The Perennial Society - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Private discussion areas.
By Donna
Updated:

-Donald (Roman Catholicism)
-Dagoth Ur (Islam)
-Paradigm (Anglo-Catholicism)
-Potemkin (Daoism-Mictlantecuhtli devotion)
-annatar1914 (Old Believer/Old Calendarist Orthodoxy)
-noemon (Old Calendarist Orthodox Hellenism)
-RhetoricThug (Mahayana Buddhism-Gnosticism-Eastern esotericism)
-Andrea_Chenier (Roman Catholicism)
-Killborn (Esoteric Apotheosis Christianity)
-The Clockwork Rat (New Age)
-taxizen (Buddhism-Daoism-Sufism)
-Rei Murasame (Theosophy, Shinto)
By Donna
I'm not sure what the supporter-ratio parameters are, there definitely seems to be a lot of interest in this group. I suppose as Demosthenes mentioned, Siberian Fox will eventually get around to it.
By Killborn
Donald wrote:I'm not sure what the supporter-ratio parameters are, there definitely seems to be a lot of interest in this group. I suppose as Demosthenes mentioned, Siberian Fox will eventually get around to it.

I don't understand, do you mean a new forum?
Having poked around there is simply no way for Cart or I to create a new private group.

Sorry.
By Ter
In the meantime I will apply to be a member to defend the Animist religion.
I have seen a number of animee movies and comics and I know what it is all about.
I am confident this will increase the diversity of the sub-forum and thus add value.
Ter's comment is really just targeted at me, and as lame and pathetic as the comment is (making Animist and/or Panentheist religions look 'stupid' is something that happens quite a lot, portraying us as quacks and dilettantes is just a thing now), it raises a somewhat valid point, that I am actually the only person on this list who adheres to a religion that could be described in that way.

Ter's lack of respect for me is probably an indication of more things to come, since he will be able to create a division here before the group forms, and so I'd like to actually retract my membership request. My joining would not 'increase diversity', it would actually just unintentionally sow dissent and get in the way of the normal operation of the group, because people would not be able to get past their personal dislike for me, and for my culture.

I'm not going to answer any questions either, so if Ter comes back asking me to get into a fight with him to 'prove' the validity of the cosmology of my own religion, I'm not going to do it. Too many threads are destroyed because people decide to pick fights with me for no fucking reason, and I don't want this one to go that way (since I will certainly be blamed for it if it does).

NB: If I try to resubmit my request again later, I will do it after the group has formed, and not before.
By Killborn
Ok bye whatever.

This isn't a Coven, so side track arguments aren't really the end of all things. I still don't see why we can't take over the religion subforums. The herd is negligible.
By noemon
Basically when SF manages to come around to this, he will build a private area where we will able to organize the take-over of the world.

[youtube]mYvAYwpUDv8[/youtube]

[T]he [N]orth did not partake in the institution […]

Who is? The protest at the U of A did not do tha[…]

Is it happening to you right now? Bring on the vi[…]

Judaism is older than Christianity, dude. And I[…]