Roe VS Wade officially goes back before the Supreme Court - Page 18 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
wat0n wrote:Except for accessing public education, you mean.

:roll:

Being unable to access public education is not a legal punishment.

Bodily integrity trumps a right to life except for abortion. There you got a counterexample.

No, not quite.

Instead I am arguing:
Bodily integrity of one person trumps a right to life of another person except for abortion.

—————-

@Drlee

If you have an argument or rebuttal that I have not already addressed, please let me know.

Or go back to talking about my genitals, whatever.

But I will not respond to you unless you bring up a new and intelligent criticism of my argument.

Have a good one,
If you have an argument or rebuttal that I have not already addressed, please let me know.

On the contrary. I provided proof that vaccines are mandatory in the US and you ignored it. I also provided court decisions and you ignored it. I challenged you to show me "body autonomy" under US law but you ignored it because you can't. But I don't blame you for running away from me. You are not faring well.

Or go back to talking about my genitals, whatever.

I could not care less about your genitals; I am a Republican. (Not there is anything wrong with that. In life it is always the little things that are most important.)

But I will not respond to you unless you bring up a new and intelligent criticism of my argument.

So you can ignore that also? Don't flatter yourself. I post for anyone who may choose to indulge me by reading my humble opinions.

Have a good one,

I have a good one.
@Drlee

Then why did you start talking about my genitals?

:eh:

The only genitals we discuss on POFO are Rancids.

I should not have accused you of having your dick wrapped around anything though. I apologize if I hurt your feelings. We will give you credit even if it doesn't go ALL the way around.

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Instead I am arguing:
Bodily integrity of one person trumps a right to life of another person except for abortion.

Not true at all, ie: the case of government vaccine mandates. Also the case of siamese twin medical separation. Agents of the government (police officers) will also cause all sorts of violence on someone including death in order to the save the life of someone else.
Pants-of-dog wrote:1. They do not deal with the conflict between the right to life and body autonomy rights.

2. Vaccines are not compulsory.

Ok let's allow abortions then, but have the government force all private and public workers to be terminated from their jobs if they have abortions. Surely that isn't a form of coercion at all since as you say, people don't have to work so you should have no issue with such a terrible policy. It also isn't a "legal punishment".
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, vaccines are not compulsory.

Also
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodily_ ... ted_States

Again:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/R_v_Morgentaler

And:
https://stepstojustice.ca/glossary/security-person/

If you believe in security of the person so much then why do you support the right to abort unborn babies? You said you believe unborn babies should have the same rights as everyone else and yet you support killing them. Nobody should be then touching a fetus with the intent to kill it, and yet they are sucked out of the mother's womb all the time which is a clear violation of the security of the person. Fetuses are the victims of premeditated acts of violence without the consent of the otherwise healthy victim
Pants-of-dog wrote:Being unable to access public education is not a legal punishment.

Of course it is.

Pants-of-dog wrote:No, not quite.

Instead I am arguing:

You mean like with vaccines and seat belts?

But it quite evidently goes beyond that as in some cases you can't even decide to risk you own life. Back in the day it was even more restrictive as suicide was also illegal in several countries.
Unthinking Majority wrote:
Ok let's allow abortions then, but have the government force all private and public workers to be terminated from their jobs if they have abortions. Surely that isn't a form of coercion at all since as you say, people don't have to work so you should have no issue with such a terrible policy. It also isn't a "legal punishment".

You have a solution looking for a permissible justification...

Ever wonder why you don't have one?
Biden losing court cases right and left on his vaccine mandates...

1) Fifth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans for a second consecutive week ordered the Biden administration to halt implementation of a vaccine mandate

https://thecovidblog.com/2021/11/15/leg ... ly-flawed/

2) A federal judge in Missouri issued an order Monday partially blocking the Biden administration from implementing a vaccine mandate for certain health care workers

https://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2021/images/11/ ... 8.28.0.pdf

3) 6th Circuit Court Rules Against Biden Administration in OSHA Vaccine Mandate Lawsuit

https://rightsfreedoms.wordpress.com/20 ... e-lawsuit/
The Supreme Court has ruled to let Texas abortion ban stand. Roe v Wade was a bad ruling and it will be reversed.
Jojo Biden is the most incompetent clown the White House ever had. How did he get thru law school?? The courts have already overuled him 4 times.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Ok let's allow abortions then, but have the government force all private and public workers to be terminated from their jobs if they have abortions. Surely that isn't a form of coercion at all since as you say, people don't have to work so you should have no issue with such a terrible policy. It also isn't a "legal punishment".

Such a policy would not violate body autonomy, and would punish irresponsible women for having sex.

Some people would think this is a great idea.

—————

I have already addressed the other rebuttals on this page.
Actually POD has run from the rebuttals and answered none of them.

In an extraordinary letter the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court warns against upholding the Texas law. He maintains that to not do so would virtually eliminate the power of the Supreme Court.

I agree. It will also establish as perfectly legal the ability of individual persons to sue on anything regardless of standing. This would virtually eliminate any protection that individuals have under law from predatory lawsuits. For example, I could sue Walmart because my neighbors washer leaks even if the water never gets anywhere near my house.

Unfortunately the two Trump appointees will not care enough about their country nor its system of law to see this. The next decision will allow all citizens to carry any kind of firearm they want anywhere. We are quite literally collapsing before the eyes of the world.

All because the Democrats refuse to scrap a archaic rule in the Senate.
Drlee wrote:…..We are quite literally collapsing before the eyes of the world.

https://www.msnbc.com/the-reidout/reido ... t-rcna6455

For the first time, the United States has been added to a list of “backsliding democracies” in a global report from the International Institute for Democracy and Electoral Assistance, an organization based in Sweden.

“The United States, the bastion of global democracy, fell victim to authoritarian tendencies itself, and was knocked down a significant number of steps on the democratic scale,” according to the International IDEA’s "Global State of Democracy Report 2021," released Monday.
BlutoSays wrote:

Biden losing court cases right and left on his vaccine mandates...

Wait til they hit the Supreme Court. Not saying how the Kooks Krazy Kourt will handle it, but the precedents are simple and clear. Unless there is a superceding principle, vaccine mandates are permissible, have been for a century..
late wrote:Wait til they hit the Supreme Court. Not saying how the Kooks Krazy Kourt will handle it, but the precedents are simple and clear. Unless there is a superceding principle, vaccine mandates are permissible, have been for a century..

Does that mean you'll make vaccines mandatory for illegal aliens coming through the southern border? Or the United Auto Workers who just told Biden they won't comply?

Or does that mean that you'll keep doing what democrats do - play favorites, play lawfare and remain the most hypocritical bunch of donkeys (asses) on the planet depending on what outcome you want?
@BlutoSays Does that mean you'll make vaccines mandatory for illegal aliens coming through the southern border?

Well this is a stupid question. To the first part. I would not allow illegal aliens to "come through the southern border" in the first place. Neither does the Biden administration. But those of us who understand the science realize that illegals have nothing to do with this pandemic. The problem worldwide is simply those who are not vaccinate.

Or the United Auto Workers who just told Biden they won't comply?

Because I am a law and order Republican, I would prosecute anyone who breaks the law. I find it laughable that you mention this when we have the entire Republican party apparatus discouraging vaccination and killing the deeply unintelligent people who refuse to be vaccinated.

Or does that mean that you'll keep doing what democrats do - play favorites, play lawfare and remain the most hypocritical bunch of donkeys (asses) on the planet depending on what outcome you want?

Illiterate much?

I have seen people profoundly ill with this disease. If you had seen it or even cared, you would not think this problem is a political one. You should try to understand what it means to stand outside of a room and tell a family that mom is not going to get better and will likely die tonight. Then have a word with my associate who lost her father, husband and cousin to Covid in a month. Ask her, a "devout" Republican and fundamentalist Christian how she feels about Trump and the others who encouraged her family to be suspicious of the vaccines. Or speak to my neighbor who just lost her robustly health husband to this disease. She will have to remove her o2 mask to speak to you.

Then there is the poor little 90 pound, 60 year old homeless lady I sent to the hospital night before last. She was in my grill before I could stop her. I have been vaccinated, boosted a week before and was wearing a N-95. I had not had time to put on my face shield yet and yes I should have known better. I found her in an alley, under a hoodie weak and shaking like a leaf. She said that she had received the J & J about 8 months ago. She was an easy call. Her 02 was 80 so I summoned an ambuulance. By the time they got there her saturation had dropped to 78. They put her on 6+ LPM (I could not see) 02 and could only get her to 82 before they transported her. We need not discuss her EKG. I do not know if she survived. I do know that she was taken to a good hospital with a monoclonal antibody clinic.

And so it goes Bluto. This lady dies or does not die. Roll of the dice. But her chances would be a fuck of a lot better if she had received a booster MRNA vaccine. But you know, her rights and all. And those awful Democrats trying to force her and those wonderful Republicans standing up for her right to die in ignorance. Do you think, when I was first kneeling over this person that I was much concerned about the politics of vaccination? Do you think that she was? No. She was just gasping for breath and I was trying to figure out how quickly I could get someone to try to stop her from dying. You could be next.
Last edited by Drlee on 11 Dec 2021 20:48, edited 1 time in total.

You can open the tweet yourself.

According to OCHA, imports of both food and medici[…]

Women have in professional Basketball 5-6 times m[…]

@FiveofSwords still has not clarified what it […]