuals members of the tankie-neonazi alliance like @KurtFF8 support.

https://x.com/Doranimated/status/180301 ... glXEQ&s=19


FFS - people argue in the street in NY all the time, it's always like that. Why was the man even annoyed at the Jew? you have no idea why. This is typical zionist attention seeking, every time anyone disagrees with or argues with a Jew it is referred to as "antisemitism". If the film was started a few seconds alter all we'd see is a plump dark skinned man getting harassed and told "leave the neighborhood" and we'd call that racism.
#15318637
Sherlock Holmes wrote:FFS - people argue in the street in NY all the time, it's always like that. Why was the man even annoyed at the Jew? you have no idea why. This is typical zionist attention seeking, every time anyone disagrees with or argues with a Jew it is referred to as "antisemitism". If the film was started a few seconds alter all we'd see is a plump dark skinned man getting harassed and told "leave the neighborhood" and we'd call that racism.


People spit on old Jews all the time while saying they do it for Palestine in NYC?

Is that what you're trying to claim? :roll:

Also, is this something that "happens all the time" in NYC or you'll scream to heaven over it now that it is leftists who are in the receiving end of harassment?

https://x.com/mintgowonsgf/status/18025 ... z7xfA&s=19
Last edited by wat0n on 18 Jun 2024 16:14, edited 1 time in total.
  • 1
  • 49
  • 50
  • 51
  • 52
  • 53
  • 65

Who knows? They might just stay home. My sister i[…]

yes, 'Breaking up Moscow empire is the only way to[…]

The chart shows she is not unpopular amlng Democr[…]

The problem for Trump is that he kept lying even a[…]