How Communism has been infused into so much of our everyday American life - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15055150
How Communism has been infused into so much of our everyday American life

Agenda - Grinding America Down (Part 1 of 2)

https://dai.ly/x1yub7z


Agenda - Grinding America Down (Part 2 of 2)

https://dai.ly/x1yuid1


Summary
"When Idaho legislator Curtis Bowers wrote a 'letter to the editor' about the drastic changes in America's culture, it became the feature story on the evening news, people protested at the Capitol, and for weeks the local newspapers were filled with responses. He realized then, he'd hit on something. Ask almost anyone and you'll hear, 'Communism is dead! The Berlin Wall came down.' Though the word communism isn't used anymore, this film will show the ideas behind it are alive and well. Join Bowers for a fascinating look at the people and groups that have successfully targeted America's morality and freedom in their effort to grind America down"--
#15055358
Finfinder wrote:I didn't have an hour to watch the videos but in America if you want to experience communism just go to an airport. You walk into an airport or get on an airplane and you can just throw out your constitutional rights.


Apparently, you do not know what communism is.
#15055370
late wrote:Are you going to conflate liberal democracies with repressive pseudo-communist bureaucracies?


I'm going to stay on topic of the OP it would nice if you could too. I never claimed to be an expert on communism I offered 2 sentences of my observation,opinion, and an example as I see in America as per the OP suggested. Do you have anything to add to to this discussion other than you once traveled to Russia therefore you are an expert and no further elaboration is needed?
#15055382
Finfinder wrote:
I'm going to stay on topic of the OP it would nice if you could too. I never claimed to be an expert on communism I offered 2 sentences of my observation,opinion, and an example as I see in America as per the OP suggested. Do you have anything to add to to this discussion other than you once traveled to Russia therefore you are an expert and no further elaboration is needed?



I'll take that as a yes.
#15055386
Finfinder wrote:That is your opinion.


I am assuming that you are defining communism as authoritarian intrusion in your example of airport security.

I am also assuming that you did not mean to use airports as an example of a classless and stateless society where the means of production are owned equally by all.

Since both of these assumptions appear to be true, it also seems like a fact that you do not know what communism is.

Are you a communist?


Yes.

Please extol your virtue in detail as it pertains to my answer and the OP not communism in general.


If you rewrite this sentence so that it makes sense, I might consider your request, whatever that is.
#15055396
Pants-of-dog wrote:I am assuming that you are defining communism as authoritarian intrusion in your example of airport security.

I am also assuming that you did not mean to use airports as an example of a classless and stateless society where the means of production are owned equally by all.

Since both of these assumptions appear to be true, it also seems like a fact that you do not know what communism is.



I already said I wasn't an expert in communism on this thread so you trying to take a shot at me is really unnecessary.

Since you are the expert here the question I have. Can communist be authoritarian and if so are they most always authoritarian?
#15055647
Tom, the deceased Greatest Mod Ever, was in his 60s, and taking college classes. I used to give a hard time about it, but I was really impressed.

Anyway, he got into communism, and thought there was a way to actually pull it off.

So far, no one has even gotten close, on a national scale.

So what you mean when you say communism is kinda important. Because you could be talking about Marxist ideas, authoritarian bureaucracies, totalitarian rule (Stalin and Mao), and some guys are far enough out there to call Scandanavian liberal democracies communist.

In case you're wondering, I don't have an answer I like. I am not interested enough to try and figure out what Tom meant. I visited communist dominated Hungary in 73, and was appalled. I also visited Franco's authoritarian (but Right wing) Spain, and I was even more appalled by that.

My conclusion from that summer was that the more power is concentrated in a few hands, the worse off it gets for the people. In case you didn't know, that's happening here.
#15055673
Communism is whatever I dislike. I hate my life, so therefore communism is infused everywhere. Itsa facto. That's Latin for "it's a fact."

Btw I live in a right to work state with a GOP legislature, court, and governor. My child receives free lunches at school but it's just a bag of hot dog buns because that technically meets the nutritional requirements of my state for children, which are actually lower than those of our state prison system run by the GEO Group. Last year, the GEO Group lobbied to increase nutritional standards for prisoners so they could charge more for meals. I just thought I should mention that.
#15055679
SpecialOlympian wrote:Communism is whatever I dislike. I hate my life, so therefore communism is infused everywhere. Itsa facto. That's Latin for "it's a fact."

Btw I live in a right to work state with a GOP legislature, court, and governor. My child receives free lunches at school but it's just a bag of hot dog buns because that technically meets the nutritional requirements of my state for children, which are actually lower than those of our state prison system run by the GEO Group. Last year, the GEO Group lobbied to increase nutritional standards for prisoners so they could charge more for meals. I just thought I should mention that.


You are in a perpetual victimhood grievance pattern. You are nitpicking big time. If I was poor i would be thankful the state provided hot dogs for free. I would not moan about that.

We are persecuted prophets, ever attesting to the harm that white racism does to us and pointing to a future context in which our persecutors will be redeemed of the sin of having leveled that harm upon us. We are noble in our suffering.
John McWhorter
#15055680
Julian658 wrote:You are in a perpetual victimhood grievance pattern. You are nitpicking big time. If I was poor i would be thankful the state provided hot dogs for free. I would not moan about that.


You demonstrated such an amazing understanding of my post that you didn't even pick up on the fact that I said hot dog buns, not hot dogs.

Why do you think fully prepared hot dogs come in bags???

What's wrong with Britain?, A lot is wrong with […]

Trump has been impeached

I still don't get how Trump "abused the power[…]

Occam's Razor is a mass murderer.

@late I disagree. I think the Brits are as[…]