Israeli Early Election on 9th April - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in Israel, Gaza and the West Bank.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one-line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
#14998494
Zionist Nationalist wrote:Thats true but we dont have anyone to take his place thats the sad truth

The leftists have proven that they have no identity and nothing to offer they voted for a centrist party of Gantz only to put sticks under bibis wheels
and failed once again and the most embarrasing thing is that the closing polls predicted a tie or a slight advantage for Gantz and he made a speech about how he is going to be the prime minister of everybody and blah blah but after 2 hours of voting counts everything was clear and he ridiculed himself

its not the first time its happening when leftists celebrate early only to discover after a few hours that they actually lost it happened in 1996,2009,2015 and now in 2019


In fact that's also how Brexit (process) started and Trump got the chance of making America great again.

Apparently, the leftists (or to some anti-communist and anti-classic-democrat Hongkongers, 'Left Dickheads') never learn.
#14998631
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Israeli_legislative_election

Bibi's got through. Both the Centre & Left wiped. Labor crashed losing 14 seats to 5! Likud even gained seats (5 up from 30) which surprised me.

The victory (hopefully Bibi's last & gets thrown in jail in a few months) was boosted quite significantly by Israel's new right-wing youth.

“There could be a leftist government here,” she said. “We have so many hopes and dreams. We have hoped for a secure future, to return governance and sovereignty from the legal activism that’s strangling us, and those leftist nonprofits that end up making the most important decisions here.”

Golan, an incoming legislator for Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud party, will be one of the youngest members of the Knesset at age 32. She has spent years protesting against African asylum seekers in her Tel Aviv neighborhood. In 2017, she said “A Palestinian state is a terror state.” She has appeared on Fox News’ “Hannity” and criticized Hillary Clinton.

In other words, Golan is staunchly right wing. She’s also a lot like many Israeli Jews of her generation.
While American millennials have a reputation for liberal politics, young Israeli Jews have gone the opposite direction over time. For at least the past 10 years, these voters have identified as right wing at much higher levels than their parents.

“There are young people who like Netanyahu’s ideology,” Eli Hazan, a Likud campaign spokesman, told the Jewish Telegraphic Agency. “They see the diplomatic achievements of Netanyahu and believe in him. Those are the facts and that’s the reality.”

In addition to Likud, Israel’s youngest Jewish voters — they are increasingly Orthodox due to high birth rates in the haredi Orthodox and religious communities — likely helped Israel’s two haredi parties pick up three additional Knesset seats (for a total of 16) in Tuesday’s election. Other right-wing parties likely benefited from the younger, more religious vote as well.
Younger voters in Israel have been disproportionately right-wing for a while.

The trend might have to do with the events that shaped their formative years. An 18-year-old Israeli wasn’t alive during the heyday of the peace process in the 1990s, nor when the Israeli left last won an election, in 1999.

Young Israelis grew up during the second intifada, which saw hundreds of Israelis killed in suicide bombings. The aftermath of the 2005 disengagement from Gaza, which occurred when this group was between 4 to 20 years old, has led many young Jewish Israelis to resent any leader who is willing to cede any more land currently under Israeli control. Since some of this group has served in the army, successive wars in Gaza have only hardened that perception.

“They were born after the Oslo process started, they were exposed to the bloodshed during the second intifada, they are coming right after military service,” Hermann told JTA.

Hazan, the Likud spokesman, said that “people who grew up in the middle of the Al-Aqsa intifada don’t trust the Palestinians, don’t believe in peace. They really want there to be peace, but there is no partner.”

For younger religious Zionist voters in particular, the disengagement, which displaced some 8,000 Jewish settlers, “was considered an absolutely devastating moment that they’ve vowed never to return to,” Dahlia Scheindlin, an Israeli political analyst and a public opinion expert, told JTA.

“The general narrative is, we gave up this land, they sent rockets in return,” Scheindlin said. “The national religious have considered it a national trauma ever since then.”

Scheindlin said that what younger voters haven’t experienced might matter even more.
“There’s been no peace process, no handshakes, no agreements,” she said. “Any negotiations have been zero-expectation negotiations.”
But along with being children of the conflict, this cohort is shaped by their religiosity. A larger percentage of young Israelis is haredi Orthodox and religious Zionist than in previous generations, and religious Jewish Israelis tend to be more right wing.
“[How religious you are] is the best predictor of whether someone is left, right or center,” Scheindlin said. And the age divide is growing, she added, “given that religious people have more children and higher population growth.”


I'm not surprised with the overall outcome, just the increased Likud gain.
#14998634
redcarpet wrote:[url]Bibi's got through. Both the Centre & Left wiped. Labor crashed losing 14 seats to 5! Likud even gained seats (5 up from 30) which surprised me.

The victory (hopefully Bibi's last & gets thrown in jail in a few months) was boosted quite significantly by Israel's new right-wing youth.

I'm not surprised with the overall outcome, just the increased Likud gain.

This appears to open the way for peace talks and building the third temple. The Sanhedrin has urged Jerusalem's newly elected mayor, Moshe Lion, to rebuild the temple.
Last edited by Hindsite on 11 Apr 2019 05:31, edited 1 time in total.
#14998640
Hindsite wrote:This appears to open the way for peace talks and building the third temple. Jerusalem is heading into a mayoral election next week and the Sanhedrin urged both running candidates, Ofer Berkovich and Moshe Lion, to rebuild the temple.



Oh, goody! It'll be awesome to see an old Temple rebuilt that will institute worthless and sinful sacrifices in direct mockery of Christ's sacrifice for sin on the cross! Maybe wars will start to kill almost all mankind and so before that, before you do any suffering yourself like unsaved sinners, you'll catch the rapture bus so that you won't ever see death! :eh: :roll:
#14998649
annatar1914 wrote:Oh, goody! It'll be awesome to see an old Temple rebuilt that will institute worthless and sinful sacrifices in direct mockery of Christ's sacrifice for sin on the cross! Maybe wars will start to kill almost all mankind and so before that, before you do any suffering yourself like unsaved sinners, you'll catch the rapture bus so that you won't ever see death! :eh: :roll:

SANHEDRIN | Prepare to Build Third Temple

#14998651
Hindsite wrote:SANHEDRIN | Prepare to Build Third Temple



And so you display an article. An article that basically confirms what I had said before. And I guess you're alright with all that....
#14998661
annatar1914 wrote:Oh, goody! It'll be awesome to see an old Temple rebuilt that will institute worthless and sinful sacrifices in direct mockery of Christ's sacrifice for sin on the cross! Maybe wars will start to kill almost all mankind and so before that, before you do any suffering yourself like unsaved sinners, you'll catch the rapture bus so that you won't ever see death! :eh: :roll:


It will never be rebuilt. The Muslims would rather blow up Mount Moriah than ever let the Jews get it back.

Also PETA will fuck it up too. They already severely sabotage the Kapparot in most countries.
#14998687
Beren wrote:

When the Third Temple is built Israel will be ripe for destruction again.


You keep repeating this wet dream of yours.
Hmmm, interesting.

I am sure there will be no change in the status of the Temple Mount but the Western wall will never be given back to be under Muslim administration.

Whilst the Muslims (and the Christians) have systematically built their own religious stuff on the holy places of conquered civilisations. Think the cathedral in Mexico City, the Mosque they built where the Temple stood in Jerusalem, the Babri Mosque in India. And so on.
But let's not go there.

I wonder why @Beren is so engaged in this. Is it because Hungary lost 2/3rds of its territory in the Trianon conference ?
#14998691
While American millennials have a reputation for liberal politics, young Israeli Jews have gone the opposite direction over time.

Which means America and Israel will go the opposite direction sooner or later.

Ter wrote:I wonder why @Beren is so engaged in this. Is it because Hungary lost 2/3rds of its territory in the Trianon conference ?

Sure, I must be a revisionist. You have real insight! :lol:
#14998698
Ter wrote:A revisionist ? Maybe. You tell us.
It rhymes with Zionist ! :excited:

Maybe it rhymes with it for a reason. They're both right-wing and after Trump's approval of Israel's land grab Hungarian revisionists could legitimately claim some formerly Hungarian land too perhaps. Following this fantastic manoeuvre of his I also wonder how Trump means to argue against China's claims and practices regarding the South China Sea.
#14998724
colliric wrote:It will never be rebuilt. The Muslims would rather blow up Mount Moriah than ever let the Jews get it back.

Also PETA will fuck it up too. They already severely sabotage the Kapparot in most countries.


I know that the Jewish Temple will not be rebuilt. The last attempt under Emperor Julian the Apostate, with the help of the Jews, the workmen tasked to start were burned by balls of fire coming out of the ground...

I don't even think anything even remains of the original Temple, that what people see as it's remnants-the ''wailing wall''- are the last remains of the Fortress Antonia.
#14998745
annatar1914 wrote:I don't even think anything even remains of the original Temple, that what people see as it's remnants-the ''wailing wall''- are the last remains of the Fortress Antonia.


The Historical records state explicitly that nothing remained onsite. The destruction of the Second Temple "funded" the construction of the Coliseum in Rome, any remains of the Temple were most likely shipped back there. Certainly the golden menorah ended up there melted down and used in the decoration of it. Titus arch basically confirms that fact.
#14998800
colliric wrote:The Historical records state explicitly that nothing remained onsite. The destruction of the Second Temple "funded" the construction of the Coliseum in Rome, any remains of the Temple were most likely shipped back there. Certainly the golden menorah ended up there melted down and used in the decoration of it. Titus arch basically confirms that fact.


Very true my friend.

Heck, the fire that was raging inside the Temple melted the gold walls, which ran into cracks in the ground, and the Roman soldiers pulled up foundation stones to get at it. Clearly, Our Lord's Prophesy is true, that ''not one stone would remain upon another''.

And as I said, the one attempt to rebuild which was made, in the reign of the God-hating Julian the Apostate (to make null Christ's prophesy), the Jewish workmen no sooner had begun to begin foundation work when balls of fire shot up from the ground and burned them alive-and that account was drawn from Pagan as well as Christian sources.
#15008441
Beren wrote:Maybe it rhymes with it for a reason. They're both right-wing and after Trump's approval of Israel's land grab Hungarian revisionists could legitimately claim some formerly Hungarian land too perhaps. Following this fantastic manoeuvre of his I also wonder how Trump means to argue against China's claims and practices regarding the South China Sea.

There are still a large number of Jews in Hungary. Hungarian Goulash.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
How ISIS replenishes its ranks

@anasawad Here is another Algerian reformist, […]

And again you have failed to answer a basic quest[…]

Why would it matter what YouTube claimed to be? […]

About 40 years ago, I graduated from a university […]