Am I the only person who likes airline food? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

It's just I've been hearing a lot of criticism about airline food recently. I think I shall defend it. Some people say it is soaking wet. I say this good moistness stops ones mouth from going dry. Some people say it tastes too manufactured. I like the mass-produced, regular taste. Who else likes airline food - or am I just strange?
By Krasniy Yastreb
Hmm, strange topic. However, on my recent trip to Russia the food on the plane was excellent (I flew with British Airways). I had bacon and egg outwards and pasta bake coming home. Both were good considering they have to fit on a square tray 8 inches across.

The drinks from the trolley are good too, they stopped me from going hoarse from that dry cabin air... :)
By Adrien
It's strange but i've never taken a place in my entire life! But i know that in our high-speed trains, food is very expansive and crappy: their sandwiches are so slim that we have an expression saying "être maigre comme un sandwich SNCF!"

:)
By FCP
Nope, I love airplane, train, school, and hospital food. But then again I'll eat just about anything someone shoves in front of my face.
By ZenWilsonian
Airline and train food, that's okay. But hospital and school food... now you're just being sick!
By Putinist
Airline and train food, that's okay. But hospital and school food... now you're just being sick!

Well I enjoyed school food - at both my schools (junior and high).
By ZenWilsonian
in which case, Putinist, your not from the same part of North Yorkshire as me.

[lies]School food tastes great, it's nutritional, healthy and low priced! Hospital food is the finest food in the world![/lies]
By Togliatti
I flew with many companies,and never eated something really good.

The worst things in an airplane are pasta and chicken,both tasting like chewing-gum.

It's the same for coffe and tea,not to talk about beer,.(The analchoolic one used by Egipt Air it's Horrible!).
By hole in the ground
In comparison to school food, at my old school which was prepared by a witch trained in the fine art of making all food lose its taste and end up with the texture of slimy... stuff,

airline food is fine by my, a veritable feast.
By Milorg
I love airline food.. Don't really know why, just do.. Had two flights with Cathay Pacific the last few days and the food was excellent. Some noodle stirfry and pasta with chicken in Carbonara..
By Political Interest
I love the stuff its always prepared so well and its nice to eat something that has taste after sitting in a hot cabin for 12 hours.
By U-235
[lies]uranium_235's school uses 100% alberta beef in the food and has never hunted hobos downtown, the buns are freshly baked every day and there are no parasites in them[/lies]
but on to airline food, i like it generaly but not the mexican meal airtransat gives you on a flight to cancun
By MechPaladin
The palatability and digestibility of airline/school food is directly proportional to the level of one's hunger. The hungrier someone is, the more delicious any food becomes to them. I would say however that anyone who finds hospital food acceptable must have been starving for a while (i.e. they got put on liquid only diet :lol: ).

I said I want direct quotations, linked to the or[…]

Start of June, 2024 There are signs that hiring i[…]

World War II Day by Day

June 7, Friday Navy captain wins first Victoria […]

@FiveofSwords " To preserve his genes &qu[…]