Will there be war between the US and Iran? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will there be war between the US and Iran within the next few years?

war is inevitable whoever is elected
10%
war is only inevitable if Bush is re-elected
43%
war is only inevitable if Kerry is elected
2%
there will be no war regardless of who is elected
35%
Not Sure
8%
Other
2%
By Der Freiheitsucher
GandalfTheGrey wrote:hmmmm looks like those other two options aren't coming. Sorry.

Hey hey, I'm slow but effective.
By Boondock Saint
war is only inevitable if Bush is re-elected

That is my selection.

Bush will continue his war, Kerry will not. The only possible way that Kerry would bring war to Iran is if Iran was the aggressor or ties to a terror attack with Iran were concrete.
By Noumenon
My guess is that a full-scale war will not occur in any case. If Kerry is elected, we will put diplomatic pressure on them. If Bush is reelected, we may do some sort of aerial campaign to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities, or get Israel to do it. A full-scale war is not likely at all. We just don't have the resources, and I don't think the American people will be ready for another war for awhile.
By graymouser
I think war with Iran is not likely to happen in the fashion of Iraq, simply because that has turned out to be such a massive boondoggle. I would not be surprised, though, if the Iranian democratic movement developed into a revolution and a US surrogate happened to go to war to help them rise to power. Unilateralism with US boots on the ground is not the only way to wage a war.

-Wayne
By Comrade Ogilvy
Hopefully not, Iran could be useful to us to get Iraq off our hands. But unfourtanatly I don't think my goverment is smart enough to see that. Regardless of party afflitation..
By GandalfCannotLogOn
graymouser wrote:I think war with Iran is not likely to happen in the fashion of Iraq, simply because that has turned out to be such a massive boondoggle.

I don't think the Neo-cons think like this, they do not learn from their mistakes. And it is a fact that Iran has been much a part of their agenda as Iraq. If the neo-cons maintain their grip on the pentagon, through their puppet Bush, then I think its inevitable that action will be taken against Iran.
By Seán Himmelb(L)au
I hope the US invades Iraq like Nazi Germany did Poland and it is split up into little defencelss countries because the little yapping Yanks can't control themselves.
By Comrade Ogilvy
But as i said before and noone read it:
IRAQIS didnt fight because they wanted to get RID of SADDAM.
IRANIES will fill because they DONT want to get rid of anyone!

Thus Iran is more powerfull than Iraq, i guess Iran has WMD (just a guess).
And Iran is full of Mountains, Perfect for a guerrilla warfare.

Iranies wont surrender.

Each one of this Mans,women and Kids will fight before giving the US their beloved Motherland.
By Looter
I dont think the US wants to invade Iran but there is plenty of potential for a smaller war breaking out over Iraq because there is so much hostility between the two countries. I really cant imagine Kerry being president now but even so what could he do about Iraq?
By Vagrant
I don't think the U.S. will attack iran, its quite reactionary to sit here and think arrg they're so evil and they're going to try and take over the world, as many "liberals" do. They are imperialists but they aren't stupid and Iran is no Iraq...

Current Jewish population estimates in Mexico com[…]

@Istanbuller You are operating out of extreme[…]

Ukraine stands with Syrian rebels against Moscow- […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Afhanistan and South Korea defeated communists. […]