My first sig - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
By MB.
Very nice. Now all you need are some flowers.
By Jesse
Reminds me of something from Lord of the Rings. I'd imagine such a theme is exactly what you were aiming for ;)

Very pure and Nordic.
By Ásatrúar
Thanks guys. No jesse, I didn't think of Tolkiens works (Old English lore and Myths by the way) while I was choosing a picture. The picture I found on the internet. It is the Alps, not to far to the south of my current location.

The theme is naturaly, a common one - Middle Earth.
Where from did Tolkien get "Middle Earth?"
Old English: Middangeard
Old Norse: Miðgarðr
Commonly know as Midgard, it was what the germanic peoples called the world in which they lived. They translate directly into Middle Earth. A proper name for a land in which he was telling stories based on old germanic lore and mythology.
By Jesse
Well, the man was the Professor of Old English at Exter College. I'd hope he knew what he was teaching to all those young men :p
By joe
Ásatrúar wrote:I made it with photoshop. First try. How is it? I would appreciate comments and suggestions. :cheers:

:evil:

looks good :) - plain and nice and easy
By Yeddi
Like it. Nice and clean. :)
By Proctor
It's very pretty.

Jesse, I just think it's kind of weird that it is 'very pure and Nordic', but also reminds you of something from Lord of the Rings. New Zealand is almost opposite from Northern Europe.

*feels cold*
By Jesse
Well, how I imagined Lord of the Rings whilst reading the book had, occasionally, a different image than the ones of the film.

I think I generally had a more Nordic mindset throughout the entire book :hmm:
By Ásatrúar
I too imagined the book different than the films. The songs he wrote in the books really makes you feel the culture and of the times. I like the dwarf songs in the Hobbit. I wish they made a film (not the cartoon) of that book before the lord of the rings. I liked it better as a kid.
By enLight
:up:

I like the militaristic mood of it. However, I think I like the first one better. I think it's more visually appealing (probably because it's in color).

Oh, by the way, what does the second one say, translated in English?
By Ásatrúar
peace through strength

[edit]Btw - those are WWII Swiss soldiers watching the line, like my Grandpa did. You can hardly see it but they have Artillery and Machineguns there too, I couldn't fit that in. I will post more pictures and ask someone to make a better one for me.
By Ásatrúar
By Vivisekt
Ásatrúar wrote:third

Looks like a Rammstein CD cover. Not bad.

It’s not even the case that all Zionists are Jews[…]

No. The U of A encampment was there for a day or t[…]

Yeah, because they are based on the ever-changing[…]

Weird of you to post this, you always argued that[…]