My new sig - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about and show off personal signature and avatar images.
By enLight
I was inspired by the various Cold War conflicts between Rightist forces and Leftist forces.

This is the pro-Right one, I might make a counterpart pro-Left one next...

By Smith 2.0
Hmmm... Stylistically very neat enlight, as always, although I have reservations about the use of the central picture.

You may also like to know that I'm going to use the photoshop tip you gave me in a pro-UN sig! :p
By enLight
Smith wrote:I have reservations about the use of the central picture.

Well, that kind of reaction should be expected. It's a very powerful picture.

You may also like to know that I'm going to use the photoshop tip you gave me in a pro-UN sig! :p

Go for it! I'll be anxious to see the result.
By The Outspoken
It's definately an interesting sig. I'm in the process of making a few more for myself.
By Cap
Cool sig.... (political views set aside), although I can't say I'm happy about the lack of colour. :smokin: :rainbow:

Cap 8)
By Smith 2.0
Well, that kind of reaction should be expected. It's a very powerful picture.

Exactly - like Cap said, political views aside, it's a great sig.

Go for it! I'll be anxious to see the result.

Cheers, I've already finished it, but my damn villagephotos account has locked because of bandwith overkill, so I can't post it. :knife:
By enLight
CaptainCanada wrote:I can't say I'm happy about the lack of colour.

I agree, but two of the three pics I used were black and white. I really had no choice. :hmm:

Smith wrote:Cheers, I've already finished it, but my damn villagephotos account has locked because of bandwith overkill, so I can't post it.

If you have continual problems, and need a host, you can e-mail me the sig(garrickscheer@localgenius.com) and I'll host it on my website. Just an option...
By Smith 2.0
Thanks for the offer but i've just realised i've got a geocities account I wasn't making use of!
By Cap
I like it Smith... what's in the background though? :hmm:

Cap 8)
By Vivisekt
It's a nice sig, enlight. Force = Authority.
By Smith 2.0
I like it Smith... what's in the background though?

'Enola Gay'

Precisely, it is a cropped photograph of the B-29 bomber The 'Enola Gay' which dropped the 'Little Boy' atomic weapon on the Japanese city of Hiroshima on 6th August, 1945.
By Steven_K
Very cool enlight. The style is very cool, reminds me of my sig, so I like it. The central picture is an intersting choice, I think. I've seen it called the image that solidified opposition to the Vietnam. In addition, its one of the most real and brutal examples of the dispicable acts carried out by America's allies in their struggle with communism. I would probably have used that sort of picture in a sig decrying the cold war atrocities carried out by Americans.
By Jesse
I like the central quote - its so true, even if people would rather believe otherwise. The troops, the Pinochet picture, they're all good. I dislike the centre picture - the figure shown in it is too barbaric, too primitive, too rag-tag. I'm sure I can find some kind of Nazi military tribunal execution if you'd like, or something along those lines - perhaps a black and white still from a film?

Here's one - from 1984

By enLight
Jesse wrote:I dislike the centre picture - the figure shown in it is too barbaric, too primitive, too rag-tag. I'm sure I can find some kind of Nazi military tribunal execution if you'd like, or something along those lines - perhaps a black and white still from a film?

I don't know if you've seen the whole picture (it's actually tricky to find on the web) but the shooter is actually a police or military officer - you just can't tell since I clipped off his body.

The reason I chose it was becauase I wanted a picture of a summary execution, the kind of thing that would occur during martial law. Not only was this pic powerful but it also showed the brutal, "street-justice" nature of the event. I wanted that feeling.

But sure, if you post some other pics, I'll consider them.
By Ásatrúar
The man being shot was a north vietnamese spy in civilian clothing. He was given sumeray execution as what is called for it in times of war.
By Smith 2.0
That was the allegation yes, you may know more than I do whether or not it was more than just an allegation. Either way, it is a very provocative image, arguably one of the most emotive photographs I've ever seen.
By Smith 2.0
Yeah this is also a pretty intense picture - there are quite a few similar pictures from the Japanese occupation of China, particularly from the infamous 'Rape of Nanking' of course...

Liberia is not indistinguishable from other Afric[…]

Taiwan-China crisis.

I don't put all the blame on Taiwan. I've said 10[…]

“Whenever the government provides opportunities a[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afghanistan defeated the USSR, we are not talking[…]