Recumbent Bicycles? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Unperson-S
Does anyone have a recumbent cycle? If so, what are they like?

If anyone doesnt know what a recumbent bicycle is :

Apparently theyre allot faster than conventional bikes, and were banend in 1934 from participating in races with conventional cycles as a result.

They look a big odd though, I mean must be hard to get used to getting on it. They also use different muscles to conventional bikes, so takes about 6-8 weeks to actually go faster than normal bikes. But they look so odd, I dont know whether I could ride one, also I like my racer. Its weird to think theres a faster type of bike than a racer.
By canyoucatchme
ZI didn't know these things exist. Well, since they are banned, then I don't think I would have seen them, since I was not yet born in 1984. But I would love to have a ride on these things...Interesting. How would you jump off the bike in an emergency?
By Unperson-S
Havent a clue hehe. They were banned from competing in races with conventional bicycles, not banned from roads.
By Kylie
I wonder what those bikes would be like on hills?
By Nets
They certainly look less stable than a conventional bike, you cant just put your feet out to stabilize yourself, if you fall over its going to hurt much more.
By Blondie
I wonder what those bikes would be like on hills?

They make it much easier to climb hills. Don't ask me how, but they do, strangely. :eh:

It’s not even the case that all Zionists are Jews[…]

No. The U of A encampment was there for a day or t[…]

Yeah, because they are based on the ever-changing[…]

Weird of you to post this, you always argued that[…]