Huge Jellyfish in China - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By Zagadka
Ah, so that's where Godzilla grew up...

That creeps me the fuck out. Who knows what jellyfish think... at least an animal you can kinda tell. And from a documentary called "Finding Nemo" I saw a while ago, they can kill you!
By War Angel
Many of these pictures were taken and edited to be misleading. The creatures only grow about 6 feet wide.
By Igor Antunov
That's obvious War Angel. Simple camera angle and perspective tricks obvious to a retarded baby. Still doesn't change the fact that they are 2 fucking metres wide.
By Zerogouki
This is the only time when I have ever heard of a jellyfish being referred to as "only" 6 feet wide, as if that's small for a jellyfish.

Seriously, those are fucking huge.
By Huntster
This has to be bullshit. Chinese people would eat these things if they existed.
By Douglas
Both the Chinese and Japanese do in fact eat these and other jellyfish. The problem with these jellyifsh in particular is not their size it is the inability to kill the little blighters. When they feel threatened they pump out their sperm and eggs thus producing more big jellyfish. In attempt to cull them actually swells their numbers.
By NYYS
seriously, kill them. You can't see their eyes, it's creepy

(jellyfish. that comment wasn't intended to be racist but now that I re-read it it's funny so I'm leaving it).
By dudekebm
Kill the jellyfish. Ask the Chinese for a recipe for jellyfish soup or something. There. All fixed. ;)
By Douglas
But you can't kill them that's the problem, killing them makes them breed.
By dudekebm
Eat the Jellyfish alive? But don't do anything bad to the Chinese (especially our friend Watermoon) :)
By nilof
The interesting part is, in terms of weight, a ton of jellyfish contains more water then a ton of seawater.

That creeps me the fuck out. Who knows what jellyfish think... at least an animal you can kinda tell. And from a documentary called "Finding Nemo" I saw a while ago, they can kill you!

They don't. They're like carnivorous plants, industrial robots, or zombies. They react in a certain way when they end up in specific situations, but that's it.

Anyway, the best way to kill a jellyfish is by killing their polypes so that they won't reproduce.
By Rodion
Or you could boil large areas of the ocean. Of course, that might have an adverse effect on the global climate, possibly resulting in a noticeable increase in temperature in other regions. The only two countries I can think of disturbed enough that they might go for it would be the United States or... Japan.

Oh shit.
By Capitalist
Reminds me of an episode of The Goodies where the evil genius was dumping crude oil and potatoes into the ocean to make the world's largest serving of fish and chips.
By Serinous
The picture looks like it's been photoshoped, for sure.

https://twitter.com/lowkeysim/status/1784718303698[…]

Me either. They seem to be robotically attached t[…]

Would be boring without it though. Yes, the oth[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]