My new sig - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
By Jesse
I believe I've seen video footage of that police officer executing the spy. In fact, the same person who took that photo, also took a photo of the police officer, lying in a puddle of his own blood, dying, several weeks later. Ironic, and makes a great sell for a story.
By CasX
enlight wrote:the shooter is actually a police or military officer

I believe it was the military police chief of Saigon. And yes, the victim was a suspected Viet Cong fighter.

The use of that picture bewilds me - 'peace through power' - how exactly does the execution of the suspect show peace?

And why the picture of the fascist Pinochet? Especially with the words 'doing it right'?
By enLight
CasX wrote:how exactly does the execution of the suspect show peace?

Peace as a result of eliminating opposition - in this case a communist guerilla.

And why the picture of the fascist Pinochet? Especially with the words 'doing it right'?

I used "Right" in the political sense, as well as the literal - it's a pun. Pinochet prevented the Marxist hi-jacking of Chile by instituting a period of martial law. He was not a fascist. He restored the free-market economy, constitutional order, and democracy in Chile.

Have you read my paper on Pinochet? I believe it is posted in Political Circus. However, I am planning to rewrite the "Final Thoughts" section.
By CasX
Oh jees, another Pinochet sympathiser. You can't excuse his crimes just because he was right-wing, if that's what you've got in mind. Am I a Stalin supporter just because he was leftist? No.

By 'hi-jacking' I suppose you mean democracy.

He restored 'constitutional order' and 'democracy'?
By democracy, you apparently mean dictatorship this time. And by constitutional order you mean violations of humanity in every way.

http://www.lakota.clara.net/
By Ásatrúar
geez people this is just the sig place. Argue somewhere else. :lol:
I think the sig is great, and shows something that I wanted to (but am not good enough) in my "Peace through Strength" sig. As for that Viet cong guy, I am sure he deserved what he got, they were terrorists.
By CasX
Winston Churchill advocated and ordered the intentional bombings and gassings of civilians many, many times during his lifetime.

Should he have been shot in the street?

Terrorism can't really be justified, but it also doesn't justify anything.
By CasX
That thread is irrelevant, however I remember Freedom (another with pro-Pinochet tendencies) posting a thread about him in the political circus board, so you can continue your ideas there if you wish, enlight.
By Freedom
Oh yeah I remember that thread its in the South American section.

It’s not even the case that all Zionists are Jews[…]

No. The U of A encampment was there for a day or t[…]

Yeah, because they are based on the ever-changing[…]

Weird of you to post this, you always argued that[…]