Who Do You WANT To Be The Next Global Super Power? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Who Do You WANT To Be The Next Global Super Power?

1. USA
28%
2. CHINA
7%
3. EU
3%
4. COMMONWEALTH REALMS
7%
5. RUSSIA
3%
6. INDIA
No votes
0%
7. JAPAN-KOREA-ASIAN-TIGERS UNION
10%
8. ARAB UNION/ISLAMIC CALIPHATE
3%
9. LATIN AMERICA
No votes
0%
10. AFRICA
No votes
0%
11. MULTI-POLAR
21%
12. OTHER (ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE ETC.)
17%
B0ycey wrote:To keep you happy @SolarCross, I voted EU. But in reality there will not be a global superpower in the future and America is on the fast track of losing their hemogony. There be four equal hemogonous powers.

Ok thanks, but the poll is a wish list not a reality check. You could vote for the fairy godmother if that was your thing. The EU does not have to be likely only desirable. Anyway props to you for at least choosing the EU over China. The EU may not be my preference but clearly a bunch of banana measuring turbo-bureaucrats are better humans than a gang of organ harvesting gulag totalitarians. You made the right choice. :up:
Tainari88 wrote:You see this is why you and I need to debate more B0ycey. I like this flat stuff that British posters put out there. Such matter of fact statements like these....

Can I interest you in an authentic Pina Colada?

Big kiss for you B0ycey.

Big kiss for you too Tariani. And thank you. Although there are plenty of people who execute such matter of fact statements on pofo and you have to be blind not to see the tide is changing in terms of global influence. But I suspect SolarCross had an alternative motive in starting this thread. He seems to thing everyone is turning politically Chinese. :eek:
SolarCross wrote:Ok thanks, but the poll is a wish list not a reality check. You could vote for the fairy godmother if that was your thing. The EU does not have to be likely only desirable. Anyway props to you for at least choosing the EU over China. The EU may not be my preference but clearly a bunch of banana measuring turbo-bureaucrats are better humans than a gang of organ harvesting gulag totalitarians. You made the right choice. :up:

Well you know I am a Europhile and the project is about as liberal as you can go and promotes equality in nations and is strong in human rights. If the world adopted EU policies and targets, it would be a very pleasant world indeed. But EU isn't ever going to become the global hemogony and instead likely to adopt more influence by diplomatic means. It will basically be working with China (and America) in the future and not dominated by it.
B0ycey wrote:Big kiss for you too Tariani. And thank you. Although there are plenty of people who execute such matter of fact statements on pofo and you have to be blind not to see the tide is changing in terms of global influence. But I suspect SolarCross had an alternative motive in starting this thread. He seems to thing everyone is turning politically Chinese. :eek:

I agree that the geo-political tectonics are shifting, they always are anyway. I did not have an ulterior motive or at least not quite the one you think. My motive was curiosity. I already know that pofo has plenty of 1984 advocates so actually I am a little surprised there were not more votes for the alt-USSR which is China. There may be one or two who seemed to be in stealth mode about it though. I always say you can be as vile as you like but at least be man enough to own up to it.
SolarCross wrote:Ok thanks, but the poll is a wish list not a reality check. You could vote for the fairy godmother if that was your thing. The EU does not have to be likely only desirable. Anyway props to you for at least choosing the EU over China. The EU may not be my preference but clearly a bunch of banana measuring turbo-bureaucrats are better humans than a gang of organ harvesting gulag totalitarians. You made the right choice. :up:

The EU cannot become a superpower because it's federal structure prevents it from projecting imperial power. But it is exactly this feature that makes the EU ideal for leading the world into a multipolar future that is not dominated by a superpower. The EU can serve as an example of how to manage international affairs by consent and not by coercion. I can't imagine anyone who would not view this as the most desirable outcome. Ultimately, imperialism always is destructive and those who believe that imperialism is the only option view the future in a rear-view mirror. Future problems will require new solutions.

Police shoot at the media for filming them: http[…]

https://youtu.be/Z2wkFyIqg4E

I believe I dispensed with most of the arguments […]

I don't think Americans are as spineless as you […]