Murder in the U.S. - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14778409
Suntzu wrote:Chose a single inaccuracy/lie/misrepresentation and we will examine it. :D


No. You can choose a single claim and support it.
User avatar
By Suntzu
#14778449
Certainly. From the FBI Uniform Crime Statistic Report 2015 there were 15326 murders in the U.S. of those the race of the murderer was known in 10,539 cases. Of those 5,620 were Black about 53%, 3,324 were White (non-Hispanic) about 32% and Hispanics 1,312 about 12%.

Blacks make up about 13% of the population and commit over half of the murders. :D
User avatar
By Stormsmith
#14778500
One Degree wrote:So you agree conservatives do not actually enter the sociology field

I have no idea how many graduating sociologists actually become sociologists. Of this field, I have no Idea how many are Democrats or independent, or Republicans, or the Silly Hat Party. Neither do you. You're speculating. Speculation aren't arguments.


Nonsense, you are only shredded by your peers when you go against the accepted ideology.

So it's safe to say you have never attended a symposium on sociology much less leafed through a collection of critical arguments.

Liberal lie. The records are easily obtainable and most local news media keep current and readily accessible records. Simply google crime by city and you will find maps, locations, names, pictures, and listings by race

These are thoroughly unreliable. From the Guardian, US Dec.15, 2016.


Controversy over the government’s lack of official data on killings by police was set off by the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, in August 2014. The death of Brown, an unarmed black 18-year-old, led to protests and riots in the town and across the US.

The FBI’s annual count of homicides by police, which depends on chiefs voluntarily submitting their numbers, was discredited after it became clear that the method was recording less than half of all killings nationwide.

Better data on killings and the use of force by police officers was strongly recommended by a White House taskforce on policing convened by Barack Obama following the unrest in Ferguson. More protests were sparked in Baltimore and other cities amid more questionable deaths of black men at the hands of police.

Reforms to data collection were announced last year after James Comey, the FBI director, said it was “unacceptable” that The Counted and a similar project by the Washington Post held better data on the issue than his own officials, a situation he said was “embarrassing and ridiculous”.

The Counted will draw to a close at the end of 2016 after working to record all deaths caused by law enforcement officers this year and in 2015. Readers continue to assist journalists in compiling the data by submitting tips or local media reports about deadly incidents.
User avatar
By One Degree
#14778554
"Stormsmith"]I have no idea how many graduating sociologists actually become sociologists. Of this field, I have no Idea how many are Democrats or independent, or Republicans, or the Silly Hat Party. Neither do you. You're speculating. Speculation aren't arguments.

No, this is not a secret. Here are just two of many such reports on the Liberal bias.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/08/scien ... .html?_r=0
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/4 ... -they-just




So it's safe to say you have never attended a symposium on sociology much less leafed through a collection of critical arguments.

No, it would not.

These are thoroughly unreliable. From the Guardian, US Dec.15, 2016.

I suggested you go to the actual city sites which are reliable and you say the Federal statistics are not reliable. :?: How does this make sense to you?
User avatar
By Suntzu
#14780368
Demographics of the U.S:

49% male, 51% Female

62% White, 18% Hispanic, 13% Black, 6% Asian

The demographics of murder in the U.S:

Victims:

79% male, 21% female

52% Black, 28% White, 16% Hispanic

Offenders:

89% Male, 21% Female

52% Black, 36% White, 12% Hispanic
#14807346
Suntzu wrote:Demographics of the U.S:

49% male, 51% Female

62% White, 18% Hispanic, 13% Black, 6% Asian

The demographics of murder in the U.S:

Victims:

79% male, 21% female

52% Black, 28% White, 16% Hispanic

Offenders:

89% Male, 21% Female

52% Black, 36% White, 12% Hispanic

Damn, males are fucking violent. We need to sterilize the lot of them so they don't spread their violent genes. They just can't control themselves, can they?
User avatar
By redcarpet
#15006668
The U.S violence continue to this day. We get news items here in Australia of U.S gun rampages and some vicious murders or car chases.

Of course that's just partly the media using violence/death for clicks, they do it with domestic news as well. Murders & traffic accidents(esp. fatal ones) dominate the news.

The high black death rate is also partly because of the racist rats in the U.S police departments. Thankfully the pressure is on for police to wear cameras. We know the story. White cop encounters a black suspect, 'feels threatened'/'saw a weapon', kills him, the corpse is inspected and is UNARMED!

We only know of incidents like this if it's caught on camera, like with Rodney King in 1991. otherwise it's these notorious incidents in a car, street, or police van where the suspect is dead despite a smooth arrest upon arrival to the nearest police station. We don't need more victims like Freddie Gray in Baltimore!
User avatar
By Suntzu
#15006670
How 'bout:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed an unarmed Australian woman in July was booked into jail Tuesday on charges of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in Tuesday after a warrant was issued for his arrest. He shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond, a 40-year-old life coach, on July 15 minutes after she called 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home. Damond’s death drew international attention, cost the police chief her job and forced major revisions to the department’s policy on body cameras.
User avatar
By redcarpet
#15006672
Suntzu wrote:How 'bout:

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A Minneapolis police officer who shot and killed an unarmed Australian woman in July was booked into jail Tuesday on charges of third-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter.

Officer Mohamed Noor turned himself in Tuesday after a warrant was issued for his arrest. He shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond, a 40-year-old life coach, on July 15 minutes after she called 911 to report a possible sexual assault in the alley behind her home. Damond’s death drew international attention, cost the police chief her job and forced major revisions to the department’s policy on body cameras.


That kind of reversal is rare though, as it's usually a white officer killing a black or Latino 'suspect'
User avatar
By Suntzu
#15006678
redcarpet wrote:That kind of reversal is rare though, as it's usually a white officer killing a black or Latino 'suspect'


Probably because most criminals are Black or Latino, U.S. prison population about 50% Black, 25% Hispanic and 25% White.
#15006865
Suntzu wrote:Probably because most criminals are Black or Latino, U.S. prison population about 50% Black, 25% Hispanic and 25% White.


No it's not, most U.S crime is committed by whites, 82% a few years ago. There's a gross disproportionate arrest of non-whites vs. the ratio of totality of crimes they commit. Which is part of the problem
User avatar
By Suntzu
#15006901
redcarpet wrote:No it's not, most U.S crime is committed by whites, 82% a few years ago. There's a gross disproportionate arrest of non-whites vs. the ratio of totality of crimes they commit. Which is part of the problem


Let's look at FBI UCR for 2017. Total crimes 8,162, 849. Whites 4,435, 469, Blacks 2,221,697, Hispanic 1,190,671. Looks like 54% White, 27% Black, 16% Hispanic % Asian. You might want to take a dump. It appears that fecal mater is backing up clouding your though process.

I'd heard the same about the broken bones, but it[…]

Aesthetic Judgment

Indeed, it is an illusion that so thoroughly seper[…]

The hypocrisy is that you've repeatedly accused me[…]

Trump's Dumb Economics

A study from researchers at Harvard, the Universit[…]