Trump's Dumb Economics - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15026510
Hindsite wrote:Those are just scare tactics to get people to blow their money on gold and silver.

Absolutely, stock market dropping 800 points in one day is obviously liberal fake news. Even if it did happen Donald has already passed the buck and blamed it on the Fed. We can rest assured that his easy to win trade war and imposing his trademark strategy of creating chaos is doing just fine.

ps: Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act, formally United States Tariff Act of 1930, also called Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act, U.S. legislation (June 17, 1930) that raised import duties to protect American businesses and farmers, adding considerable strain to the international economic climate of the Great Depression. Within two years some two dozen countries adopted similar “beggar-thy-neighbour” duties, making worse an already beleaguered world economy and reducing global trade. Smoot-Hawley was signed into law by Herbert Hoover who was renowned for his ability as a business man :eek: .

2019 is coming to resemble 1929 more with each passing day ………...
#15026517
jimjam wrote:Absolutely, stock market dropping 800 points in one day is obviously liberal fake news. Even if it did happen Donald has already passed the buck and blamed it on the Fed. We can rest assured that his easy to win trade war and imposing his trademark strategy of creating chaos is doing just fine.

ps: Smoot-Hawley Tariff Act, formally United States Tariff Act of 1930, also called Hawley-Smoot Tariff Act, U.S. legislation (June 17, 1930) that raised import duties to protect American businesses and farmers, adding considerable strain to the international economic climate of the Great Depression. Within two years some two dozen countries adopted similar “beggar-thy-neighbour” duties, making worse an already beleaguered world economy and reducing global trade. Smoot-Hawley was signed into law by Herbert Hoover who was renowned for his ability as a business man :eek: .

2019 is coming to resemble 1929 more with each passing day ………...

Just more fake scare tactics.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15026532
Hey @HindsiteEven your Faux News is reporting it so maybe take your head out the sand, and face reality. Most of the things you call fake news are real, and you're just covering for your god, Trump.

Dow plummets 800 points on worsening global recession fears
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us- ... ug-14-2019
#15026534
Godstud wrote:Hey @HindsiteEven your Faux News is reporting it so maybe take your head out the sand, and face reality. Most of the things you call fake news are real, and you're just covering for your god, Trump.

Dow plummets 800 points on worsening global recession fears
https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/us- ... ug-14-2019


Hindsite is wrong, but I think making the assumption that this is bad news for Trump is a mistake as well. You think that things have gotten ugly? You haven't seen anything yet.
#15026537
Godstud wrote:You most certainly are a zealot, and you sure as hell don't have to be stupid about it.

Ad hominem returned. :D

I know what successful business looks like. Given Trump's start, he should be well over $10 billion mark, after almost 50 years. :knife:


You don't know shit.

Trump has over 500 companies.

If six of them go under that's a spectacularly successful record.

Only a complete fucking idiot would suggest otherwise...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15026538
Owning a lot of companies does not make one a good businessman, it merely makes one prolific, and since YOU know shit, I am going to ignore your stupid remarks, as one does from an uneducated child.

6 of his BIGGEST companies went tits-up.

Your ad hominems are extremely childish, but when I consider the course, I suppose I can dismiss it. :lol:

Remember, when Trump pisses on you, it's "rain". ;)
Last edited by Godstud on 15 Aug 2019 07:59, edited 1 time in total.
#15026539
Godstud wrote:Owning a lot of companies does not make one a good businessman, it merely makes one prolific, and since YOU know shit, I am going to ignore your stupid remarks, as one does from an uneducated child.

6 of his BIGGEST companies went tits-up.

Your ad hominems are childish, but when I consider the course, I suppose I can dismiss it.

Trump-sucker


Like I said, only a complete fucking idiot would suggest otherwise.

Please provide evidence that they were six of his largest companies...
Last edited by BigSteve on 15 Aug 2019 08:00, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
By Godstud
#15026540
You have no argument, only childish remarks. How old are you pretending to be, again? Palmyrene, the self-professed 15 year old make more cogent arguments, than you. You merely recite what Trump has told you and suck at Trump's Teat of Ignorance.

I posted the information. if you are either too stupid or too lazy to read them, then that's your problem.
Last edited by Godstud on 15 Aug 2019 08:02, edited 1 time in total.
#15026541
Godstud wrote:You have no argument, only childish remarks. How old are you pretending to be, again?


Back up your claims.

Less than 2% of the guy's businesses filed for Chapter 11. That's FAR below the average.

But you act as if it's the worst fucking thing since fried liverwurst...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15026542
2%. can you provide evidence that a $1.2 billion hotel/casino that went bankrupt constituted only 2% of Trump's holdings?

Doubt it. You've provided nothing but bullshit and trump-worshiping garbage, so far.
#15026543
Godstud wrote:2%. can you provide evidence that a $1.2 billion hotel/casino that went bankrupt constituted only 2% of Trump's holdings?


I never said that it did, so stop lying.

What I said is that 6 businesses out of 500 is 1.2% Six businesses equals 1.2% of 500.

Doubt it. You've provided nothing but bullshit and trump-worshiping garbage, so far.


I love that I don't have to make you look ridiculously fucking foolish. You do that all by yourself!
User avatar
By Godstud
#15026544
Your idea of a good businessman is one who has one of his businesses go bankrupt every few years. My idea of a good businessman is one who never goes bankrupt, because he's on top of things. Difference of opinion, but stating that Trump is a good businessman is pure opinion, and not backed up by facts.

Having your biggest businesses going bankrupt is not the sign of a good businessman. That his trivial little companies don't go out of business doesn't mean he's good at business, either, even if you want to look at one minor statistic 6/500. :roll:
#15026583
Godstud wrote:Your idea of a good businessman is one who has one of his businesses go bankrupt every few years. My idea of a good businessman is one who never goes bankrupt, because he's on top of things. Difference of opinion, but stating that Trump is a good businessman is pure opinion, and not backed up by facts.

Having your biggest businesses going bankrupt is not the sign of a good businessman. That his trivial little companies don't go out of business doesn't mean he's good at business, either, even if you want to look at one minor statistic 6/500. :roll:


Well, look. I know you're unable to acknowledge that he's a successful businessman. You're not allowed to say anything positive about him.

All of his bankruptcies were casino related. Casinos took an industry-wide hit, and others failed around the same time as his.

You're acting as those six businesses were the only significant businesses he had, and that's just a monumentally ridiculous position to take. Calling 6 out of 500 a "minor statistic" shows just how divorced from reality you are.

He's successful and rich, and you're not, and you're jealous...
User avatar
By Godstud
#15026590
:lol: I'm not jealous of a guy whose daddy gave him tons of money. I'm merely pointing out to you that he's not a good businessman, and you think it's due to "feelings", when I've actually presented facts. You typically do this, and it's getting a bit old.... along with your ad hominems every post.

Trump's a shit human being and had he not been given hundreds of millions of bucks by his daddy, he'd be in the poor-house.
#15026603
Whatever money Trump got from his father and family, he effectively lost.
The only reason Trump is still rich, as far as I view it, is because he launders money for a commission.
I've seen and heard of many who do this, and anyone who ever goes to Baalbek and spends some time would know that there are literally agencies there for people who're looking for money launderers in foreign countries, and spending some time talking to these people who work in this domain would see how Trump fits the profile of a launderer who gets commissions for cleaning drugs, arms, or trafficking money and getting it into the country he\she resides in.

This is a personal opinion, and I don't have any evidence to support it, I know; But this is my personal view and it seems to fit reality.
#15026606
Godstud wrote::lol: I'm not jealous of a guy whose daddy gave him tons of money. I'm merely pointing out to you that he's not a good businessman, and you think it's due to "feelings", when I've actually presented facts. You typically do this, and it's getting a bit old.... along with your ad hominems every post.


Please, whine elsewhere.

Saying he's not a good businessman is stupid. It's probably the most stupid thing you'll ever post to the internet. Your "facts" are betrayed by the FACT that only around 1.2% of his businesses have filed for bankruptcy, and in an industry that was pretty much hit across the board. His other business ventures haven't required bankruptcy protection, but you don't want to talk about that and, instead, stupidly try to dismiss them as "trivial little companies"...

Trump's a shit human being...


And there it is. I knew it wouldn't take long for the true motivation for your vitriol came drooling out...

...and had he not been given hundreds of millions of bucks by his daddy, he'd be in the poor-house.


A wholly unsupported, and uneducated, opinion...
Last edited by BigSteve on 15 Aug 2019 17:38, edited 1 time in total.
#15026608
anasawad wrote:Whatever money Trump got from his father and family, he effectively lost.
The only reason Trump is still rich, as far as I view it, is because he launders money for a commission.
I've seen and heard of many who do this, and anyone who ever goes to Baalbek and spends some time would know that there are literally agencies there for people who're looking for money launderers in foreign countries, and spending some time talking to these people who work in this domain would see how Trump fits the profile of a launderer who gets commissions for cleaning drugs, arms, or trafficking money and getting it into the country he\she resides in.

This is a personal opinion, and I don't have any evidence to support it, I know; But this is my personal view and it seems to fit reality.


"It's called OPM. I do that all the time in business. It's called other people's money. There's nothing like doing things with other people's money because it takes the risk." The Fat Guy

Whispers of money laundering have swirled around Donald Trump’s businesses for years. One of his casinos, for example, was fined $10 million for not trying hard enough to prevent such machinations. Investors with shady financial histories sometimes popped up in his foreign ventures. Anti-money-laundering specialists at Deutsche Bank internally flagged multiple transactions by Trump companies as suspicious. (A spokesperson for the Trump Organization called the article “absolute nonsense.” Well, I guess that nails it :lol: .)

The German bank loaned a cumulative total of around $2.5 billion to Trump projects over the past two decades, and the bank continued writing him nine-figure checks even after he defaulted on a $640 million obligation and sued the bank, blaming it for his failure to pay back the debt.

annatar1914 wrote:You haven't seen anything yet.


Correct. It will be so much fun to watch Fatso and his constituents down at The Club take a bath. Unfortunately all the suckers who voted him in will also be taking baths , unlike Donald's Billionaire Best Friends Forever who will have a few billion left after dropping a few billion.
#15026610
jimjam wrote:"It's called OPM. I do that all the time in business. It's called other people's money. There's nothing like doing things with other people's money because it takes the risk."


That's actually some rather astute business acumen.

I've "flipped" both commercial and residential real estate for years, and I've rarely had to invest my own money in a property...
  • 1
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68
  • 69
Gun discussion

The perception of defense I didn't buy it for de[…]

EU-BREXIT

Corbyn just wants to be PM. He doesn't have a ho[…]

The Evolution Fraud

The Genesis Theory - (Part 1) https://www.youtu[…]

Dude, it's called a smartphone. Lol. Posting wh[…]