Considering buying a handgun - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Military vehicles, aircraft, ships, guns and other military equipment. Plus any general military discussions that don't belong elsewhere on the board.

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By ingliz
Well, again, I probably wont be able to take it with me

I hope they let you, a secondary weapon is always handy to have, if not you will probably be able to pick something up over there.

Are you regular Army or National Guard?
By Wolfman
-Gasp!-

-slaps Ingliz-

I'm a Marine! How dare you associate me with those morons!

-serious face-
USMC Reserve. I'll probably be deployed twice Second Deployment will likely be as an NCO.
By ingliz
I'm a Marine! How dare you associate me with those morons!

Just joshing, :lol:, you must have told us you're a Marine in about 50 threads. :lol:
By War Angel
Where the hell are the Israelis

There is no law for self defence in Israel, and ordinary citizens cannot legally own fire-arms. Only a very select few (settlers, police officials, taxi drivers, jewelry shop owners..) can own firearms, and even fewer actually do. It's a LOT of paper-work, and you can't legally shoot someone in self-defense, so it's really only a deterrant.

So, sadly, I can give you no advice. I can tell you what handguns are good (CZ-75, Sig Sauer, GLOCK, Beretta), but they would cost you a pretty penny. I was never out shopping for a firearm, and I don't know anyone who has. Most of the settlers walk around with assault-rifles.
By Wolfman
I figured that was one of those laws that no one really followed, cause you guys are fucking crazy.
By War Angel
I figured that was one of those laws that no one really followed, cause you guys are fucking crazy.

I realise we've rightfully earned that reputation, and Israelis are indeed less... soft than most other people, but you must also keep in mind we're Jews, and a lot of things Dave says (liberals, self-victimising, tearing away at society's fiber) are true. We're often far too easy on violent and criminal elements in our society (and outside as well, the Palestinians' continued existence as a testament to that). Israeli law and legal system are a joke, when it comes to dealing with violent criminals. People get away with doing truly atrocious things, with ridiculously measley penatlies and punishment.

Basically, if you're ever faced with a situation where your life is threatened, you must think "do I want to die, or spend a decade or so in prison", and act. If your loved one's lives are threatened, you will eliminate the threat and do time. It's better than having one of your loved ones dying, that's for sure.
By Huntster
Quote:

I realise we've rightfully earned that reputation, and Israelis are indeed less... soft than most other people, but you must also keep in mind we're Jews, and a lot of things Dave says (liberals, self-victimising, tearing away at society's fiber) are true. We're often far too easy on violent and criminal elements in our society (and outside as well, the Palestinians' continued existence as a testament to that). Israeli law and legal system are a joke, when it comes to dealing with violent criminals. People get away with doing truly atrocious things, with ridiculously measley penatlies and punishment.

Angel, are you familiar with Brigitte Gabriel? She has highly praised Israel in her books.

If you know of her, what do you think of her?

Gabriel reports that she and her parents were forced to live in an 8'x10' bomb shelter underground for seven years with only a small kerosene heater, no sanitary systems, no electricity or running water and little food. To get water she states that she had to crawl in a ditch alongside a road to a spring in order to evade Muslim snipers.
Later, in 1978, Gabriel's says a man warned her family of an impending attack on Christians by militias. She says that her life was saved that night when Israelis invaded Lebanon in Operation Litani. Later, her mother was seriously injured and was taken to an Israeli hospital where Gabriel noted the humanity of the Israelis in contrast to the propaganda against the Jews she says she saw as a child.

Gabriel is a former news anchor for “World News”, the Arabic evening news broadcast for Middle East Television a Christian television station seen throughout Israel, Egypt, Syria, Jordan and Lebanon. She covered the Israeli withdrawal from central Lebanon, the Israeli Security Zone and the Palestinian uprising in the West Bank and Gaza.
By Zerogouki
Actually, you can get a 9mm SIG Sauer P250 for $640. It's fully modular and you can attach stuff under the barrel, making it probably the most customizable pistol out there.

[youtube]fsPgYAn258c[/youtube]

Dunno, when I hear him speak, the vibe I get from[…]

If you check in to some of the current hasbara out[…]

Here in Arizona as we slowly approach the next el[…]

@Potemkin wrote: Popular entertainment panders[…]