Ocasio-Cortez Makes Cuomo Look Dumb For 'How Do You Pay' Question, 8 min. - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#14987167
Hindsite wrote:The point is that increasing the minimum wage by government force hurts Small businesses and results in layoffs of workers.
That assertion has proven to be false. You've simply been told that so much that you think it's true, when it's not.

Research Shows Minimum Wage Increases Do Not Cause Job Loss
Extensive research refutes the claim that increasing the minimum wage causes increased unemployment and business closures.
Numerous states raised their minimum wages higher than the federal level during the 1997-2007 period the federal minimum wage remained stuck at $5.15. Research by the Fiscal Policy Institute and others showed that states that raised their minimum wages above the federal level experienced better employment and small business trends than states that did not.

In the 2015 report, Minimum Wage Policy and the Resulting Effect on Employment, the research institute Integrity Florida observes, "Economists cite several reasons why increases in the minimum wage, which raise employers’ cost, generally do not cost jobs. Increased pay adds money to workers’ pocketbooks and allows them to buy more goods and services, creating higher demand, which in turn requires hiring more workers. The higher wage may make it easier to attract applicants and results in less turnover of workers, lowering costs of employers." They report, "Our examination of employment statistics in states found no evidence of employment loss in states that have increased the minimum wage and more evidence that suggests employment increases faster when there is an increase in the minimum wage."

https://www.businessforafairminimumwage ... e-job-loss
#14987203
Godstud wrote:That assertion has proven to be false. You've simply been told that so much that you think it's true, when it's not.

Research Shows Minimum Wage Increases Do Not Cause Job Loss
Extensive research refutes the claim that increasing the minimum wage causes increased unemployment and business closures.
Numerous states raised their minimum wages higher than the federal level during the 1997-2007 period the federal minimum wage remained stuck at $5.15. Research by the Fiscal Policy Institute and others showed that states that raised their minimum wages above the federal level experienced better employment and small business trends than states that did not.

In the 2015 report, Minimum Wage Policy and the Resulting Effect on Employment, the research institute Integrity Florida observes, "Economists cite several reasons why increases in the minimum wage, which raise employers’ cost, generally do not cost jobs. Increased pay adds money to workers’ pocketbooks and allows them to buy more goods and services, creating higher demand, which in turn requires hiring more workers. The higher wage may make it easier to attract applicants and results in less turnover of workers, lowering costs of employers." They report, "Our examination of employment statistics in states found no evidence of employment loss in states that have increased the minimum wage and more evidence that suggests employment increases faster when there is an increase in the minimum wage."

https://www.businessforafairminimumwage ... e-job-loss

That research just proves that changing the minimum wage should be left to either the employer or in some cases the states that can handle it. Some states can not handle the same minimum wage increase as other states. What I earlier stated has proven to be true in many cases. Increasing the Federal minimum wage results in inflation.

On September 15, 2017, the Department of Labor published a notice in the Federal Register to announce that, beginning January 1, 2018, the Executive Order 13658 minimum wage rate is increased to $10.35 per hour (82 FR 43408). This Executive Order minimum wage rate generally must be paid to workers performing work on or in connection with covered federal contracts. Additionally, beginning January 1, 2018, tipped employees performing work on or in connection with covered contracts generally must be paid a minimum cash wage of $7.25 per hour.

New research reveals one of the bad things about a higher minimum wage

Many low-wage workers lost coverage following the minimum-wage increase. There were also negative spillovers, with hikes in the minimum wage reducing coverage for people who were low paid, but still earned more than the minimum wage.

Overall, the study estimates that the increase in pay was not enough to make up for the value of lost healthcare cover, leaving workers worse off.

https://qz.com/1285119/minimum-wage/
#14987417
Godstud wrote:Yes, more knowdgeable people do have the SAME opinion, as I do, because it's backed by facts. That the states where it has been mandated are doing better, only proves this.

The facts in Thailand does not count to the knowledgeable people in Georgia, USA.
#14987437
Stormsmith wrote:This "Thailand" business is getting old. We all access, or have access to the same articles. Based on that, your next door neighbour could post the exact same thing.

Godstud is not even close to being my next door neighbor and I am sure he can't watch FOX news in Thailand.
#14987448
Hindsite wrote:Godstud is not even close to being my next door neighbor and I am sure he can't watch FOX news in Thailand.
You sure are making a stupid assumption. I get every television station in the world(I get every news station from the USA, every entertainment station, and every sports station). Your assumption is based on your own ethnocentrism, and as a distraction. I likely get better internet than you do, too.

Now, can you make an argument instead of saying that my location makes a lick of difference? I could make the same statement seeing as Georgians uneducated boors. It'd be just as reasonable, and just as truthful. :D
#14987514
Godstud wrote:You sure are making a stupid assumption. I get every television station in the world(I get every news station from the USA, every entertainment station, and every sports station). Your assumption is based on your own ethnocentrism, and as a distraction. I likely get better internet than you do, too.

Now, can you make an argument instead of saying that my location makes a lick of difference? I could make the same statement seeing as Georgians uneducated boors. It'd be just as reasonable, and just as truthful. :D

If you get FOX News, you should watch it for your own education about what is going on in the USA before you start make such stupid comments.
#14987585
Godstud wrote::lol: @Hindsite You watch Fox News for entertainment, not news.

My comments are smarter than the ones you make. :D You base yours on some sort of cultish adoration of Trump

My comments are smarter, because my comments are based on truth, not your fake news propaganda.
#14987633
People who argue with Hindsite should remember the recent thread [in Economics and Capitlism, IIRC] where 3 of us tried to convince him that when banks make loans they create the dollars or euros out of thin air. We [I] provided links to 2 articles to prove our case.
1] An article by the Bank of England where it said as much.
2] An article about an experiment in 2014 where several economics looked over the shoulder of German bankers as they processed a 200,000 euro loan to the Prof. The conclusion was the bank just created the euros.

He kept arguing for another day and then disappeared. I never saw that he accepted that he had been wrong at the top of his voice for days.

He also was arguing that the 10% Reserve requirement is more restrictive than it is. We showed him the math a few times in different ways and he never groked it.
He is blinded by his desire to believe Trump et all.
#14987713
JohnRawls wrote:AOC seems to be a decent human being for a change. May be it is because she is unusually young for congress.


I think she's going to help get Trump re-elected. I think Trump and Republicans will use her as a stawman to attack, and it will work. I'm saying they will use her as a strawman because she's not running for president, but they will probably use the stuff she say's to attack whoever the democratic presidential candidate is.

Further, she was brushed off by democrats themselves when she proposed her new green deal. Democrats are too busy fighting each other, and Republicans will take advantage of this once again.
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

Xi isn’t all-powerful and has to carry the Party […]

Trump's Dumb Economics

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Com[…]

Yes. The antisemites have congregated in this thr[…]

When do soldiers commit politically motivated vi[…]