Now it's to late - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

The Second World War (1939-1945).
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
By Red Bear
What the hell do we know about WWII mistakes?In that time all that semed right.Who could tell that useles point of building Mazino line?Or unreasonble kiling of Jews.I mean it's okay we discus abot that now but i just say that in that time nothing was wright or wrong.Everything just happened.
By Russian
Everything just happened.

it certainly did
By Comrade Koatna
I personally donr understand the point of this post but...I do agree
By CasX
Who could tell that useles point of building Mazino line?

Well I'm no expert but I thought one of the points of learning history was to prevent repeating mistakes.

France was invaded through Belgium in WWI...
By Kov
No no... there were military blunders. It would be hard to say that there whern't any...

But yes, almost every plan did not work through the end... not even the Blitzkregue that the Russians eventualy countered.
By Adrien
Well I'm no expert but I thought one of the points of learning history was to prevent repeating mistakes.

Absolutely.

"A country which does not take the time to understand its past is bound to revive it". (poor translation of something someone told me in french.)
By Siberian Fox

France was invaded through Belgium in WWI...

I presume you are trying to imply that the British and French did not learn from their mistakes in WWI? Such a belife would be mistaken.

The entire reson that the Anglo-French force suffered such a massive defeat in the first weeks of the war [on the Western front] was that they had learn't from thier mistakes. The German army moved it's infantry in an attack on Belium in the same way as they had done in the first world war. Not to be slow off the mark the BEF and French moved into belgium to attack the German force.

The clever part of Germany's WWII plan was that they had anticpated this (having learned from the past also), and then lanched their armoured forces through the Ardenn forest to the south and surrounded the Anglo French forces in Belgium and Northern France.

To put it [over]simply, in WWI the German plan was an anti-clockwise movement from the north. In WWII it was a clockwise movement from the centre - a trap.
By ahab
WWI left Germany in a very bad state. Germany was very unhappy and was looking for a way out. Hitler came into power. Hitler used agression against other countries. Hitler was not stopped by League of Nations and was appeased numerous times by other countries.

So.. a series of bad events that led up to the largest armed conflict ever.

I don't mean to leave out Japan... but I'm not so knowledgeable in that reguard.
Last edited by ahab on 31 Mar 2003 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
By Adrien
Hitler was not stopped by League of Nations

The League of Nations (Société des Nations here) would never have stopped anybody: it was powerless! Except saying "what you do is baaaad" this organisation couldn't do anything.

Its successors, the UN, are also in front of a lack of power: they can't stop powerful nations to do what they want, but it's still much better than the LN.

Well, maybe the next generation will be the good one.
By Din
it's maginot not what you put it and that post doesn't make sense
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Putin's problem is that any serious peace proposal[…]

World War II Day by Day

Whatever you want to call it, Hitler’s plan was t[…]

Poland : " I'm sorry to say - we, Western wo[…]

What's your point? It proves they're not being […]