A cancer called fanatism - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

For discussion of moral and ethical issues.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Nowadays, not only in my country, but in many countries of the world, the religion, as a very ancient human caracteristic, that is linked with civilization itself, has overtakesn many thoughts, ideals, visions and intentions. Many churches, have used faith troughout history to sell it as a merchandise, and to promote purely terrenal movements and coups.
(and it's dangerous to openly talk about it.)
I wrote a book, titled "The sword and the cross", where I try to open the eyes of the reader, just to make a truth come out: God in all forms and names is Love, and that's what we expect from us to give the others, not anything else.
But people, scared of the de-enlightment, of the hell, of the faith loss of the sect-expulsion, or however each one names it's hell, give goods, money, support and even their lives for the false shepherd and the corrupt priest.
In my country, many groups, mostly the "Opus Dei" and the "Legionarios de Cristo", have many systems trough which they try to control the Mexican Democratic, and Religious-Free State.
President Fox has declared himself as a deep catholic, and in his power-take on December 1st, 2000, he went to a Church publicly, and carried a cross, as symbol of the new alliance between him and the Catholic Church. Only the logies, such as the Masonic league, have an important counter-attack machine to prevent the "mochos" take over the Nation.
Most of the people is with the Church, a very important mayority, and that can be seen in the scenes of people, hitting-till-death a man who dared to steal a religious object from a temple.
What do you think? What would you do? Is this the same in your country?

"¿Qué haces hermano leyendo la Biblia todo el día? Lo que hay ahí dentro se resume en amor, anda ve y practícalo." Ricardo Arjona.

"¿What are you doing, my brother, reading the Bible all day long? What's in there can be resumed in love, so go and practice it."
By Nox
Gral. Stamelin wrote:I wrote a book, titled "The sword and the cross", where I try to open the eyes of the reader, just to make a truth come out: God in all forms and names is Love, and that's what we expect from us to give the others, not anything else.

The religion of the Norsemen did not fit this description.

I understand the point you are trying to make. Unfortunately, you preach to the choir. The Islamic Fundamentalists believe in a warrior Allah who is devoid of 'love' for non-Muslims.

Nox
By Boondock Saint
I would say religion is something we arent able to get rid of ...

Not because we need it ... but because we are infested with it ... its like a plague that has set upon mankind ... it is like the common cold AND the black death all in one ...

Everyone has had a run in with it on a personal basis (common cold) and it has been the cause of untold slaughter (bubonic plague).

I wish we lived in a secular world ... anyway ...

Yea Gral, it is like that here in the US ... the Christians, especially the protestants, are trying to take over ... they want to install clergy in the highest offices so that their brand of Christianity may have a power to rival the vatican.

The Catholics here in the US are going right along for the ride ... since the ignore their holy father anyway ... oh wait ... they ignore their holy father when it comes to their own sins ... but the moment someone mentions someone elses sins and all of a sudden every Catholic is a saint and they themselves are free to pass judgement on your soul and cast you into the pits of hell for eternal damnation!

Its all such crap ...

I don't know what worse ...

Muslims who think its ok to kill in the name of Allah or Christians who think its ok to kill someone who isnt a threat just because they happen to be near someone who might be ...

Sounds like both groups have their heads up their asses ... I say its time for a final solution ...

@Pants-of-dog no Are pro-Palestine protesters […]

@wat0n I assume you think that the cutting off[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

Its pretty high up there. Modern weapons do not f[…]

A teacher at a Canadian high school has put into […]