The New Sickle & Hammer - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Discuss literary and artistic creations, or post your own poetry, essays etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Decky
China should get rid of Hong Kong's special status and bring it into line with the rest of China. It's long past time they stopped wishing for the days of being part of Britain.
Decky wrote:China should get rid of Hong Kong's special status and bring it into line with the rest of China. It's long past time they stopped wishing for the days of being part of Britain.

Britain will ruin the people of Hong Kong like they did India. This is why the Naxalite comrades are fighting against them. Hong Kong will be another banking district promoting capitalist power through stooge-like behavior.
My concern though is that China just like Hong Kong wants to be a capitalist mega giant. They wont fess up to the killing of millions of farmers and refuse to acknowledge their brutal suppression of common sense. China has become an anti-intellectual state.
By Decky
When was the last time you touched a sickle Decky?

I'm a worker not a peasant. This is basic stuff, the hammer is for the proletariat and the sickle represents the peasantry.

Fun fact of the day: On early Soviet propaganda it was a hammer and a plough, they didn't settle on the sickle for the peasantry until later.
The Clockwork Rat wrote:Okay, how many people in the working class have a regular, functional relationship with hammers? How many use keyboards on a regular basis?

I am not working and use hammers on a regular basis along with keyboards. I prefer the feel of pen though oppose to paper.
Us programmers are not as tech dispositioned as you think we are
By Eauz
F***! The left will never succeed if we're fighting over symbolic idiocy and fetishising over the past. We're acting like 3 year old children. Are there any responsible far-left supporters in the world, anymore? I'll assume not...
Eauz wrote:F***! The left will never succeed if we're fighting over symbolic idiocy and fetishising over the past. We're acting like 3 year old children. Are there any responsible far-left supporters in the world, anymore? I'll assume not...

*raises hand*
I believe in the power of The Left. Hence my usage of my right hand so as not to sully the sacredness of the left
By Eauz
The Clockwork Rat wrote:You're right Eauz, this is the only matter I care about.

Not specific to you. I give up. I'll stick to re-education. You guys bring home the victory.
By Decky
Okay, how many people in the working class have a regular, functional relationship with hammers? How many use keyboards on a regular basis?

Why don't you just go and join Labour already? I am sure you would get on well with Mandleson.
Decky wrote:Why don't you just go and join Labour already? I am sure you would get on well with Mandleson.

I have never been so offended! You might as well call me a fucking Tory.

Anyway, since when was the working class defined by the specific tools of production rather than their economic relationship with capital?

Edit: Don't bother answering, because it was never.

*flounce*

We need to be aware that Mossad will be operating […]

Currently you and others as well as the US are sti[…]

Oh, please. "its 300 year old naval headqua[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

No in the longer term the West Bank Arabs and pr[…]