Greta’s very corporate children’s crusade - Page 29 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15057953
Donald wrote:I think she's an inspiration. For now at least.

I saw her on commercial media between SUV ads.

She said nothing about all the real environmental activists who get murdered by the West's corporate vassals.

I think Western "adults" are being Harvey Weinstein-ed by pimp media.
#15058008
@QatzelOk, I think she has spoken out about activists in the global south and has criticized how the media ignores them. You're right though that she's being recuperated by Western media, but part of the motivation for doing so is to control her so that she stays in the sanitary world of corporate philanthropy, NGOs and colour revolutions. I don't think she will sell out though, she comes off as someone who is very humbled by the duties and responsibilities that fate has foisted upon her.
#15059279
Greta's Facebook page is run by her father and some UN global warming person from India :lol:

Doesn't the story go that her parents have nothing to do with Greta's activism? That they told her that she had to go and do this on her own and whatnot?

I bet she doesn't write any of her posts on Twitter either, and why should she even be allowed it? She is now a brand name and the face of a questionable global movement that is under constant scrutiny. What if she was having a bad day and publicly or even privately popped off at some random troll in an embarrassing manner? It would damage the credibility of the movement.

To be fair I don't think very many of these politicians, entertainers and public figures run their own social media accounts, that includes Trump himself. They likely have teams in place to control spam, offensive/porn posts, trolling etc so this isn't huge news to any thinking person but it is certainly would be news to her 14 year old female fan base.

Facebook Glitch Reveals Greta Thunburg's Father Posting As Teenage Climate Activist

A Thursday evening software update at Facebook accidentally allowed anyone to view exactly who is posting under the accounts of public figures, businesses and other entities, according to Wired.

Image

The result? For starters, some 3 million followers of teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg have been reading posts written by her father, Svante Thunberg, and a climate activist in India who serves as a delegate at the UN's Climate Change organization, Adarsh Prathap. Thunberg, Inc. claims Greta is still the one writing the content.

Greta, Inc. explained this in a Saturday Facebook post purporting to be the young climate activist.

"Some people have been asking who manages this page. First of all, since last spring I only use Facebook to repost what I write on my Twitter and Instagram accounts," reads the post, in which 'she' says she tried Facebook "early on," but didn't like it, so she uses "my father Svantes account to repost content."

"The rest that is shared on Facebook is reposted from Twitter and Instagram by the guy who founded the Greta Thunberg Facebook page long before I knew it existed. His name is Adarsh Prathap and he lives in India. Since a lot of people thought it was my official page in the beginning I asked if I could co-manage it and he said yes."

Greta claims to have written all the content posted by her father and Prathap.

In other words, "of course it's not me silly - you should have known I just 'co-manage' the fan page."

Except - by all outward appearances it appeared to be her page alone. Facebook's 'page transparency' shows Greta as the confirmed owner - with the only clue suggesting she might have help being a page manager located in India.

Image
#15059301
maz wrote:Greta's Facebook page is run by her father and some UN global warming person from India :lol:

Doesn't the story go that her parents have nothing to do with Greta's activism? That they told her that she had to go and do this on her own and whatnot?

I bet she doesn't write any of her posts on Twitter either, and why should she even be allowed it? She is now a brand name and the face of a questionable global movement that is under constant scrutiny. What if she was having a bad day and publicly or even privately popped off at some random troll in an embarrassing manner? It would damage the credibility of the movement.

To be fair I don't think very many of these politicians, entertainers and public figures run their own social media accounts, that includes Trump himself. They likely have teams in place to control spam, offensive/porn posts, trolling etc so this isn't huge news to any thinking person but it is certainly would be news to her 14 year old female fan base.


Maz, as a representative of the far right, can you explain why the far right doesn't like global warming movements? I mean they do not fall in to the classical left or right divide, so what is your bief with it? (If you are going to say its Soros sponsored then i am not sure you understand how this works. Memes aside, Soros has no reason to shoot himself in the foot)
#15059362
JohnRawls wrote:Maz, as a representative of the far right, can you explain why the far right doesn't like global warming movements? I mean they do not fall in to the classical left or right divide, so what is your bief with it? (If you are going to say its Soros sponsored then i am not sure you understand how this works. Memes aside, Soros has no reason to shoot himself in the foot)


You don't think that global warming movements fall alongside the far left divide? I can't speak for the entirety of the far right, but the reason some may oppose them is because they are ideologically opposed to anything far left.

I found this old post from a few months ago. I guess we can assume that her father, who is behind her social media accounts or the Indian guy wrote this?

Everyone needs to read Greta Thunberg's responses to the rumors and lies about her

"Many people love to spread rumors saying that I have people 'behind me' or that I'm being 'paid' or 'used' to do what I'm doing. But there is no one 'behind' me except for myself. My parents were as far from climate activists as possible before I made them aware of the situation.

I am not part of any organization. I sometimes support and cooperate with several NGOs that work with the climate and environment. But I am absolutely independent and I only represent myself. And I do what I do completely for free, I have not received any money or any promise of future payments in any form at all. And nor has anyone linked to me or my family done so.

And of course it will stay this way. I have not met one single climate activist who is fighting for the climate for money. That idea is completely absurd.

Furthermore I only travel with permission from my school and my parents pay for tickets and accommodations.
#15059398
maz wrote:You don't think that global warming movements fall alongside the far left divide? I can't speak for the entirety of the far right, but the reason some may oppose them is because they are ideologically opposed to anything far left.

I found this old post from a few months ago. I guess we can assume that her father, who is behind her social media accounts or the Indian guy wrote this?

Everyone needs to read Greta Thunberg's responses to the rumors and lies about her


I could never pin down climate stuff especially climate change to the right or left. It has nothing to do with traditional values or "progresivism" of sorts. Even on the change/reactionary scale some of the stuff that climate change people suggest is pretty reactionary. (I guess Qatz is an example who wants to go back to pre-industrialisation and living in caves). It is just one of those issues that doesn't fall anywhere on the scale of left, right, libertarianism, authoriaterianism etc.

In a sense, depending how accurate the predictions are and how wide spread global warming will have an effect, a lot of people will suffer irrelevant of ideology. Basically if your left you might die because of this or if you are right, you might die because of this.

May be the climate laws are a bit statist but that is not the only alternative. It is not like the private business is not doing anything on its end to make money on this and the government uses classical liberal measures to support them.

I think the alt-right/right needs to find its own gig within the global warming discussion. ( Denying it is kinda not a gig, its stupid by now )
#15059419
maz wrote:Greta's Facebook page is run by her father and some UN global warming person from India :lol:

I thought I read that they sold her page to Time-Warner-Vivendi in exchange for the "Person of the Year" branding campaign.

Pants-of-dog wrote:So what is the argument?

Greta Thunberg gets help from others so anthropogenic climate change theory is wrong?

Greta's branding does nothing to prove or disprove any science. She's just a cute Swede who lucked into media stardom because she had the right schtick going (young, mixed up, Scandinavian).

What is YOUR argument? That she's so cute and endearing that now people will stop climate change?
  • 1
  • 25
  • 26
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29

I come from Ukraine, you not say Ukraine is weak![…]

My reflections on 2020 AD

Tomorrow is the Feast of the Theophany in the Orth[…]

Election 2020

There is a test you could take but before I took […]

@late That may be true, but that doesn't […]