Islamic car planned - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Oxymoron
http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/12/news/in ... tm?cnn=yes

Iran and Malayasia are planning to develop a Islamic Car, with that will point the way to Mecca and have extra storage for the Quran and Scarfs.

I think they should add a few other extras I am sure will sell well.

Leather will be Halal.

Instead of GPS it will be set up with the Will of Allah.

For Women drivers they will provide a black tarp to cover the car only the front window will be open.

The Afghani model will have compartments under the back seats for convient poppy storage.

By the way I am not trying to offend anybody just jokes, which are not that funny.
By hannu
I have a Proton. I'ts fitted with a hydraulic handbrake which makes it very good for skidding. Not as good as rear wheel drive but still good, if you get my drift. :D

I think it would be a good idea for Proton to introduce a rear wheel drive drift model for Muslims.

It would give Proton and Muslims more street cred in the West.
By casper77
Interesting thinking about creating the muslim-mobile:

CRESCENT STAR HOOD ORNAMENT
Now that would be phat. And make it really shiny.

GLOWING LIGHT UP RIMZ
You know those rims that light up, glow and make all these cool drawings while you drive? How about one that flashes Islamic messages. Something like "It's late, you should be praying Ishaa"

ISLAMIC LITERATURE
There's this story of a Muslim guy who got his car jacked. But one day he saw that the car had been returned. There was a note in the car and it said, "Sorry for stealing your car. I've returned it but I kept the Islamic stuff you had in the back." It was an Islamic casette, pamphlet or booklet. So yeah, get that stuff in your car. True story a shaykh was telling. Since I heard that story I always keep stuff in my car.

MEGAPHONE
I was thinking of having a big megaphone on the top or side of the car that can be used to make announcements after Jummah or for Dawah...just imagine some guy driving by with a really hot ride and this big speaker: "Accept Islam and be like me!"

NITRO
Just for when the Islamophobes attack you got a quick getaway.

LICENSE PLATE
How about 786? Although it isn't an Islamically correct thing in some people's view, it has popularity amongst Muslims as 'our' number.

RADIO CONNECTION FOR IPOD
There's this thing Belkin sells that you plug into your Ipod or MP3 Player and it broadcasts the audio from your IPOD to a radio frequency. So you tune your car radio to this frequency and listen. So the idea is your not the only person listening but that you have other people listen to that station. How do you do that?

BUMPER STICKER
Have one that says "Tune in to FM to listen to my Music" and then they find themselves listening to Khalid Yasin's Purpose of Life lecture.
Also there are plenty of other Islamic bumber stickers out there. You could have some inspirational messages on them.

KAABA COMPASS
A built-in kaaba compass that tells you the right way to Mecca.

ATTAR COMPARTMENT
A special section in the car that holds your perfume for right before prayer time at the mosque.

PRAYER STUFF
A sticker or something that has helpful duaas on it. Ex: Duaa for traveling, duaa for when your lost, duaa for protection. Also something that tells you how you can shorten your prayers for when your traveling and all the technicalities with it.
By QatzelOk
This is the car companies most pained propaganda campaign ever.

As if the car has a future in any other type of culture than a consumer one.

All cars are haram except emergency vehicles and electric mass transit.
By Noelnada

All cars are haram except emergency vehicles and electric mass transit.

I guess if Allah gave us two feet and two legs , that was for using them , not to loose them in cars race accidents.

Bismillah the Madhi will come and fix all this bogus society!!

All my prayers going for that :hmm:
By hannu
^ So a lightweight rear wheel drive Proton with 250 bhp & kaaz limited slip differential would be out of the question for Muslims? Don't Muslims skid? Is it haram?

This is depressing.
By QatzelOk
Don't Muslims skid?

Of course, 12-year-old Muslims skid on their bikes.

What is it with you and skidding?

:lol:
By hannu
QatzelOk wrote:
Of course, 12-year-old Muslims skid on their bikes.

What is it with you and skidding?

It's all about dynamics.

When you ride a bicycle or car you are "fixed" to the ground with no slippage. Once you skid you move into another dimension of movement. Controlling this movement is most satisfying.

Sailing, Kite flying, jumping through the air, sliding down hill on foot in the snow, all offer this extra dimension of unsecured but controllable drift.

I know that using fossil fuel for this purpose is wrong but we all have our faults.

This is a similar sort of thing but much more eco friendly.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yBlPnXoLS_c&watch_response
By Oxymoron
Hannu I could say that GM introduced a Hover Craft and you would still tell us all about the granduer of rear wheel drive. :lol:
By hannu
^ No I don't really think so. Christopher Cockrell came up with a true drifters machine when he invented the hovercraft.

Perhaps that's why you don't see many Muslims driving them?
By sploop!
This is the ideal opportunity for me to leap in and say 'skid-marks'.

Also, can I suggest, as a handy additional feature for this Islamic vehicle, some sort of bomb-shaped compartment with a nice easy-to reach detonator button on the dash? Or what about (better still) some sort of underseat container for the storage of kidnapped white women?

I heard, some time ago, that the same company was designing a car especially for Americans. This car would take up the whole of the fucking road, quack like a duck, only be able to turn right, and had some sort of special stealth technology, making it easier to sneak up on Muslims and run them over. But they had to give up on it because they found that they were completely unable to make anything ugly enough to appeal to Americans.
By Oxymoron
Sloop the bomb refrence to obvious you lose 2 funny points.

whole of the fucking road,
Yeah we already have them they are called Hummers.
By hannu
Oxymoron wrote: Yeah we already have them they are called Hummers.

I was told that Arnie had a fleet of mothballed hummers which were never used.

To improve his green credentials he got rid of them. Presumably the people he sold them to will now be using them. Where's the logic in that?
By Thunderhawk
I suspect this is more of a gimmick to boost local auto manufacturing then it is about religion.
By Oxymoron
Really Thunder?? I thought they were inspired by direct communication with the Prophet Muhammed.
By sploop!
Sloop the bomb refrence to obvious you lose 2 funny points.

That's fair enough. But you did leave this huge suicide-bomber-gag shaped hole in your original post.

If its any help, I feel like a complete twat. Despite your warning not to be, I was a bit offended by the joke, and my reply was meant as a sarcastic riposte. But you know, you are right, and I am wrong. There is something really funny about the idea of an Islamic car, just as there would be were it a Christian car.

It'll be interesting to see what they suggest for helping customers to buy it. I believe 'Finance' is forbidden under strict Muslim law, because of the profit-making through interest. They'd have to address this, somehow.

The Roman Empire split into three parts during th[…]

Yet, here is some man Five Man thinking men are g[…]

New USA weapons

https://youtu.be/hWUJ9aIafWo?si=9twfVrg6izce3kJ3 […]

So you think the WFP is lying. Why would they li[…]