Gulag Archipelago - Will it radicalise me? - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Workers of the world, unite! Then argue about Trotsky and Stalin for all eternity...
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15037671
What's wrong with sitting on a trust fund? :roll:

Cappies are the greedy, insecure, jealous ones..as proven here.

You don't want people to be well off?

And being well off doesn't preclude you from giving a shit about others.

And btw I'm not well off at all. But at least I'm not a jealous prick...

Bloody eck, the hypocrisy here is staggering from you cappies...

PS: I'm not a socialist or communist so don't try that one..
#15037672
Presvias wrote:What's wrong with sitting on a trust fund? :roll:

Cappies are the greedy, insecure, jealous ones..as proven here.

You don't want people to be well off?

And being well off doesn't preclude you from giving a shit about others.

And btw I'm not well off at all. But at least I'm not a jealous prick...

Bloody eck, the hypocrisy here is staggering from you cappies...

PS: I'm not a socialist or communist so don't try that one..

You are projecting. I am not saying there is anything wrong with it. I am pointing out that leftists say it is the worse thing ever IF the beneficiary is a "rightwinger" BUT "leftwinger"s get a free pass for the same thing. It is a double standard and evidence of ideological tribalism as is your inability to understand what I said.
#15037674
Oh blah blah, sure they do because you said so, with your anecdotal silliness..

That long post you made about 'daemonic' 'leftardism' was such pseudointellectual babble in reply to an interesting and salient post by another...

Why don't you try responding to it properly?
#15037675
Presvias wrote:Oh blah blah, sure they do because you said so, with your anecdotal silliness..

That long post you made about 'daemonic' 'leftardism' was such pseudointellectual babble in reply to an interesting and salient post by another...

Why don't you try responding to it properly?

You are not capable of understanding anything being said. You are just processing eveything crudely like this:
If IsLeftist() = true {
run WhoopSupportLikeAnIdiot();
}
ElseIf IsLeftist() = false {
run ScreechInFuriousCondemnation();
}
That is the full extent of your ability to contribute to any conversation. It is so boring.
#15037679
SolarCross wrote:
Spoiler: show
Okay but surely there is something different going on in memes which effect a takeover of the "host". The host is a mind or brain, an engine for using, evaluating, creating and destroying memes. It, or really "we", should always be in charge of the memes not the other way around and for most of us we are in charge. There is something going deeply wrong if the memes are the ones running the show instead of just being raw material for the operations of the mind.

When I said "daemonic possession" I did not quite mean that metaphorically, to say that those in the grip of ideology are just like possessed or seem possessed. I am entertaining the hypothesis that it may be the consequence of literal possession by non-human agents.

I am wondering if this massive epidemic of daemonic possession in the last few centuries in the west was an unintended consequence of the rise of scientism. Scientism, which carries with it the belief that science has proven the non-existence of non-human intelligence, may have accidentally resulted in increasingly large numbers of people dropping their guard against what the muslims call djinns and the Christians call daemons.

For all of human history and likely pre-history humans from every place in the world have belief in non-human intelligences with some subset of them being hostile or at least a nuisance. And these people have rituals or practices with the intention of firming up their mental defences against them.

In our arrogance those of us inducted in the cult of Science, which for many of us is nothing more than a cargo cult really, just assume all that stuff is nonsense. But what if we were wrong? What if all those ancient and modern people exercising basic psychic hygiene were really aware of something and doing something effective in their rituals to ward of "evil spirits"? Then us followers of the cargo cult of science might in fact be more than usually vulnerable to malicious or hostile incorporeal life forms. And so we must suffer the plague of leftardism, apparent humans running around behaving in very unhuman ways.

I think this hypothesis explains a lot and even suggests some solutions to the problem.

When we hold views which we do not know why we defend them, we are subjected to them rather than them being subject to us.
[url]lchc.ucsd.edu/mca/Mail/xmcamail.2015-06.dir/pdf9UQ7dqv45X.pdf[/url]
To be educated is also a process of which becoming free is intrinsically a part, for to be educated is not to ‘know’ a range of positions and perspectives but to understand the reasons for holding particular beliefs and rejecting others. Pippin continues:

[I] imagine all of us playing a version of the game where we try to name an idea crucial to our understanding of ourselves and of the modern world, and which has played a critical role in some of our decisions, some of the policies we have formulated, and many of the judgments and even condemnations we have formulated about others, but which we have no clue how to define and, no matter how much we have relied on it, no clue at all how to defend the idea from objections. Examples come easily to mind to all of us. What, after all, is a "right"? (Pippin, R. 2000)

In such a scenario we would not be familiar with the reasons for our actions and judgments and therefore we would be subject to them rather than in control of them: ‘[A] better form of self-understanding might make it possible to say that you led a life more "your own."’ (Pippin, R. 2000.) It is in this sense that education is a freedom-enhancing process: to put the point simplistically in Spinozist terms, to know the reasons why I act is to be a cause of myself (causa sui) rather than to be the subject of extraneous determinations.
...
Spinoza explains the relationship of will and conscious awareness as characteristic of concepts located in relation to one another, i.e. systemically. The more our actions are formed by adequate ideas (i.e. ideas where the genetic connections are understood explicitly) the more
we are determinate of our own actions and, as such, active. The more we act according to inadequate ideas (ones whose relations are unexpressed) we are said to be passive and as such our actions are not free.
#15037680
SolarCross wrote:You are not capable of understanding anything being said. You are just processing eveything crudely like this:
If IsLeftist() = true {
run WhoopSupportLikeAnIdiot();
}
ElseIf IsLeftist() = false {
run ScreechInFuriousCondemnation();
}
That is the full extent of your ability to contribute to any conversation. It is so boring.


Well let's review one portion of your 'intellectual' reply..

"And so we must suffer the plague of leftardism, apparent humans running around behaving in very unhuman ways"

Nuff said.

The majority of my posts easily bear out the fact that your BS++ programming language needs a tweak or a million, it's not working very well for you and I'm not alone in pointing out your pure idiocy.

The point you tried to make in that dumb post was complete rubbish by the way.
#15037684
Presvias wrote:Well let's review one portion of your 'intellectual' reply..

"And so we must suffer the plague of leftardism, apparent humans running around behaving in very unhuman ways"

Nuff said.

The majority of my posts easily bear out the fact that your BS++ programming language needs a tweak or a million, it's not working very well for you and I'm not alone in pointing out your pure idiocy.

The point you tried to make in that dumb post was complete rubbish by the way.

^ ScreechInFuriousCondemnation() :lol:
#15037685
Do you even read your own posts before you hit send? :lol:

If you were right, I wouldn't be able to debate very right wing posters like blackjack etc in long posts, minus any invective. The only reason I'm 'picking' on your posts is because they're total pseudo intellectual pish..
#15037688
Oh..and you needed the basic definitions of socialism and communism explaining to you in the first place.

How can you call something retarded if you don't even know what it is? :lol: :lol:

You are truly hilarious... you're precisely a victim of your own unthinking 'daemonic posession' except in opposition to an idea; a false idea that doesn't even really exist. How brilliantly absurd is that? :lol: It's the bloody truth..
#15037701
B0ycey wrote:Anyone who once donned a Pinochet avatar doesn't hold the moral high ground when condemning Gulags. Or more importantly in terms of the thread has already been radicalised.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_rights_violations_in_Pinochet%27s_Chile


He probably doesn't even have the slightest idea what Pinochet did and will work to keep himself purposely ignorant, whilst jealously bleating about others' personal wealth and condemning 'leftards' - who's ideology HE professes not to understand - for...bleating about others' personal wealth.. :lol:

He's like a caricature of himself...
#15037703
Potemkin wrote:Not true, but I wish it were. Lol. :lol:


:lol: !

This thread is absolutely brilliant.. comedy platinum.

He has discredited the cappie's anti-commie propaganda just by completely being himself. :lol: He gives Kenny Everitt's 'general bomb the bastards' character a run for its money.. :lol:
#15037721
When we hold views which we do not know why we defend them, we are subjected to them rather than them being subject to us.

Indeed. To a large extent, we don't think our thoughts, our thoughts think us. The current debate in this thread is ample proof of that, on both sides. Lol. :)
#15037723
Potemkin wrote:Indeed. To a large extent, we don't think our thoughts, our thoughts think us. The current debate in this thread is ample proof of that, on both sides. Lol. :)


Sorry for ruining your debate, but his trite nonsense and double standards are so ludicrous..and he doesn't even see it.

But I apologize, you were onto an interesting line of debate, maybe you can continue expanding on your theories about posession and their roots?
#15037728
Presvias wrote:Sorry for ruining your debate, but his trite nonsense and double standards are so ludicrous..and he doesn't even see it.

The question is, why doesn't he see it? And why don't you see it in yourself? And why don't I see it in myself? This is what interests me, not screeching defiance and scorn at people possessed by memes which differ from the memes which possess me.

But I apologize, you were onto an interesting line of debate, maybe you can continue expanding on your theories about posession and their roots?

What is debate except a form of exorcism? :)

Shit, I get unsolicited text and voice messages e[…]

Can you provide examples of how indigenous governm[…]

@jimjam then decided to invoke Godwin's law and c[…]

UK votes for Boris...

He planned to tax those with income of 80K pounds[…]