Trump Landslide Reelection Victory Party Countdown Thread - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Julian658 wrote:Unemployment was at an all time low before COVID. Salaries were rapidly increasing. Small businesses were not asphyxiated by regulation. You don’t see this because you don’t work for a living. Btw, my taxes went up with trump. He severely limited mortgage and real estate tax deductions. If you owned a home and worked for a living you would know this.

The Economic recovery started before trump and owes more to Obama. If you look at the graph of unemployment is pretty much stright lin through Obama and trump pretty much nothing changed.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-sta ... yment-rate

And it was not an all time low.

Economic decisions by presidents do not just own that next month statistics they take a longtime to work through the economy,

You know nothing about my circumstances.
Julian658 wrote:Unemployment was at an all time low before COVID. Salaries were rapidly increasing. Small businesses were not asphyxiated by regulation. You don’t see this because you don’t work for a living. Btw, my taxes went up with trump. He severely limited mortgage and real estate tax deductions. If you owned a home and worked for a living you would know this.

Trumop tax chnages heavily favored the 1% , wealthy people and corporations,.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax- ... ou-4113968
https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trum ... explained/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Cuts_ ... come_level

Basic historical objective facts.
ccdan wrote:Which is a good thing! If it weren't for those 1%, the hoi polloi would have the standard of living of subsistence farmers in developing countries!

How so?

The 1% do almost nothing contribute to society. Generally speaking their wealth comes form various rent taking actions which do little positive and are actually to the detriment of the economy , increasing the cost of actual productive investment.
'
pugsville wrote:The 1% do almost nothing contribute to society.

Show us one single DEVELOPED country on this planet which doesn't have its own 1%!

Show us one single DEVELOPED country on this planet, whose economy and tax revenues don't depend heavily on businesses owned by those 1%!

If they "do almost nothing" why don't you do the same thing - namely "almost nothing" - and become rich?
:lol:
ccdan wrote:Show us one single DEVELOPED country on this planet which doesn't have its own 1%!

Show us one single DEVELOPED country on this planet, whose economy and tax revenues don't depend heavily on businesses owned by those 1%!

If they "do almost nothing" why don't you do the same thing - namely "almost nothing" - and become rich?
:lol:

No argument to see here. that sort of wealth is about privaledge and manipulation of power. It's not about anuything like work, earning , it;s the result of power.

Simply I do not have that privilege and power. Also I'm really not that interested in money. Having money really would not chnage my life much at all. Sure I would like some more things, not much more, but I know it really would not impact my life much.

The 1% are colossal life failures iMHO. The Meaningless pursuit of wealth far beyond what you actually need for a good life is the sign that really have no idea about life, the universe and everything. That society rewards and lauds they terribly imbalanced idiots is annoying.

Anyone who purses money for it;s own sake is someone who knows the price of things with no idea of value of anything.

That's one of the basic problems with capitalism these are the sort of people who control the most resources , the very ones who don't actually have any idea of value at all.

Money is not of any real value in of itself, it's just the oil to make the gears go around. Worshiping a meaningless lubricant rather than the value of what people can achieve is teh sign of complete and utter failure in life.
pugsville wrote:Trumop tax chnages heavily favored the 1% , wealthy people and corporations,.

https://www.thebalance.com/trump-s-tax- ... ou-4113968
https://www.investopedia.com/taxes/trum ... explained/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_Cuts_ ... come_level

Basic historical objective facts.

Trump reduced real estate tax deductions and state tax deductions to a max of 10k. That markedly increased my taxes. Trump also reduced the mortgage interest in people with a mortgage over 1 million. I am paying more taxes now and pray to God Biden fixes that problem.

I get your point! I understand why those that do not pay taxes want others to pay more.
Julian658 wrote:Trump reduced real estate tax deductions and state tax deductions to a max of 10k. That markedly increased my taxes. Trump also reduced the mortgage interest in people with a mortgage over 1 million. I am paying more taxes now and pray to God Biden fixes that problem.

I get your point! I understand why those that do not pay taxes want others to pay more.

Trump taxes favored the 1%, large cop rations and the wealthy rather than working people.

Your claim in just wrong.
pugsville wrote:Trump taxes favored the 1%, large cop rations and the wealthy rather than working people.

Your claim in just wrong.

If you think my claim is wrong then I am basically talking to someone that repeats left wing talking points without trying to determine if they are true or not. Any homeowner in a state with a high cost of living ended up paying more taxes with Trump. In my case my taxes went up.

Tax Deductions That Went Away, Starting With 2018 Taxes
https://www.investopedia.com/tax-deduct ... ay-4582165

BTW, did you know that the the bottom 50% earners only pay 3.7% of the total federal tax? The rest of the tax bill is paid by the top 50% earners.

Julian658 wrote:If you think my claim is wrong then I am basically talking to someone that repeats left wing talking points without trying to determine if they are true or not. Any homeowner in a state with a high cost of living ended up paying more taxes with Trump. In my case my taxes went up.

Tax Deductions That Went Away, Starting With 2018 Taxes
https://www.investopedia.com/tax-deduct ... ay-4582165

BTW, did you know that the the bottom 50% earners only pay 3.7% of the total federal tax? The rest of the tax bill is paid by the top 50% earners.

Does not make your case,

Overall who got the most benefit from Trump tax cuts?

How much the 50%of bottom earners pay is irrelevant it's not part of this argument.
:roll: @Julian658 FUCK. OFF.

If I am a billionaire, my life is not impacted, in the slightest, by paying a high tax rate of say $450 million of my $1 billion. If I am barely getting by, then the tax rate is oppressive and untenable. You are making the typical asshole argument, when it comes to paying taxes, by arguing the rich pay more. Of course they fucking do! They also pay more money jet fuel for their jets, and moorage fees for their yachts than the typical person... :knife:

Is that billionaire going to pay more taxes than the next 20,000 people? No shit, Sherlock! He's still going to be stinking rich, though.
pugsville wrote:Does not make your case,

Overall who got the most benefit from Trump tax cuts?

How much the 50%of bottom earners pay is irrelevant it's not part of this argument.

The rich pay more taxes and therefore they benefit more from a tax cut. Btw, those that generally say the rich do not pay their fair share pay ZERO taxes. They are the people that bleed the state.

The point is: many that argue about taxes in this forum do not have a clue because they never had to pay taxes.
Julian658 wrote:The point is: many that argue about taxes in this forum do not have a clue because they never had to pay taxes.
Admin Edit: Rule 2 Violation

Most people here probably pay more than their fair share, and probably understand that people who make less end up contributing less, without getting their panties in bunch. Shits like you do, however, and are probably the biggest offenders.

It's like when @Hindsite would complain about government programs while he was benefiting from government subsidies. :knife:

That the very rich pay more taxes, after TAKING more, is only fair.
Julian658 wrote:The rich pay more taxes and therefore they benefit more from a tax cut. Btw, those that generally say the rich do not pay their fair share pay ZERO taxes. They are the people that bleed the state.

The point is: many that argue about taxes in this forum do not have a clue because they never had to pay taxes.

Thiis not relevant to the point at hand, you said Trump tax cuts delivered for the ordinary working person, this is defense of the tax cuts for the wealthy, Try stay on topic.

The last part is just personal attack of those who disagree with you claiming they never paid taxes. Something which you have no knwoledge of,

Reasoned argument. Stay on topic, refrain from irrelevant personal attacks,

Potem sounds a bit like a nazi to me. You have to[…]

@Pants-of-dog intent is, if anything, a key comp[…]

As for Zeihan, I didn't hear anything interesting[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

After the battle of Cannae, Rome was finished. It[…]