Would this solution work to control banks lending to people & corps and so creating *too much* cash? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Everything from personal credit card debt to government borrowing debt.

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

@Crantag,
Please respond to my last reply to you.
Is it just that I can't respond on your high level of knowledge about academic economics? And instead I assert that what is in the mind s of the people and politicians (when they talk to the voters) is what matters and not what academic economists believe in their ivory towers.
Truth To Power wrote:No, mainstream theory confirms that taxation of a factor in fixed supply, like land, is non-distortionary up to the full rental value.

That is a one line post.
And like many such post, it is hard to understand your point.
So, it seems you're saying that some taxes are non-distortionary. Specifically those that tax things that exist in a fixed supply. Are there any others than land? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Not that I give a rats ass about any conclusion of "mainstream" economists.
As I see it right now there are 3 main economic theories.
MMT, Neo-liberalism, and Keynesian economics are the 3. Which one is mainstream now?
Steve_American wrote:So, it seems you're saying that some taxes are non-distortionary. Specifically those that tax things that exist in a fixed supply. Are there any others than land? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

There are some. Broadcast spectrum, taxi medallions, etc.
MMT, Neo-liberalism, and Keynesian economics are the 3. Which one is mainstream now?

What you call neo-liberalism is supported by mainstream neoclassical economics.

There's a fundamental difference in terms of the […]

Close, but that is also incorrect. You are incor[…]

How ISIS replenishes its ranks

@anasawad I'm going to start listing scholars […]

“We describe our psychological experience in term[…]