British Cars are Bloody Rubbish - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Oxymoron
My Bro is giving me his car for free so thats what I will have for the forseeble future.
By hannu
If it's any consolation we ran a Freelander from new at my place of work.

After 20K we sold it & within two weeks the gearbox destroyed itself. I reckon you got off light.
By Thunderhawk
as many Lr insiders will tell you trying to standardise 4WD parts with cars will always lead to failure

I interpret this to mean that LR is now using parts designed for low performace cars (ie family cars) for their 4WD series of vehicles.

If so, this is horrible, but quite understandable. The Americans are in love with standarization.
By hannu
I interpret this to mean that LR is now using parts designed for low performace cars (ie family cars) for their 4WD series of vehicles.

The Freelander has used saloon car parts from day one.

The PG1 gearbox is used in the Rover 200 & Freelander. How can that be expected to put up with offroading a 4x4?
By Thunderhawk
How many people outside of Britain know much about British cars? - be they actually British or just a label.
By ThereBeDragons
How many people outside of Britain know much about British cars? - be they actually British or just a label.

The steering wheel is on the wrong side.
By sploop!
I think you'll find the whole bloody country is on the wrong side...
By ThereBeDragons
The wrong side of the Atlantic, too.
By hannu
How about a three wheeler that went faster backwards than forwards?

The original "Bond" cars had no reverse gear so you simply stopped the engine & re-started the engine going backwards. You then engaged the cars forward gears to make the car go backwards.

Who said British cars were rubbish?
By profitprophet
Not ALL british cars suck. I rode in my friend's dad's Lotus the other day, quite a nice ride. And it only has a Celica engine (the low weight allows it to achieve high horsepower even with a lower-quality engine).
By profitprophet
the three wheeler or the Lotus?

That three wheeler looks....interesting...
By Oxymoron
:*( :*( :*( :*( >: >: >: >: :knife: :knife: :knife:

Today I was showing the car to a potential "buyer"(sucker) and guess what during the sunroof presentation the panel got stuck, and back window wouldnt close either fuck the British Fuck the Anglos, Fuck the Glacier that made the fucking Island, Fuck the Water that froze thus creating the fucking Glacier that made the fucking Island with fucking English enginears with hands growing out of their respective fucking asses. FKUC!!!!!!!
By hannu
Oxymoron wrote: Fuck the Water that froze thus creating the fucking Glacier that made the fucking Island with fucking English enginears with hands growing out of their respective fucking asses. FKUC!!!!!!!

Oxy

About 60 years ago an American engineer made the smallest tube in the World & sent it to another tube making company in the UK about half a mile away from where I live.

My friends uncle made a smaller tube & inserted it into the American tube & sent it back to the Americans.

Are you by any chance related to the American engineer that got pissed all over by my friends uncle?
By Red Rebel
Get rid of the British piece of crap and get a good German car.

Perhaps try to sell it to someone in England who won't know it is a piece of crap?
By Thunderhawk
Look at Victorian era furniture/buildings/tools from England. British engineers and tradesment use to be fantastic: high quality, durabiltiy, and quite nice.

I wonder what happened that curtailed that tradition of quality.

The Roman Empire split into three parts during th[…]

Yet, here is some man Five Man thinking men are g[…]

New USA weapons

https://youtu.be/hWUJ9aIafWo?si=9twfVrg6izce3kJ3 […]

So you think the WFP is lying. Why would they li[…]