Trump, Oh my god ! - Page 65 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15066208
late wrote:And yet you posted that idiocy.

It is a fact whether you like it or not.
HalleluYah
User avatar
By Drlee
#15066239
Well the man has no filters. He proclaimed today about the Corona Virus:

"We have it totally under control,” Trump told CNBC. “It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control.”


Absolutely false.

“We do have a plan, and we think it’s going to be handled very well,” the president told reporters. “I think China’s in very good shape also.”


Absolutely false.

China is in terrible shape. The entire production of the country is virtually shut down. People are dying and the death toll is going up rapidly and there is no end in site. China is in crisis and there is simply no way that anyone in the world could consider them "in good shape".


This simply defies belief.
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15066244
Drlee wrote:China is in terrible shape. The entire production of the country is virtually shut down. People are dying and the death toll is going up rapidly and there is no end in site. China is in crisis and there is simply no way that anyone in the world could consider them "in good shape".

We'll have to wait until April to know. So just calm down in the meantime.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15066245
We'll have to wait until April to know. So just calm down in the meantime.


You really have to improve your trolling. Just making idiotic statements does not do it. You have to maintain at least a semblance of intelligence to be a good troll.

If Trump is wrong you may not be here to see what happens in April. And for the record. I have forgotten more about epidemiology that Trump will ever know.
By Patrickov
#15066259
Drlee wrote:China is in terrible shape. The entire production of the country is virtually shut down. People are dying and the death toll is going up rapidly and there is no end in site. China is in crisis and there is simply no way that anyone in the world could consider them "in good shape".

This simply defies belief.



I agree that Trump's description does not fit in the situation at all, but I rather think it is a necessary lie.

I mean, Trump will have to take up a lot more responsibility than he does now (what he needs to do now is simply shut down the border against Chinese and make aggressive screening, something he verbally advocates all the time, albeit against other groups of people) if he declares that China is in trouble (as the current situation is). In my opinion he is simply not up to it.

The Religious Member is right that we ultimately need to wait and see what happens afterwards. Even those most staunchly anti-China Hongkongers do not act in that direction hastily unless it is their (and our) lives under threat.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15067628
Any corporation with a CEO, executive staff and administration this out of control would have lost 99% of its share value.

Trump has reduced the United States of America share value - previously trading at $10,000 a share - to a penny stock.

Heckuva' job, GOP.
By Atlantis
#15068112
Carnival season is about to open in Germany. Last year, we had theme wagons with Trump taking it in the behind from a Russian bear. This year, there is Emperor Trump who wants to see Capitol Hill burn while twittering:

Image
User avatar
By jimjam
#15068362
So the fake billionaire who is not that bright takes on the wealthiest billionaire in the world who is a genius. My money is on Bezos.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15068363
jimjam wrote:So the fake billionaire who is not that bright takes on the wealthiest billionaire in the world who is a genius. My money is on Bezos.


I wouldn't be so sure of that. Trump wields a lot of power simply by stepping over traditional norms and customs presidents historically stick to. I think he's done a great job exposing how presidential powers aren't really limited by law, but by custom/ethics.

Overall, I'd like to see presidential powers explicitly limited by law, to prevent another dummy like Trump from doing stupid shit. Technically, we elect the congress, so effectively, taking power away from the president, gives the power to the people.
#15068368
Rancid wrote:I wouldn't be so sure of that. Trump wields a lot of power simply by stepping over traditional norms and customs presidents historically stick to. I think he's done a great job exposing how presidential powers aren't really limited by law, but by custom/ethics.

Overall, I'd like to see presidential powers explicitly limited by law, to prevent another dummy like Trump from doing stupid shit. Technically, we elect the congress, so effectively, taking power away from the president, gives the power to the people.


Rancid:

Consider this post as **liked**
By Rich
#15068371
jimjam wrote:Any corporation with a CEO, executive staff and administration this out of control would have lost 99% of its share value.

Trump has reduced the United States of America share value - previously trading at $10,000 a share - to a penny stock.

Heckuva' job, GOP.

I'm sorry but you do seem to live in a pathetic fantasy world. Far from collapsing, the dollar has rise significant under Trump's watch. Maybe some other candidate would have made a better President, but I'm struggling to see one area of policy where there has been some dramatic turn for the worse under Trump. I didn't support his tax cuts for example, but I fail to see how they were some kind of unique exceptional extremism unheard of in the world today.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15068383
Rich wrote:I'm sorry but you do seem to live in a pathetic fantasy world.


Is the dollar "strong" due to the health of the American economy or the lack of health of other world wide economies? Both I suspect. Use of the dollar's strength by itself to gage the strength of an economy is only accomplished by folks living in a pathetic fantasy world.

Total U.S. household debt reached a record $14.15 trillion at the end of the year after increasing by $193 billion, or 1.4%, in the fourth quarter of 2019, according to the Fed’s Quarterly Report on Household Debt and Credit. Household-level debt and credit records drawn from anonymized Equifax credit data,” noted that total household debt is now nominally $1.5 trillion higher than the pre-recession peak of $12.68 trillion in the third quarter of 2008. As wealth in America continues to flow to the top 1%, average Americans are relying increasingly on debt to pay their living expenses.

Student debt is a big issue in the 2020 presidential campaign for an obvious reason: There’s a lot of it—about $1.5 trillion, up from $250 billion in 2004.

As a Republican presidential candidate, Trump said he would eliminate the national debt in eight years, which was $19 trillion in 2016 ….. it's $23 trillion today …

Eventually debt growing rapidly, as it currently is, will lead to a crash/correction. 2+2=4 regardless of what self serving lies/distortions politicians serve up to the rabid masses.
By Rich
#15068392
jimjam wrote:Use of the dollar's strength by itself to gage the strength of an economy is only accomplished by folks living in a pathetic fantasy world.

I'm not using this to prove that the America economy's state is awesome, I was just using it to disprove this:
Trump has reduced the United States of America share value - previously trading at $10,000 a share - to a penny stock.

Trump has certainly had a marked effect on public discourse. I'm not saying that Trump has been brilliant. I'm not saying their definitely won't be some kind of disaster, if Trump is given another 4 years. I'm just saying that America does not seem dramatically different to what it was 4 years ago. Its like Brexit. I was a strong Remainer, but when the endless predictions of Brexit catastrophe keep failing to happen, it starts to undermine the Remainer case.

The same goes for your anti Trump hyperbola. I can totally see why many people would not want to see Trump normalised. Well for good or for bad that train has left the station.
User avatar
By Drlee
#15068471
Student debt is a big issue in the 2020 presidential campaign for an obvious reason: There’s a lot of it—about $1.5 trillion, up from $250 billion in 2004.


Yes. We are requiring students to go into hock to pay for something that we are all being taxed for in the first place.
User avatar
By jimjam
#15069588
Ahead of Donald's visit to India he claims he will be welcomed by an adoring crowd of 10,000,000 as he visits a city with a total population of 8,000,000. Has anyone heard recently how Donald's plan to restore America's infrastructure is doing :?: ?
User avatar
By Hindsite
#15069726
Drlee wrote:Yes. We are requiring students to go into hock to pay for something that we are all being taxed for in the first place.

Why are the colleges and universities charging the students so much? Could it be greed?
#15069738
Hindsite wrote:Why are the colleges and universities charging the students so much? Could it be greed?
In some sense research is something that does require extensive funding, and tuition fee is a way to pay for it.

For me, this is partially greed, and frankly the greed goes two-way: Academic people's greed to grab research money and students' greed (or societal pressure) to boost up their academic records.
  • 1
  • 63
  • 64
  • 65
  • 66
  • 67
  • 68

It's terrible that SC votes so often go along the […]

Two tales of the pandemic: On the pandemic Trump[…]

@QatzelOk , we are really veering off topic here.[…]

Another one from Kazakhstan?

Well, I'm at work so I can only share two links: […]