Comparing natural gas use in different parts of Europe - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
I commented that the wealthier countries in Northern Europe use more natural gas despite claiming to be pro-environment, and someone else disagreed and insisted that countries in Northern Europe use less gas.

So here is an actual look at the statistics. It is a little complicated, and it requires some explanation and understanding.

I think consumption of natural gas is lower in Norway and Sweden because they have so much hydroelectric power.
Finland traditionally uses a lot of heating oil, and also still wood burning stoves are popular. The majority of the population in Denmark is very urbanised and uses centralised district heating, so they are able to make great strides in using recycled heat and burning biomass. Sweden also uses a lot of biomass in its city areas. 30% of electric power in Sweden is still produced from nuclear. 47% of houses in Poland use wood or coal to heat their homes.

The Netherlands and Belgium by far use the most gas, per capita, in Europe.

Italy 1,204
United Kingdom 1,204
Germany 1,165
Ireland 1,012
France 617
Poland 525
Spain 625
Greece 465
Natural gas consumption per capita by country - Thematic Map - Europe (indexmundi.com)
https://www.indexmundi.com/map/?v=137000&r=eu&l=en
Taiwan-China crisis.

It's been 10 with Xi so far. :roll: I'd try talk[…]

This lawyer's "crime"? Merely being pres[…]

Why You'll Never Achieve the American Dream

It was the dream of millions of people who came f[…]

Then what is my argument? That cops disproporti[…]