Half (or maybe all) of new jobs have gone to illegal immigrants - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Rancid wrote:Which progressive leaning folks are ok with this? I also hope you are not insinuating I'm one of those.

Your point is valid, but it's besides what I stated. Let's also get real, the conservatives that are angry about this headline won't be made happy if it is made legal and put on the books.

No i'm not saying you're one of those. I don't consider you a progressive, more moderate or 90's/2000's liberal. There's lots of progressives that get mad any time the US tries to crack down on illegal immigration. The "safe cities" and "no one is illegal" types.

Progressives have started to morph into the far left. And progressives from the 90's/2000's are now considered more moderate like yourself. I was one of them, now i've moved a bit right of center socially but am moderate to slightly left-leaning economically. Jon Stewart and Bill Maher are now black sheep liberals in a sea of leftwing crazy in the media. This isn't good for America. Many conservatives also aren't good for America. Don't think i'd want to live in Alabama or California. I like the midwest, its filled with working class swing voters.

Some conservatives also have issues with the racial component of illegals, so they're basically anti-immigrant or even white nationalists. I would assume some on the right and the moderates/liberals would just generally prefer at least having a screening process for all migrants and the government having some control over the border.

Your last comment is getting to the heart of my point exactly. The capitalist system (i.e. corporate will) is focused on profit, and not to taking care of people. The focus is to exploit them. Illegal immigrants are the easiest to exploit. Hence, why we have what we have. However, many conservatives have been manipulated into looking away from that fact. More over, they have been manipulated into looking towards hating the people being exploited.

Agree. Economic conservatives are often useful idiots for the wealthy. Econo-cucks since Reagan.
MistyTiger wrote:It's way too easy to instill fear in people especially ignorant folks who don't understand what is exploitation and who is gaining from using illegal immigrants. Illegals accept lower pay than legal citizens that's one small part of the equation. Rancid and Unthinking have mentioned profits...bingo! Less spent in paying your labor force, you have more money in your pocket. This is a major reason for outsourcing to India and other poorer countries. It's all about money.

As an aside, the pickles at my local grocery store are all products of India. Am I racist for not wanting to eat them?

I'm fine with latin american fruit and I buy the clementine oranges from South Africa. I saw candy from turkey today. I'm mixed on that LOL.
Unthinking Majority wrote:As an aside, the pickles at my local grocery store are all products of India. Am I racist for not wanting to eat them?

I'm fine with latin american fruit and I buy the clementine oranges from South Africa. I saw candy from turkey today. I'm mixed on that LOL.

Ahaha. Did they smell like curry? Lol. If you're not sure about the quality, don't buy them.

Candy from turkey...hmm. I'd check the ingredients and check product reviews. I read labels for anything I'm uncertain of.

I don't like to speak with Indians if they have a heavy accent, like in those bollywood films. I have to ask them to repeat and spell out a few words. It's not too painful for me. But my parents hate it. Lol.

It's not. Trump needs to drop out because he's s[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Thats because these people can negotiate and ha[…]

Musk is an absolute fucking moron.

But will those White males vote Trump? That's wha[…]