California doctors say they've seen more deaths from suicide than coronavirus since lockdowns - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15093582
This lockdown nonsense should stop
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news ... -lockdowns
California doctors say they've seen more deaths from suicide than coronavirus since lockdowns
by Andrew Mark Miller
| May 21, 2020 08:50 PM

Doctors in Northern California say they have seen more deaths from suicide than they’ve seen from the coronavirus during the pandemic.

“The numbers are unprecedented,” Dr. Michael deBoisblanc of John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek, California, told ABC 7 News about the increase of deaths by suicide, adding that he’s seen a “year’s worth of suicides” in the last four weeks alone.

DeBoisblanc said he believes it’s time for California officials to end the stay-at-home order and let people back out into their communities.

"Personally, I think it's time," he said. "I think, originally, this was put in place to flatten the curve and to make sure hospitals have the resources to take care of COVID patients. We have the current resources to do that, and our other community health is suffering."

Kacey Hansen, a trauma center nurse at John Muir Medical Center for more than 30 years, says she’s worried not only about the increased suicide attempts but also about the hospital’s ability to save as many patients as usual.

"What I have seen recently, I have never seen before," Hansen said. "I have never seen so much intentional injury."

Businesses across California have started defying stay-at-home orders imposed by Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom, and hundreds of protesters have hit the streets, making the argument that the orders were only meant to flatten the curve of the virus’s spread, which Newsom himself said was achieved in mid-April.

Suicide has been an increasingly significant problem across the country as the coronavirus outbreak caused stay-at-home orders that led to unemployment and stress.

By late March, more people had died in just one Tennessee county from suicide than had died in the entire state directly from the virus.

A study published in early May suggested that the coronavirus could lead to at least 75,000 deaths directly brought on by anxiety from the virus, job losses, and addiction to alcohol and drugs.

Another study conducted by Just Facts around the same time computed a broad array of scientific data showing that stress is one of the deadliest health hazards in the world and estimated that the coronavirus lockdowns will destroy 7 times as many years of human life than strict lockdowns can save.

Earlier this week, more than 600 doctors signed their names on a letter to President Trump, referring to the continued lockdowns as a “mass casualty incident” and urging him to do what he can to ensure they come to an end.
#15093634
1) the lockdowns are working

2) California is one of the most unequal places on the planet and is over-represented in mental illness and homelessness. Suicide there has probably been the leading cause of death for people under 40 for several years now.
#15093756
Zionist nationalist wrote:This is just like the flu and the deaths rates and the amount of sick are exaggerated big time
There is no need to lock everyone most people will not die from this
96.007 Dead Americans prove that your completely idiotic statement is based on ignorance and misinformation. :knife:

You're 100% wrong.

You're just trolling.
#15093758
Every state in the US has partially re-opened by this date and Dr. Fauci, often cited as an authority on why we needed lockdowns, has recently been warning against extending the lockdowns for too long.
#15093759
Godstud wrote:96.007 Dead Americans prove

Science is not maths. It uses maths, but it is not maths. While there are many STEM people who are Liberals, Cultural Marxists and even orthodox Marxists, most Liberals are terribly ignorant when it comes to STEM. So science doesn't really do proofs. We have no proof that all those 96 thousand really died from the Xi virus. There has not been a major increase in deaths over the average in America in 2020. Any increase that we do see maybe because of the effects of the lock down not from the Xi virus itself.

The Liberal generally precedes from a very simplistic logic.

1 Trump said some ever so slightly derogatory remarks about Muslims.
2 Therefore Trump is evil.
3 Trump doesn't like lock downs. Trump wants to protect the economy.
4 Therefore lockdowns are good and we ought to be seeking to destroy the economy.
#15093761
Rich wrote:The Liberal generally precedes from a very simplistic logic.

1 Trump said some ever so slightly derogatory remarks about Muslims.
2 Therefore Trump is evil.
3 Trump doesn't like lock downs. Trump wants to protect the economy.
4 Therefore lockdowns are good and we ought to be seeking to destroy the economy.
:O
None of this is factual. It's pro-Trump propaganda by someone who can't stand to see Trump criticized for anything. Fascists like to do that.

People are attacking Trump for his shitty leadership which has caused even more damage to the economy, not because of lockdowns. Trump has always cared more about $$$ than people.

Stop the bullshit and insane conspiracy theories. They don't help your argument... if there was one.
Image
#15093764
in my country the death rate is exactly correlated with the seasonal flu death statistics
most people have nothing to be afraid from this virus just like the seasonal flu.
I dont buy this mass hysteria. there have been videos of people fainting at the beginning of this virus
than suddenly those videos have stopped. we also hear every now and than about the supposed origins of this virus or some "cure" that have been found
next step is mandatory flu shots. who knows what they gonna put in there
something weird is going on and Im not buying the mainstream narrative
#15093766
I guess they don't make very smart people in your neck of the woods. :knife:

96,000 deaths in USA so far. That's over 3x the yearly flu deaths in only 3 months, with more people hospitalized in those 3 months than in over a year from the flu.
Last edited by Godstud on 23 May 2020 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
#15093771
Godstud wrote:When that box is reason and logic, it's best to stay within those bounds.

Your anecdotal evidence is idiotic, at best.

Try calling some dead ones and see how far you get. :knife:


Thats exactly what I do use logic.

in Israel between 500 and 1000 people die yearly from seasonal flu
from coronavirus so far died 280 and vast majority are 70+ years old
wow such danger I can really feel

In Italy the death rate is around 25K from seasonal flu
The corona deatsh are for sure exaggerated

Italian research finds 99% of virus victims had prior illnesses: report

https://www.i24news.tv/en/news/internat ... ses-report

there have been 100+ year olds who survived this dangerous virus lol

stop the hysteria


if tomorrow they will say that they want to insert microchips into everyone you will all obey like sheeps
#15093780
You mean only 16,000 have been infected and 276 have died, in Israel(which I assume is where you are).

If 16,000 people had caught the flu, then only 8 would have died, if I need to make a comparison to put the stupidity of your argument into perspective for you. That means Covid-19 is about 35 times more deadly than the flu.

But hey... You can do the math, right? Or can you? :roll:
#15093792
Godstud wrote:You mean only 16,000 have been infected and 276 have died, in Israel(which I assume is where you are).

If 16,000 people had caught the flu, then only 8 would have died, if I need to make a comparison to put the stupidity of your argument into perspective for you. That means Covid-19 is about 35 times more deadly than the flu.

But hey... You can do the math, right? Or can you? :roll:



almost all people who died were either very old or had some other illnesses
and to be honest this statistic is not very reliable either
those people could have died from seasonal flu or from swine flu

What I want to say is that its not worth locking down an entire country there have been people who committed suicide because of this lockdown and the economic situation

lock the old ones let everyone else live normally
#15093797
Yes, Fascists typically don't care about their elderly or people who might have Diabetes or some other non-life-threatening illness, who might also die from Covid-19. You must hate your parents and grandparents. Sad.

It's as reliable as any flu statistics.

THIRTY FIVE times more deadly than the flu. You sure are terrible at math.

People are always committing suicide. More people would commit suicide if more family members died.

If you think I am making an emotional argument, you are correct. You can't seem to deal with anything BUT that. Facts and statistics escape you.
#15093803
Godstud wrote:Yes, Fascists typically don't care about their elderly or people who might have Diabetes or some other non-life-threatening illness, who might also die from Covid-19. You must hate your parents and grandparents. Sad.

It's as reliable as any flu statistics.

THIRTY FIVE times more deadly than the flu. You sure are terrible at math.

People are always committing suicide. More people would commit suicide if more family members died.


some people are prone to this mass hysteria which the media is spreading others will commit suicide because of the economic fallout
Im not a fascist if anything Im for complete freedom of the individual and against China and their fascist party which you trust and support
I dont hate my parents and I dont think they are at risk of dying from this they are in their 50s not that old
we all had some a flu back in December and nothing happened
in my town 70 people were sick from corona nobody died


we dont even know the true origins of this virus everything at this point is pure speculation
some stories about bats and armadillos sounds like bollocks

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN22F0KF
"(Reuters) - Coronavirus test kits used in Tanzania were dismissed as faulty by President John Magufuli on Sunday, because he said they had returned positive results on samples taken from a goat and a pawpaw."
#15093809
@Zionist Nationalist Covid-19 is not a flu. :moron:

Educating yourself about the virus might help before you rant on about anecdotal evidence and ridiculous stories you've heard. They're dumb and you make yourself appear stupid by talking like that.

Facts:
Covid-19's death rate is 1.3% for your parents, in their 50s. That is 26 times deadlier than the "flu".

Covid-19 is a pneumonia, not a flu.

Pretending anyone who is getting on in years doesn't have a comorbidity is wishful thinking. Things like stress and mental illness are also comorbidities.

Anecdotal evidence isn't evidence. They are just "stories".

I'm not going to give you any pointers to help out[…]

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/65/4f[…]

I have a crush on Candace Owens

Confucius say, "google first, write great Am[…]

The United States' electoral system is institutio[…]