Porsche Cayenne Gemballa - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Thunderhawk
As "hotlinking = bad" pictures go, yes, it is awesome.
By noemon
Damn sites, anyhow, you can google it and besides, this was not the intent of the thread; I deleted the OP before anyone saw it.

Dead thread walking...
By Thunderhawk
Porsche Cayenne

Looks like a stylized version of the Jeep Compass

Even their interriors have the same looks big but is actually small feel.

The Cayenne does look nice, but it is way to powerful for European standards.
By noemon
It really is nothing like the Jeep compass. The compass costs 15.000 euros, the Porsche 750 tornado version costs 440.000.

Its comes at a 500, 650 and 750 hp version and one special at 1010 hp.

I drive the Cayennes S usually which is at 380 hp, 4.5 litres V8, 0-100 at 6.4 sec in Greece and am bored of it, I could easily consider something faster and upgrading it to Gemballa version 500 will cost me around 40-50 large depending on how much i'll upgrade the exterior.

Its not about the top-speed, but about the speed you can come in the turn. Europe and Greece for that matter have lovely roads to test your driving skills instead of merely step on it and keep the wheel stead ahead. The UK's 2 lane strees in between villages are actually the most awesome streets for that matter. Ofc you rarely make it to top-speed, but who cares anyway if you can turn at the Tripolis to Sparta juntion at 150 km/hour? No top speed can compare with the adrenalin that results from 150 or even 120 km/hour at a difficult turn.
By Thunderhawk
I recognize that the quality difference is huge.

Im actually unsure about the attraction to high end SUVs/4x4s. At that price range you have the money such that if you need and SUV/4x4 you get one seperate from your luxury toy so that the luxury toy can be a proper road hugging sports car which will have a superior driving feel to that of a high drag top heavy SUV/4x4. If you want off roading you get a proper and powerfull 4x4.

It only makes sense to me if the terrain is intermittantly rough and the owner adamantly only wants one car, but its still a compromise.
By noemon
True, these cars are not in my price range anyway, the Gemballa becomes my price range because all that I need to do is upgrade the car I can get for free due to the real owner getting a better car alltogether.

As you know I already own a Land Rover Discovery and I would be more than happy to keep that as my 4x4 and then use the money to get a roadster, however no roadster on that price range can compare with the Gemballa. And besides the roadster can be only for me, while the Cayenne can be a delight for all the family. And as you already said the roads are intermittantly rough where I usually drive. Its a win-win situation unless you can suggest a car up to 50 large(an insiginficant amount for this) that satisfies all these parametres better than this one?

And this question was the original intent of the thread....tricky Thunder.

By hannu
Is this vehicle any good off road, it doesn't seem to have much ground clearance to me?

Would it be OK over the Rubicon?
By noemon
To be perfectly honest, I could never use this car off-road, nor can I or have I ever used the simple S version.. Am not that rich and I feel the pain. Maybe in case I have to if I find myself having to cross a small gravel path, but even then I would do it with 5 km max, plus the car has air-suspenion that lifts it up on demand if you need to.
By Thunderhawk
I believe its wheel can independantly articulate, it might be able to tackle to smoother parts of the rubicon trail if the wheel clearnace increases substantially. Its not a real 4x4, not even a faux jeep (like the recent Jeep cross overs) so I doubt it could handle the whole of the rubicon.
By killim
PFFF for what is any Porsche good for in the USA? Even our lousy driving school cars drive faster....

Remember: It is not important what you drive, it is important to drive in Germany or the Isle of Man.
By Aekos
Remember: It is not important what you drive, it is important to drive in Germany or the Isle of Man.

Except for when you get stopped by the Gestapo.
By killim
Which is impossible if you can't travel back in time and i can not advise you to drive on '30ties Autobahns faster then 120 mph
By Dr House
I agree, the Cayenne is awesome.
By Little von

VW Touareg: Cayenne's fraternal twin brother. Same vehicle at an affordable price, and probably one of the most awesome offroad vehicles you can get today.
By Adrien
Bad. Taste. And. Made. For. Jersey. Shore. Contestants.
By Jarlaxle
Thunderhawk wrote:I recognize that the quality difference is huge.

Im actually unsure about the attraction to high end SUVs/4x4s. At that price range you have the money such that if you need and SUV/4x4 you get one seperate from your luxury toy so that the luxury toy can be a proper road hugging sports car which will have a superior driving feel to that of a high drag top heavy SUV/4x4. If you want off roading you get a proper and powerfull 4x4.

It only makes sense to me if the terrain is intermittantly rough and the owner adamantly only wants one car, but its still a compromise.

The Cayenne Turbo is (HERESY!) actually faster around The 'Ring than a Porsche 911. :D It is, clearly, not intended as an off-roader.

Little von wrote:VW Touareg: Cayenne's fraternal twin brother. Same vehicle at an affordable price, and probably one of the most awesome offroad vehicles you can get today.

The Touareg is not an off-roader at all, unless by that you mean gravel roads...there are half a dozen or more off-road-capable vehicles that will go where a Touareg cannot dream of going.
By Thunderhawk
The Cayenne Turbo is (HERESY!) actually faster around The 'Ring than a Porsche 911. It is, clearly, not intended as an off-roader.

.. I have a bias, roadsters should be fast, have great handling and have a low profile. They dont have to be the fastest nor hug the ground per se, but these add greatly to the enjoyment IMO. If one wants a fast big box, why not get a used cessna or an ultralight? they are (sort of) in the same price range and speed, yet much more interesting.

(note: I dont actually care to drive very fast myself. Enjoyment and views are important to me. Thats why I like bicycles and ultralights)
By Jarlaxle
You can't take a Cessna to work, usually!

You can't even provide a coherent biological defi[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Winston Churchill was one of Russia's great supp[…]

Legal Analysis by University Network for HumanRigh[…]

@annatar1914 That video of the Black Sun is abou[…]