Windows 7 professional for free... - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Anything from household gadgets to the Large Hadron Collider (note: political science topics belong in the Environment & Science forum).

Moderator: PoFo The Lounge Mods

By dgun
Don't use it then, I don't give a fuck

Oh, I think you do.

And that's not the issue anyway. The issue is you being a windoze fanboy and trashing linux and open source all the time.

And Java >:
By Zagadka
Um, I dual boot Ubuntu and I use OpenOffice instead of Office. I fully support open source.

You're jealous that I'm not immature and don't say something clever like "linsux".

Java blows, though.
By dgun
Java blows, though

You mean is awesome.

My flatmate wrote a program in Java with some wolves chasing sheep. The wolf followed the sheep and the sheep ran in the opposite direction. It froze his computer.

That's because he doesn't know what the crap he's doing.

and Java's platform sucks and installs malware.

lies.
By Zagadka
Regarding the crashes, any poorly-programmed program in any language will do that.

lies.

No, Sun's platforms always try to install Yahoo Toolbar and run background services to download updates.

I've yet to see an efficient Java program of any complexity.
By dgun
No, Sun's platforms always try to install Yahoo Toolbar and run background services to download updates.

background services to download updates != malware. You can opt out of the Toolbar. Flash, Adobe reader all do the same type of thing.

Besides that, there is an open source version of Java

http://openjdk.java.net/
By Oblisk
Java is horrible. Nearly as horrible as VB.
By Igor Antunov
So despite using a legitimate windows 7 key given to me by my university, I start up win 7 to find it has started giving me the 'this copy of windows is not genuine' message on the wallpaper. So I crack that bitch and now it is genuine. FUCKING PATHETIC.
By dgun

apples and oranges
By Douglas

What is wrong with Java and what would you prefer?

Hmm, the question is do you pad your Calvins with[…]

https://twitter.com/alianfromspace/status/17847402[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Do you think US soldiers would conduct such suici[…]

World War II Day by Day

April 29, Monday Empire’s air training scheme ta[…]