Driving a Ferrari - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about sports cars, aeroplanes, ships, rockets etc.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Jon
As some know, I got a “drive a pair of Ferrari’s” experience for my 21st birthday last year. Well, today was the day I actually did the experience. On arrival, there were three Ferraris waiting to greet us.
They are, in order of closest to furthest away: 355, 348, 308. The 308 was a backup in case anyone spooned the 355 or 348 into a hedge.

After a briefing, everybody was split into groups and sent to do an activity.
The activities consisted of: driving a “reverse steer” Astra (a car with the steering rack backwards – left goes right and right goes left… very confusing, but fun), a speed test in an Astra (with the steering rack the right way round this time…), a speed test in a Dax Rush kit car (Lotus 7 inspired), a ride in a rally car with a professional driver, and of course, the Ferrari’s.

Well, my group got to drive the 355 first off. An awesome car: rear mount V8 pushing 375bhp, with double H six speed gearbox, capable of 182mph.
Me, in 355… they disconnected the speedo (although I never looked at it – you listen to the rev’s to time the gear changes), but we apparently hit 140mph. By the time I got back to the loading area the brakes were stinking.

The second activity was driving the 348. Again, rear mount V8, but as its older it “only” pushes 300bhp.
Interestingly, although Ferrari make damn fine cars, their gearboxes a junk. Never have I had to fight so hard to get a car into gear. Also, the 348 and 308 uses a six point, 5 gear, box, which locates reverse directly up from first. And yes, it is possible to go from first into reverse whilst travelling forward (this is considered a no-no as it drops parts of the gearbox all over the track).

We then moved onto the reverse-steer Astra and speed test Astra. Next was the Dax Rush.
This car uses a 2-litre Ford Pinto engine (90-100bhp) and weighs about the same as a fart. A welded rear diff means the two wheels move at the same speed making it extremely easy to spin. In other words, fun.

Lastly, it was the ride in rally car. Really, if you think you can drive, get in a car with a rally driver. You know nothing.
This is a Pugeot 306 rally spec (it is actually entered into a rally on the 8th June).

However, this is not all. For an additional £25, I got to drive the Ferrari 308 (rear mount, 275bhp) as well. This is the Ferrari Tom Selleck (sp?) had in Magnum PI. I wish I’d worn my Hawaiian shirt now.
All in all, a really great day.
My personal preference for the Ferrari’s: 355 (very comfortable, smoothest gearshift, most power), then 308 (cool ‘cause of the of the Magnum PI connection and a nice drive considering no power steering), then 348 (gears and steering weren’t there for me).
Still. Any Ferrari would be nice.
By Adrien
I'd bet he did it on purpose on the second one, there's nobody on the driver's seat!

;)
By Jon
My dad took the pics (and movies - yes, I have movies too), but as you can probably tell, there's not an artistic bone in his body :lol:
By TUC
Hm....that dinky lil peugeot is a rally car.......must be a verry old one cause they used 206s in the past few years that actualy look like something:

But all I say to that is "Engine, no spoiler.":

They'll actualy pay me to drive it for 9 months :)

:roll: I want one of these....it looks much cooler.....and yes that is a guy sticking his head out.....:

By Jon
Putinist wrote:Jon - the man who thought The Matrix was rubbish.

Yup. And the second looks worse (and sounds it). But the Ferrari's are cool. You need to drive one to understand.
TUC wrote:Hm....that dinky lil peugeot is a rally car.......must be a verry old one cause they used 206s in the past few years that actualy look like something:

Its a 106, from the class A category not the WRC category.
By Adrien
It's a 306. :)

The second tank photo TUC posted is quite amusing, what is it, the new Smart? :lol:
By Tovarish Spetsnaz
I am perhaps the most anti-car guy in the world. I don't find them interesting at all.....but thats why I drive a 1992 Volkswagen Golf.

I'm with TUC...I'd rather drive a Weisel-1 around than a Ferrari.

But I think I have you beat Jon.

Who here has been inside a MiG-19??? *raises hand*...ME!! :D
By TUC
As Tovarish Spets pointed out that lil thing is a Wiesel I dont know what type it is....it has a large diesel engine an is the size of a VW-Golf. I find it kinda cute....and it even fits throught the driveins of most restaurant chains.....imagine...... 8)
By Putinist
Yup. And the second looks worse (and sounds it).

Idiocy reaches a new level of ingenuity.

I'll leave you to your dull old classics and wooden acting.
By Jon
Putinist wrote:Idiocy reaches a new level of ingenuity.

I'll leave you to your dull old classics...

Please do. And I'll leave you to your films of all style and no substance.

Putinist wrote:...and wooden acting.

Hello pot, I'm a kettle.

MiG19? I'll take the Ferrari thanks.
By Putinist
Please do. And I'll leave you to your films of all style and no substance.

And I'll leave you to your self-subjection to black and white Bette Davis crap 24/7.
By Jon
I currently own 2 black and white films (No colour makes it no good? So Raging Bull was a shite film then?), and nothing with Bette Davis.

Darn. Must try harder.
By Putinist
I currently own 2 black and white films (No colour makes it no good? So Raging Bull was a shite film then?), and nothing with Bette Davis.

When I was at school people with your film taste got their lunch money taken by McVeigh...

99.9% of all the pre-1970 black and white films were total rubbish. Newer films ar ethe kings... hands down.
By Jon
Well, thats your opinion. I however, am more open to different sources and influences.
If you want to post a reply do it, and then I'll lock this thread as it seems to be going nowhere.

The prosecutor will need to explain why is it that[…]

If your argument centers around not believing in […]

https://i.ibb.co/Bs37t8b/canvas-moral[…]

I was being sarcastic, @FiveofSwords . Hitler wa[…]