How Transphobic Are You? - Page 8 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Do you self-identify as Transphobic?

Yes
37%
No
56%
Other
7%
@Pants-of-dog You really don't know fuck all about studies, do you? Studies have to be done in such a way that all variable are taken into account and have a foregone conclusion that they are working towards by manipulating or ignoring things.
Last edited by Godstud on 13 Apr 2024 02:04, edited 1 time in total.
Me informing you of your ignorance is not an insult, but exposing a reality. Reality is something you aren't really happy with, and that's why you follow an ideology of delusion.

If being a transphobe means that I don't want children to be victimized by sexual predators and their cult members, then I am OK with being called that. Are you happy being part of a ideology of child predation and grooming?
Regarding W.C.s is an issue... Do you want a guy with long hair and a cock to go to same WC like your girlfriend or daughter?

How is it in Jails... when you say you feel as a woman then you go to female section and make sex orgy...
Fasces wrote:Which of the following statements do you agree with?

Category I: Gender Affirming Care (Non-Medical)
  1. Being respectful of others and using their preferred pronouns.

When talking to them, I'm quite ambivalent about these, because "gender identity" is a false hypothesis with no grounding in reality. However, our current social norms are to follow this fallacy, so to maintain social relationships, I'd have to go with respecting their pronouns.

• Allowing people to dress and present as their preferred gender

• People can do what they want with this; who cares

• Governments can recognize name changes and gender changes on legal documentation

• No way; this takes it too far

• Sports leagues can choose to allow transgendered people to compete in the format of their choosing

• No this isn't fair to women

• Institutions can choose to allow transgendered people to use facilities of their preferred gender (bathrooms, locker rooms, etc)

• People can use the bathroom that they can pass the visibility and observation test for

• All of the above, for minors, with parental consent (for institutions and leagues, those that cater to minors)
  • All of the above, for minors, regardless of parental consent

• I feel the same way about minors

• Require institutions to use of a person's preferred pronouns (hate crime for deliberate misgendering)

• Absolutely not; telling the truth isn't a hate crime

• Require individuals to use of a person's preferred pronouns (hate crime for deliberate misgendering)

• Absolutely not; telling the truth isn't a hate crime

• Institutions cannot prevent people from dressing or presenting as their preferred gender (protection for sexual identity at work, school, etc)

• I agree

• Institutions cannot prevent people from using facilities of their preferred gender (bathrooms, locker rooms, etc)

• If people can tell they aren't the right sex and they use the wrong bathroom, they should be fined

• Sports leagues are required to allow transgender to compete in the format of their choosing

• Same

No, unhealthy and inappropriate treatment for the condition

• Adults can choose to use surgical procedures to alter physiology to match preferred gender

• No, physically harmful, permanent, inappropriate treatment for their condition

• Minors can do the above, with parental and medical consent.
  • Minors can do the above, without parental consent and with medical consent.
  • Minors can do the above, with parental consent and without medical consent.
  • Minors can do the above, without parental or medical consent.

• No, minors can't do any of this either, even with consent.

Category III: Gender Theory
    1. Gender dysmorphia is real. (There exist people and they can choose to identify as cis or trans)

No, gender theory is not real. What actually is occuring is a mental health and or brain disorder wherein these individuals aren't happy with their sex and want to be the opposite sex. These people do exist, but gender theory is an inaccurate explanation of these individuals

• Gender is a social construct. (You can be assigned a different gender at birth than your physiology; your gender is changable)

• Gender isn't real. However, some exterior sex signals/displays are social constructs, such as the color pink, having long hair and wearing dresses. Most other differences in behaviors between the sexes are biologically based and some are reinforced by society.

• Sex is a social construct. (You can change your sex)

• Seriously?... Absolutely not. What would make you think this?

--------------------------

Personally, I would describe anyone who can't even agree with Category I: a through f as outright transphobic. I don't think a meaningful conversation on transgender issues can happen with people who can't accept even a to f, and they're not worth having with those people.

To answer the poll: I do not personally identify as transphobic.

I also am not transphobic. I care deeply about people and about these poor individuals who are having dysphoria about their sex. My understanding of psychology and the human brain, my experiences with individuals with dysphoric feelings about their sex and my reading of research papers on the topic, leads me to have the opinions shared above.

Tell me, how do you define transphobic?

A phobia is a fear. Are you saying people that are transphobic, have a fear or this population?

Another reminder that @KurtFF8 's source doesn't[…]

Another NGO unqualified to make this type of call[…]

Trump fell on his face yesterday at the Libertaria[…]

Coffee: Strong vs. Weak

I'll stick to my "medium" coffees in my […]