Are you legally allowed to keep money you find that someone else lost? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Crime and prevention thereof. Loopholes, grey areas and the letter of the law.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I think you can keep the money without being charged and it's really cumbersome to report it to the police unless it's worth more than hundred thousand dollars. But I got my money back that I dropped in a university dorm in Australia, where this kind of good behaviour is least expected. Someone found it at the reception just after I left.
I think most American jurisdictions place a burden upon the finder to make a good-faith attempt to identify the owner of found property (including cash) before keeping it for yourself. For significant sums of money, the police may have to be involved, depending on local law.

Note that keeping lost property isn't necessarily a criminal matter (although it could be in some places, I imagine) - it's more likely civil. If the true owner can show that he merely lost his property, rather than abandoned it, he or she can come back and sue you to recover it.

Getting back on topic.... Yet another example of[…]

They sound like a bunch of reactionaries against […]

EU-BREXIT

Also worth pondering is Labour's vote share by soc[…]

Election 2020

That is what is required when social Democrats ar[…]