Gay marriage - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Modern liberalism. Civil rights and liberties, State responsibility to the people (welfare).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Stormsmith
^The first thing hospital staff will ask is, "What is your relationship to the patient?"

If you're not married or blood, they will not necessarily let you see the patient and definately won't give you medical info nor ask if you want to give or withhold medical treatment.

If you die without a will, there is n o guarentee that the surviving spouse will have the same rights as a spouse with respect to the distribution of owned assests, and less for survivors benefits.

Please copy and keep this, so you can inform the next person who makes the same mistake you just did.
By ninurta
PBVBROOK wrote:[]Nazi Germany killed 6 million Jews because the voters wanted it that way; ergo, that makes it right? I disagree.[]

Have you been drinking? You can do much better than this. You usually do not make statements as absurd as this. I think you should remember Godwin's Rule.

Godwin's Rule is only a bad thing when you make unnecessary comparisons to Hitler and his regime.

Homer wrote:Homosexual Marriages - No
Polygamy - No.
Incest - No.

Actually it goes like this:

Homosexual Marriages - Not the government's buisness. The people being married's buisness.
Polygamy - Not the government's buisness. The people getting married's buisness.
Incest - Not the government's buisness. The people getting married's buisness.

Government's role? None of the above, its purpose isn't to be the marriage buisness.

What people do in the privacy of their own homes, or in the privacy of their churches, shouldn't be up for a vote or public debate.

William_H_Dougherty wrote: I support Gay Marriage now that it has become Law in Canada.P.S. I think the government should stay out of this issue except as it concerns DanTheMan, who should be forced at gunpoint into a gay polygamous marriage :).

I'd love to get married, but not because a government says I can, nor do I want the government to handle the marriage buisness.

Stormsmith wrote:^The first thing hospital staff will ask is, "What is your relationship to the patient?"

If you're not married or blood, they will not necessarily let you see the patient and definately won't give you medical info nor ask if you want to give or withhold medical treatment.

Without the state getting in the way of the marriage buisness, this can and will change. There's nothing in marriage that makes it so you can't. We can set things up so that you have a list of people, relatives, friends, spouse(s), who can come do anything that can be done with marriage if necessary.

If you die without a will, there is no guarentee that the surviving spouse will have the same rights as a spouse with respect to the distribution of owned assests, and less for survivors benefits.

Yeah, because we allow the government to have control over marriage. However, this can be done in other ways other than through marriage.
By Stormsmith
ninurta wrote:you have a list of people, relatives

Last time I was admitted to a hospital I was knocked out cold. Not interested in having a tatoo or dog tags

ninurta wrote:Without the state getting in the way of the marriage buisness

In some areas of Canada, protestants can have a civil marriage w/licence or a church wedding w/licence or alternatively, no licence if the banns are read. These marriages are registered provincially for the purpose of taxes and of survivor rights if one dies in testate, for children etc.
By ninurta
Stormsmith wrote: Last time I was admitted to a hospital I was knocked out cold. Not interested in having a tatoo or dog tags

You need neither tatoos nor dog tags. What you'd need is to just make sure ahead of time that you set things up so there are no problems.

In some areas of Canada, protestants can have a civil marriage w/licence or a church wedding w/licence or alternatively, no licence if the banns are read. These marriages are registered provincially for the purpose of taxes and of survivor rights if one dies in testate, for children etc.

If we get rid of the religious baggage, by not using religious words, I don't care if they legalize civil unions for everyone.
By Stormsmith
ninurta wrote: What you'd need is to just make sure ahead of time that you set things up so there are no problems.

And if you're strickened outside of your country?

If we get rid of the religious baggage, by not using religious words, I don't care if they legalize civil unions for everyone.

Could you explain this a little more, plse. Not quite sure what your point is. Thanks.

Very well, this is explicit too: Those acts show[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

French President Emmanuel Macron announced that U[…]

I was amused by her obedience to the ruling ide[…]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]