2014–15 Premier League - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Sports, Hobbies and all things unrelated to Politics.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By U185
The season starts August 16th but there are some good pre-season games going on today. Arsenal is playing really well against Benfica in the Emirates Cup game. The game with West Ham United vs Schalke 04 is about to start too. I'm excited about Arsenal's team for this upcoming season!

edit: Yaya Sanogo just scored an epic goal!

edit: Sanogo did a hat trick in the first 20 minutes. Arsenal is winning 4-0.
LVG's preseason campaign makes me hopeful for United this season. Even if they don't win, they will be contending… which is a change from Moyes' disastrous run last year. I wonder how well Giggs is being groomed for the position in a few year's time. Many great players have gone on to have terrible managing careers and no one would want to see his reputation tarnished like that. It's too early to tell, but do you guys think Giggs will fare well when it's his time?
They're fucked without Suarez

Surely Rickey Lambert is a like for like replacement, bound to get at least 30 goals.

Can see Chelsea steamroll the league, Man utd stink it up again and Tottenham in the top 4 at Arsenals expense
Goldberk wrote:Surely Rickey Lambert is a like for like replacement, bound to get at least 30 goals.

Lambert is a good signing but unless he turns out to be the greatest footballer in the world next season he's not a like for like replacement of Suarez.
I'll give it a whirl. I've put together a beast of a team for the Sky one, even if I say so myself (it'll turn out to be shite, of course, but whatever ).

I think Liverpool are going to have a tough time this year. Not just because they don't have Suarez, but because they don't seem to have strengthened enough defensively. On another note, from what I've seen of Louis Van Gaal, I want Man Utd to fail even more than usual. What an absolute tool that man is.
Heisenberg wrote:I'll give it a whirl. I've put together a beast of a team for the Sky one, even if I say so myself (it'll turn out to be shite, of course, but whatever ).

I think Liverpool are going to have a tough time this year. Not just because they don't have Suarez, but because they don't seem to have strengthened enough defensively. On another note, from what I've seen of Louis Van Gaal, I want Man Utd to fail even more than usual. What an absolute tool that man is.

Actually, they've been buying up for defense from what I can tell, Alberto Moreno today , but they've got no-one up front really. They sunk 10 million into 19 year old Divock Origi but he'll be out on loan for a year. They really need to make a big striker signing from somewhere.
Man Utd is pathetic. They lost 4-0 against a League One side in the Capital One Cup.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iymz8WhK3lE I was […]

Exactly. I think this is the caution to those tha[…]

You probably think Bill nye is an actual scientis[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]