So bad it's good - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Decky
The Wicker Man (Nicholas Cage version)

If you view it as a comedy instead of a horror it is a modern classic, a mastepiece.
By voxlashi
Nicholas Cage = God-tier actor:

May contain spoilers (although I prefer to look at them as advertisement in credit for this remarkable actor).
[youtube]bbLmW9or_pg[/youtube]
By Drlee
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Twister.

Caligula

Soul Plane

Water Word (If they live in a world that is all water, why are they all so dirty?)
By Potemkin
Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Movies which are deliberately bad don't count.
By Nets
Varax wrote:Zardoz

Dagoth Ur wrote:Silent Running

I enjoy both of these, particularly the second one.
By Dagoth Ur
Zardoz should not be on this list as it is legitimately amazing.

Silent Running I put up solely because those robots looked like shit. It's still a badass movie.
By Potemkin
Zardoz is so fucking insane that it's impossible to categorise it as either 'good' or 'bad' It's just.... wtf?!

Silent Running is a brilliant movie, a classic of 70s alternative cinema, just like Dark Star. And the robots Hewie, Dewie and Louis are awesome.
By Dagoth Ur
Cool characters, shitty costumes. Also Zardoz is like a drug trip without any drugs. So it's extra fun to watch on drugs.

EDIT:
I just remembered that most of the Brutals wore suit jackets and slacks, with no shoes or shirt. That was awesome.
Last edited by Dagoth Ur on 12 Apr 2014 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
By Nets
Zardoz never quite rises to the level of its opening scene. The opening scene is just....incredible.
By Dagoth Ur
The later implications, that Zardoz was more important than their closed off Zones, was poignant. As well as the idea of being punished by being made to age suddenly and rapidly. But yeah that intro scene was amazing.

What, exactly, are you accusing me of that is unc[…]

No surprises here, the democrats (including MSNBC)[…]

New evidence of AI self-awareness?

A few days ago, I found a story, I believe on my M[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/5/6/text-of-th[…]